SunCommon (formerly Hudson Solar)

Updated: 30 September 2020

Pros

Cons

Latest SunCommon (formerly Hudson Solar) reviews

Lisa B 4 weeks ago

When I found out SunCommon had spots available in their Community Solar Array (CSA), I instantly knew this was the solar option for me. Living in an apartment, and not having ownership over my roof or property, I thought there was little I could do to transition my home to clean, renewable energy. SunCommon helped me to understand how I could earn credits on my electric bill through participation in a local CSA. Their sales team made it simple and easy to sign up, and their customer support team was quick to answer any questions along the way. It felt great to know that as an individual living in an apartment, I could still lower my carbon footprint and contribute to a healthier planet.

Beware of Terrible Service after, over 1 month

When your solar system goes down, will SunCommon be there for you with responsive service to get you back up and running? My experience says no. My pricey 40 panel system went down and I have been trying for the past 14 days to get SunCommon to send a service technician. Communication has been terrible and I still do not have a date/time for a technician service visit. I guess the technicians are being sent out to install new systems rather than service existing customers. How will you feel about your big investment in solar if you can't generate any power during a peak period? Pick a solar company that cares as much about customers after the sale as before. SunCommon has not been that company for me.

All SunCommon (formerly Hudson Solar) reviews

SunCommon (formerly Hudson Solar) prices

Forecast average NY electric rates over the next 25 years

SunCommon believes that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and a brighter future, and renewable energy is where that starts! Energy from the sun can power our lives and help build vibrant communities. Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business as a force for good.

13 Hook Road, Rhinebeck NY, 12572

SunCommon (formerly Hudson Solar)

NEW YORK - Rhinebeck