Pros

Cons

Latest Blue Sky Solar reviews

Christopher 2 weeks ago

When I was looking into installing solar panels, I looked at about 10 different companies in the Salt Lake Area, and did a ton of research on what I should expect to generate/use, so I went in to this with certain expectations which Blue Sky Solar met and exceeded. The sales staff (I worked with Trent) was very informative and at no point did I feel under any pressure to choose something I didn't already know I wanted based on my own research. Some of the other 10 companies I looked at either tried to upsell me, or just weren't as responsive to my questions/concerns. Once I was ready to move forward with installation, they were extremely flexible, and worked with me to find a payment plan that worked with my timing but also reduced my overall cost. Once installation began, I started working with a project manager (Felisha) at Blue Sky who was just as flexible and responsive to my (numerous) questions. She did a great job making sure everything came together by my deadline, and even drove all the way from Layton at the last minute to meet with the city inspector to open up some of the electrical panels. I'm four months into using my system, and production is very close to what they (and I) estimated it to be. I was able to get the slightly more efficient REC-Alpha Blacks at a great price and am thrilled with the system so far. The Alpha Blacks are slimmer and look really nice on my roof, and have a slightly better lifespan and efficiency than some of the other panel options. While most companies will provide a similar option for the panels themselves, it's hard to imagine anyone would have been as easy to work with as Blue Sky (or as affordable). If we ever move, or when it's time to replace them in 30 years, I will definitely reach out to Blue Sky again!

Caleb, over 1 month

We chose blue sky solar after responding to an ad and have a productive talk with a sales representative. Once the project was underway things went wrong at every turn. Twice the office made clerical errors to lower the federal tax credit we would receive both of which were caught by me. The installation team showed up without all the necessary equipment causing delays and then failed the County electrical inspection. They returned to make the changes needed and instead did not make the proper changes leading us to fail inspection again. That caused over a month of delays from installation to turning the system on. The office team seemed to procrastinate on the paperwork until the last minute and then send the customer an email needing information the next day with no warning. After citing their “great track record” of receiving grants we were extremely unimpressed with their performance on that regard and did not receive said grant which was a major selling point during their pitch. Overall the system works, it is running, but every step of the way to get here was stressful and not handled well.

All Blue Sky Solar reviews

Blue Sky Solar prices

Forecast average UT electric rates over the next 25 years

Blue Sky Solar is currently working in the Utah, Oregon, and Washington market area, offering high end solar options for very competitive pricing. We believe in owning solar power, not leasing it. For years buying solar was expensive, but those days are over! You can now replace 'renting' electricity from your power company to'owning' your own solar power plant and have this decision save you money right from the start.

Since every home is unique, we offer a free Solar Analysis for people who want to know what solar would mean for their home. You can choose your way to communicate with us, whether by email, phone or in person. Our goal is education, and if solar is right for you we'd be glad to help. If your home does not qualify as a good candidate for investing in solar, we will let you know that as well.

Thank you for considering Blue Sky Solar for your residential and commercial needs!

1550, Layton UT, 84075

Blue Sky Solar

1550, Layton UT, 84075

380 Q Street, Springfield OR, 97477

Better Business Bureau UL Certification

Solar hot water sales and installations