Pros

Cons

Average cost per watt above industry average of $2.85

Latest Texas Solar Outfitters reviews

Jaasma over 1 month

Had a 5 KW system consisting of 15 LG solar panels and SolarEdge inverter installed in Oct 2019. Texas Solar Outfitters was very good to work with. Of 5 proposals obtained, TSO provided the best proposed configuration and price. The sales person and technical people were very responsive to my many questions, including when I wanted to add: another panel, a higher capacity inverter, and electric vehicle (EV) charge capability. System is working great. We currently use approximate 6,000 KWH per year, and based on the system performance for the first eight months (over 5,000 KWH), I will have power available to cover much of the charging of a plug in Hybrid vehicle. The system monitoring via an ethernet link provides very comprehensive information on system and individual solar panel performance, from time of day to yearly.

Juan Venegas, over 1 month

I purchased 13 solar panels which were installed late July of last year (2019). The system functioned well, but several items were not taken care of as promised. One of the two main issues were having them trim some trees that caused shade over the panels. One gentlemen by the last name Thomas came to my house to evaluate the trimming and said he had "some guys" that would come out to take care of it. Well, it's been over a year and they never came. Needless to say, I went ahead and paid out of pocket to have those trees trimmed. The second (and main) issue I am having now, or should I say, have been having for over six months, is that two of my panels are not registering power production. I have reached out repeatedly over the phone all summer, and conveniently, their phone lines are never answered and/or their voicemail is full and unable to take messages. I finally got in touch with one employee (Melissa) in late July who was very empathetic to my situation and she supposedly spoke with someone on the team but no one has ever bothered to return my call to send out a technician to evaluate the faulty panels. The most frustrating thing about this experience with Texas Solar Outfitters is the lack of accountability and customer service. I am a citizen trying to do my part to help my environment only to be meet with what seems to be a scrupulous company veiled as a righteous environmental advocate. Beware of this last business practice of theirs. BEFORE they even turn on your system, you have to sign a document that states that ALL work was completed to your satisfaction. The quandary is how do you know all work is fully functional? I should have seen this coming. And yes, I have filed the pertinent complaint with the BBB. I will update as necessary.

All Texas Solar Outfitters reviews

Texas Solar Outfitters prices

Forecast average TX electric rates over the next 25 years

Texas Solar Outfitters is a licensed electrical contractor TECL #28213, and full service solar engineering, procurement and construction specialist.

The team includes NABCEP and UL Certified Installers, Master Electrician and LEED AP designer. The company designs grid-tied, off-grid, and hybrid grid systems utilizing solar powered battery backup.

After one consultation, in some cases a brief telephone conversation, we can provide enough information to begin choosing the system that is best for your property and your energy needs.

705 Shepherd Drive, Houston TX, 77007