Pros

Cons

There are no cons noted

Latest Solar Topps reviews

Solar Topps is Tops! over 1 month

After an initial consultation, recommendation and estimate with a Costco-affiliated nationwide solar company I conducted further personal research on household solar energy solutions. I reviewed various manufacturer’s solar panels, and their interface devices such as string inverters, power optimizers, and microinverters and their pros/cons. I used energysage, other online resources, as well as reviewed others review comments. I reviewed SRP’s (my commercial electrical provider) website and its solar dedicated webpages and took note of its preferred installers. I then felt confident to contact three local preferred installers for a recommendation and bid. After significant discussion effort and resultant bids with two of the companies (both well regarded, one recommended a string inverter system, the other power optimizers and a 345W panels system) I contacted Solar Topps through its website for my final comparison. Tony Porter reached back to me for our over-the-phone consultation and I informed him of my efforts up to that point. After our discussion (which included a battery backup capability) he followed up with the recommended system and pricing. After further equipment refinement and pricing I decided that Solar Topps was the best company to accommodate my desires, including devices, pricing, warranty (25 years on the entire system), and installation timeline. Oh, and with no undue pressure, which I can’t say for others. My solar system (consisting of 20 REC 370 W solar panels, Enphase IQ7+ Microinverters, and interface panel) was fully installed just over three weeks from contract signing (15 Oct ‘20) and two weeks later (with Solar Topps intervention) SRP came out to meet my Solar Topps technician on 3 November to inspect the system, install a new solar-compatible meter and activate my home’s connection to the power grid! My electric bills have been 1/3 SRP’s monthly historical price since, the system generates more daily power than we consume, and we export excess electricity back to SRP for credit on our monthly bill. I had one system malfunction (detected while using Enphase’s “Enlighten” app which was quickly resolved after contacting an Enphase web support tech who determined the error to Amazon Cloud outage at the time. Working with Tony Porter and the entire Solar Topps team was a pleasure. I am not only satisfied with our installation and performance, I am ecstatic! I have since highly recommended them to our many nearby communities neighbors through the”Nextdoor” app. I was also able to claim 26% Federal Tax Credit of the total bill on 2020’s tax filing. I intend to add a battery backup years ahead when that technology is in its next generation.

Jerry, over 1 month

My inverter stopped working for three months and I still had to pay the monthly charge. I lost three months electrical production and was reimbursed a small percentage of my loss. Not real happy with Solar Topps.

All Solar Topps reviews

Solar Topps prices

Forecast average AZ electric rates over the next 25 years

Based out of Phoenix, Solar Topps was founded in 2009 in pursuit of helping Arizonans make smarter financial decisions when it came to their energy independence. We aren't roofers, electricians, or salespeople that decided to get into the solar industry, we are a local, NABCEP-certified engineering firm that specializes in designing, installing, and servicing rooftop, ground mount, and shade structure solar systems for homes and businesses. Our simple energy management solutions provide the best value in Solar, Battery Backup and EV Charging options designed to fit your lifestyle, today and tomorrow. By choosing Solar Topps, you have the peace of mind that your system will use premium products that are precisely engineered and installed to deliver premium results. The only thing that isn't premium about us is our price. Whether online, over the phone or in-person, our team is ready to work with you. Let's get started.

102 S. 28th Street, Phoenix AZ, 85034

Solar Topps

ARIZONA - Phoenix

102 S. 28th Street, Phoenix AZ, 85034

Better Business Bureau Solar Energy Industries Association American Solar Energy Society Solar Power World

Utility scale solar sales and installation

Utility scale solar - EPC