Pros

Cons

There are no cons noted

Latest A1A Solar Contracting, Inc reviews

Dan 3 weeks ago

A1A dd a great job with planning and installation solar panels for my home. They made sure to understand the goals I had for solar before offering a quote, took the time to review and tweak it along the way. They have a "concierge" approach to the process, taking on the burden of working with the HOA, Power Company and the county to ensure everything is coordinated. Bobby, Warren, Ben and Josh showed up on time and were very professional during the installation. They hid all of the conduits in the attic so the overall appearance of the panels is very clean with no visible wires on the roof. Overall I would very much recommend A1A Solar for their professionalism and quality of their workmanship.

Jonathan Gonzalez, over 1 month

First reason is the cost. At the time I ordered Tesla was not servicing Jacksonville, Tesla is much cheaper, about 35% cheaper. Just so you have an idea, I was supposed to get about 21 panels and 2 powerwalls from A1A Solar and that was going to cost me $50,000. I ended up going with Tesla and got 24 panels and the same 2 powerwalls and that cost me $32,000. Second reason and the most important one is empty promises. I decided to get solar on August 2020, my first and only questions was “am I going to be able to get the system installed before the end of the year so that I can take advantage of the 26% federal tax credit?” I was promised that the system would be installed before December 31st 2020. Of course that didn’t happen, the government extended the 26% until December 2021, but that was recently, at the time that was scheduled to go down to 21%. The thing is, I made a deposit that was fully refundable only for the first 3 days (this was never told to me, not even once) the issue with that is that from the day I signed my contract until the end of the 3rd day nothing happened. By the time I had a reason to cancel it was too late. I got a text and a call from A1A Solar in mid November to tell me that they were not going to be able to install my system before December 31st 2020. Not long after that Tesla started servicing Jacksonville and I decided to cancel since A1A didn’t keep their side of the deal. Of course, when I asked for part of my deposit back (about $2,300) they refused and let me know that I only had 3 days to get the deposit back. I tried to legally fight that with no luck, because it was in the contract, but of course they never mention that, because they know not many people will cancel within 3 days because nothing happens in 3 days, so I had no reason to cancel. Tesla on the other hand, only asks for $100 deposit that is also non refundable, but they do let you know before you make the payment. Note that I only asked for part of my deposit back, because I am reasonable and I know they submitted paperwork to JEA to get permits, which is the only thing they did, because I had to submit the HOA permits myself. So I was willing to leave more than 50% of my deposit with A1A. But they refused. So do yourself a favor, save some money and some headaches and go with Tesla. I won’t be able to get my deposit back, but if I can at least send one person away from A1A, then we will be even. Have a good day!

All A1A Solar Contracting, Inc reviews

A1A Solar Contracting, Inc prices

Forecast average FL electric rates over the next 25 years

From design to installation, our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction sets us apart, making us the solar contractor of choice for north Florida homes and southeastern businesses.

A1A Solar Contracting, Inc. provides residential and commercial solar electric (photovoltaic/PV) design and system installations in major Florida markets. All work done in-house by company employees (never outsourced).

A Florida-based, veteran-owned business headquartered in Jacksonville. President and founder J. Peter Wilking is proud to be the only solar contractor in the region with several NABCEP certified staff in addition to being a licensed Florida Solar Contractor and Electrical Contractor.

10418 New Berlin Road Unit 223, Jacksonville FL, 32226

A1A Solar Contracting, Inc

FLORIDA - Jacksonville

10418 New Berlin Road Unit 223, Jacksonville FL, 32226

Top 100 solar installers
Better Business Bureau Solar Power World

Solar pool heating sales and installations

NABCEP certifications