Pros

There are no pros noted

Cons

Average cost per watt above industry average of $3.00

Review score is below industry average of 3.96

Latest Semper Solaris reviews

Wayne D 16 hours ago

Semper Solaris installed our backup battery and did a spectacular job. From the very beginning where Alex Darr provided above and beyond service. Alex proactively fixed small hurdles in front of us so that the process of signing up and choosing options and locking in a path was done super smoothly. He was always readily available via phone, email and text to answer any questions I had and remove bottlenecks in the process. I was genuinely impressed. The Semper Solaris employees continued to impress me during the entire job. They kept me in the loop as the project plans were developed, did several pre-inspections and then the installation was extremely well executed. Everybody I interacted with was courteous, very knowledgeable and professional their role. The system was installed without incident. They installed it such that I was super-happy, adapting the design as I changed my mind. The quality of the electrical work was very high. They kept the jobsite very clean and multiple people reached out to ensure everything met my expectations. Indeed they exceeded my expectations! I would thoroughly recommend them to friends and utilize them again. My first call would be to Alex. Thank you Alex and Semper Solaris team!!

Mike K., over 1 month

This is a warning that this company is completely inept. I contracted to have 4 different jobs with them over 14 months ago. The final job (solar and battery installation/operation) was just completed less than 3 weeks ago. However, the key is that they have been fully paid since January 2021. What that means is that I have been paying for solar without the benefits of solar for 5 months. I have been double-billed, by the solar company and the electric company. Now, I get it....every job gets delayed, especially with a pandemic. However, this was not due to any unforeseen delays. The delay was due to lack of licensing and inspection/approval from the city. Again, I know that you're thinking that this is not Semper Solaris's issue. However, this would be incorrect. When I checked with the city, they informed me that they did not have a request for inspection and that they were no notices put forth by Semper Solaris, and this was close to 5 weeks after they completed installation. Once the city inspected, they asked for a couple of clarifications and/or changes. And, true to form, Semper Solaris did not provide the necessary documentation / changes for close to 4 weeks after. At the time, I kept calling and trying to get this resolved with Semper Solaris. I was told that it would be taken care of and that there would be financial reimbursement after all of this was resolved. WRONG AGAIN. After completion, there has been no return texts, emails, phone calls, etc. from Semper Solaris. They have been paid, and no longer care to provide any service, much less communication. To name names, specifically, the customer service department, won't provide any updates. Our sales person, Ross Berman, has not responded to any texts or provide any information. And, the solar project manager, Michael, has never returned a phone call after numerous messages and requests from me. To be clear, all 4 of the projects that I contracted with Semper Solaris amounted to just over $100,000. Yet, it took over 14 months from start to finish, and now I can't get any response from anybody. Again, I would encourage everybody to get a solar system....just not with Semper Solaris. There are many different options, so just choose another one. These guys are not shy about talking about their military backgrounds and integrity. However, they should be ashamed to even evoke any ties to the military, as this is such an offense to the people that serve our country.

All Semper Solaris reviews

Semper Solaris prices

Forecast average CA electric rates over the next 25 years

Semper Solaris is California's premier solar panel installation contractor and residential roofing contractor! Semper Solaris is a SunPower Elite solar power company and we’ve been honored as SunPower’s Residential National Dealer of the Year! We offer the best solar panels available on the market and we are locally and Veteran owned. Oo-rah! We’d love to crunch the numbers on your power usage and determine the best way to install your solar panel system to save you the most possible money, and while we’re inspecting your roof, we can do any roof repairs needed or put on a whole new energy efficient roof! As the top rated California solar and roofing company, we are also proud to serve Los Angeles County, San Diego County, Orange County, Palm Springs, the Inland Empire, and the Bay Area. If you want the best solar power system and energy efficient roof replacement from the top rated local solar energy company, call Semper Solaris today! Ask about our HERO approved energy efficient upgrades.

964 Fifth Avenue Suite 510, San Diego CA, 92101

Semper Solaris - Bakersfield Solar and Roofing Company

3600 Pegasus Drive Unit #3, Bakersfield CA, 93308

Semper Solaris - Fresno Solar and Roofing Company

177 N. First St., Fresno CA, 93702

Better Business Bureau Solar Energy Industries Association California Solar Energy Industries Association