Pros

Cons

There are no cons noted

Latest Whidbey Sun & Wind reviews

Dalmeida 2 weeks ago

The entire process went smoothly and professionally from the analysis/system bid,to the installation and finally the system commissioning.

Panzer, over 1 month

This is an updated review, which I submit after Kelly K's response to the review I left when this story just started. Kelly left out some details regarding the rest of the story. My land-based array was installed Sept. 2017. Adjustments that needed attention due to settling were promptly taken care of under warranty by an WSW employee, whom I called directly. On 9/26/19, I noticed a different problem, however. One of my modules was shattered. I saw no evidence of impact from any foreign object, and I assumed that the module was defective. A WSW employee came out the next day and agreed that there was no evidence of impact. It took over a week for Kelly to send another employee to take photos of the bad module on 10/7/19. That second employee also noted no evidence of impact. The photos were sent to John F., owner of Itek, for his approval of my warranty replacement for a defective module. ON 10/11/2019, I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE FROM WSW THAT STATED MY WARRANTY HAD BEEN APPROVED. So, John Flanagan agreed that there was no evidence of impact, and he sent me a replacement for the defective module. On 10/22/19, the defective module was finally replaced with a new Itek module. ALMOST 2 WEEKS LATER, ON 11/5/19, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM KELLY SAYING THAT HE SUDDENLY HAD “EVIDENCE OF IMPACT” ON THE DEFECTIVE MODULE, AND HE WAS GOING TO SEND ME A BILL FOR TIME AND MATERIALS FOR THE REPLACEMENT. That is when I got upset and called the BBB and the WA State AG office. They were both interested in how Kelly would explain how he could charge me for a replacement that the manufacturer authorized under warranty and that he had replaced under warranty 2 weeks before. In trying to compel me to pay for the installed warranty replacement module, Kelly denied me my option to shop around for the best deal on a replacement. This was extortive behavior and a violation of my consumer rights. Kelly also had the replaced module in his possession for 13 days before he suddenly found "evidence of an impact.” This “evidence” was not seen by 2 WSW employees while the module was in my array; and, the manufacturer approved the warranty and sent the replacement based on photos of the module while it was in my array. After I stood up for my rights, Kelly backed down. Without any apology, Kelly said that WSW “will cover the cost of this replacement fully.” As far as the bad customer service during the month that it took to get the module replaced, Kelly has given his own excuses in his response. He conditionally apologized to me for his lousy customer service, and I accepted his half-hearted apology. The scene should have been over then, and I was ready to change my review to a positive one. Instead, Kelly came back and tried to charge me for a module weeks after my warranty was approved, and now he tries to make me look bad in his response to my review. Buyer beware.

All Whidbey Sun & Wind reviews

Whidbey Sun & Wind prices

Forecast average WA electric rates over the next 25 years

Whidbey Sun & Wind, established in 2000, is one of the most experienced renewable energy companies in the Pacific Northwest, providing a broad range of renewable energy system solutions to our neighbors in the northern Puget Sound region. Renewable energy is our only business, so we are able to provide the best solutions and support for our customers. Because we've been at this a long time, and use the equipment that we provide every day, we understand the technology, its benefits, and its limitations. Our goal is to create a cleaner, sustainable future by helping people understand and use renewable energy. Whidbey Sun & Wind's crew include NABCEP certified Solar PV Installers. NABCEP (The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) is the national certification organization for professional installers in the field of renewable energy, offering certifications and certificate programs to renewable energy professionals throughout North America.

987 Wanamaker Road, Coupeville WA, 98239

Whidbey Sun & Wind

Top 100 Solar Installers of 2020 Top 100 solar installers
Contractor Check

Solar hot water sales and installations

Solar pool heating sales and installations

Wind turbines