Pros

There are no pros noted

Cons

Review score is below industry average of 3.98

Latest AWS Solar reviews

AWS - Great service & quality pr over 1 month

We got bids from 5 different solar companies. AWS were competitive on pricing but we chose them because of their professionalism and quality of the presentation & products offered.

DG626, over 1 month

I used AWS as the installer on my solar project in July 2015. I was leaving on vacation and had scheduled the installation upon my return. However, they wanted to move up the installation schedule and I ended up trying to get ready for a big trip while they were installing the system and trying to get it to pass inspection (took 4 visits from LA County to get their worked signed off -- at least one of these visits required that I be home to allow the inspector into my house). This was not very convenient for me. <br /><br />Upon installation AWS sent me an email instructing me about turning on the system, which I followed TO THE LETTER. However, what AWS had failed to do (which they claimed in their email to me that they "ALWAYS DO") is throw the main breaker switch to the panel so that the system is ready to go when (in their email) they tell you just to toss the lever on the outside of the box. Needless to say, I followed their instructions and only discovered after 6 weeks when I wasn't seeing any change in my electrical usage that they had failed to throw the main breaker on the solar panel (THAT THEY CLAIM THEY "ALWAY DO") so that my panels weren't really connected to my electrical system. Now a year later, I've received my bill for the "true up" on my Net Metering Agreement -- $455... all from the 8 weeks last July/August when I thought I was connected (BECAUSE THEY "ALWAYS" LEAVE THE BREAKER IN THE ON POSITION AFTER THEY TEST THE SYSTEM"...) (NOT).<br /><br />Having solar has been such a great thing since we got through the installation process -- we would be Net Generators for the year had AWS done the job properly and left the breaker on as THEY ALWAYS DO....NOT.<br /><br />Despite their error, they didn't offer to reimburse me for the additional expense I incurred as a result of their error. They never apologized or said they were sorry. They didn't acknowledge that their email was incorrect (should've said to check the breaker position just in case they DIDN'T DO WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO). <br /><br />A bad technical experience, that cost me almost $500, as well as a terrible customer service experience for sure!

All AWS Solar reviews

AWS Solar prices

Forecast average CA electric rates over the next 25 years

AWS Solar Los Angeles commitment is to provide customers high quality service, performed on schedule, and at a fair price.

11750 Roscoe Blvd Ste 7, Sun Valley CA, 91352