Pros

Cons

There are no cons noted

Latest Solar Energy World reviews

Angie 2 days ago

I chose this company because of the great reviews I had read about! I was so pleased with this whole process. I felt that Sean my representative had been very informative. He went above and beyond to explain in detail answers to all of my questions. Sean was very educated about all aspects of solar energy worlds procedures. After our consult I felt very confident I was making the right decision. Every employee that has come to my home has been very professional and polite. All of the contractors/ electricians worked hard to complete my job in a timely manner. Solar Energy World did a beautiful job with the solar panels on the roof. The rest of the equipment on the side of the house was done neat and clean. Brian one of the electricians went above and beyond with his work and explained in detail about each step of the process. I couldn’t be happier with everything from the price, appearance, workers, and communication with solar energy world. I would 110 % recommend this company to friends , family and neighbors.

Raj, over 1 month

I am writing this review after 8 months of my solar installation. I choose them as it was highly recommended by my friend. I was impressed at the beginning of how they took care of the installation process with all approvals from townships and how the job got done professionally. They were able to get the installation job done on time with no glitches. Things went smooth until we hit the summer. However, after 6 months in summer during my vacation, the solar edge inverter broke down and the app on phone did not have any notification mechanism. I was under the assumption that the grid gets monitored by the company but no one notified from SEW. I noticed this only after 2 weeks that I had no power generation the whole month of July. When I made my first complaint, a technical person informed that he will have 2 replace the chip of the inverter. I had to wait for 3 weeks and finally the day came, the chip replacement did not work and they had replace the whole inverter. Finally I had it replaced after 4-5 weeks. The installed a newer version of Inverter. During this whole process I had to pay my PSEG bills of about $550(peak summer) and lost about 2 SRECs of about $450. When I reached out on this to SEW they did not compensate in any manner and blamed the inverter company and they had no ownership. This made me very upset going back and forth on this issue with no result. My another biggest problem is the Software App on the phone, which does not alert you on any failures and you need to monitor it regulary. Prior to this I made referals to my friends on this company but this situation left me with low confidence now on this company. My strong suggestion to this company is to step up on Service aspects and perform the App upgrades.

All Solar Energy World reviews

Solar Energy World prices

Forecast average MD electric rates over the next 25 years

Solar Energy World is the fastest-growing, independently-owned and operated solar company serving Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Northern Virginia, Florida and Washington, DC. With thousands of solar panel system installations since our founding in 2009, we are also one of the most experienced and stable solar companies in the region.

5681 Main Street, Elkridge MD, 21075

201 Kelsey Lane, Tampa FL, 33619

Solar Energy World- VA

950 S Pickett St, Alexandria VA, 22304

Top 100 Solar Installers of 2020 Top 100 solar installers
Better Business Bureau Solar Energy Industries Association American Solar Energy Society Contractor Check Solar Power World

Tesla Powerwall sales and installations