Pros

Cons

Average cost per watt above industry average of $2.85

Latest Longhorn Solar, Inc. reviews

Tony F over 1 month

So, when I decided to install solar for my home in San Antonio, I did some research and contacted about 10 different companies. All were recommended by CPS, the local energy company; all had very nice ratings. I considered one that offered panels made locally, because I wanted to shop local, but then discovered a shaky financial past. The others offered similar panels, and competitive prices. I discarded a company because their rep showed up at my house and didn't bring a mask. We met in the garage with the door rolled up (very warm in June). I downgraded another company whose rep crunched some numbers, then suggested I double the panels his formulas recommended. I went with Longhorn because their proposal was relatively easy to understand; we chatted via Zoom, and their rep sent me his presentation (only company that did that). This made it easier for me to review what was offered, to analyze the numbers. I really appreciated the Zoom meeting, as I am immuno compromised. Finally, the deal closer was the production guarantee. They calculated what the panels should produce in a year, and guaranteed to reimburse me if energy production didn't meet their proposal. The only "gotcha" was in activating the system. After a couple of weeks, I asked when the system would be initialized. I was told they were waiting for the city to schedule an inspection. A week later, I tried again, with the same response. So I called the city and explained my situation; they scheduled the inspection for the next afternoon. Can't figure why this happened, as the final payment was due when the city approved the system. But, the city came, blessed the panels, and I've been saving on electricity ever since.If you're looking for solar, these guys are worth a good look.

MAC , over 1 month

I purchase a home that has a warranty for ten years service. I continue to get an error on my machine for Solar and wanted to have someone come over for maintenance to see if is working correctly. My bill with CPS have been from $225 to $250. We are only a family of 4 at home. It took me 3 months to get someone on the phone after leaving several messages too. Finally, the following week someone came over to see but he didn’t have all the answers. Tim told me he reset my Solar because of the error. He was going to double check on things and get back to me the next day. It’s been 2 weeks and nothing from that guy. He told me I might have to upgrade for more panels. Okay, so my panels are not working and you are worry about selling me more of the panels. Don’t purchase from this company because they will not try to fix the problem.

All Longhorn Solar, Inc. reviews

Longhorn Solar, Inc. prices

Forecast average TX electric rates over the next 25 years

Longhorn Solar Mission: To make solar accessible to anyone who desires it by providing the best products at the best prices and installation by the most qualified TEAM that exists.

We achieve this mission by:

1. Doing extensive research on the products that we provide to give you the peace of mind that you are only seeing products with a Tier 1 rating and have been vetted for bank-ability. Bank-ability is important because a warranty from a company that is out of business is worth nothing.

2. Using our buying power to get the best price for the best production. There are some panels out there that claim to be a better product because of higher efficiency. Higher efficiency does not equal better. It equals more expensive. In the end, higher efficiency means they produce more electricity in a smaller space for a higher price. To make solar more accessible we have chosen slightly lower efficiency for a lower price.

3. Employing the highest trained staff in Texas. Longhorn Solar invests in training at every level. Currently, we employ several team members who hold NABCEP Solar certification in Texas. We are also one of the only companies to provide a 12 week training class for all of our new Account Managers. When you speak to a Longhorn Solar Account Manager, then you can rest assured that we know what we are talking about. We would be honored with the opportunity to provide you with a Solar System quote and then installation.

4717 Priem Ln #704, Pflugerville TX, 78660

Longhorn Solar, Inc.

TEXAS - Austin Office

4717 Priem Ln #704, Pflugerville TX, 78660

TEXAS - Dallas/Fort Worth Office

701 E Plano Pkwy ste 305, Plano TX, 75041

Top 100 solar installers
Solar Energy Industries Association American Solar Energy Society Contractor Check Solar Power World

NABCEP certifications