Pros

Cons

Average cost per watt above industry average of $2.55

Latest Affordable Solar reviews

John Rolph over 1 month

We just completed installation of our solar project in February 2020, and it has been a dream come true every step of the way! I was initially skeptical that solar panels made sense for my home, but after doing my homework, and sitting down with the folks at Affordable Solar, it all made perfect sense. The process and costs are made totally transparent by the sales team in a clear, concise proposal the give you after assessing your historical electrical use. They can predict on that data how many panels and inverters your system and should be composed of, and exactly how long the installation will take. I was actually very pleased at how affordable our system was. Once we agreed to move forward, the assessment team came out, designed the panel placement, and ensure that our roof areas for panel placement were structurally sound. Affordable Solar does all the hard stuff (permitting, HOA approval, etc). The actual installation took half a day, and it was painless because the panels are on skids/sleds that simply sit on a flat roof with ballast blocks -- no invasive mounting into your actual roof. Once done, they arranged for all electric company inspections/certifications, which came quickly. To date, my system has actually performed better than was predicted, and my electric bill has completely vanished. My sales representative, Solve Maxwell, and my project lead Jonas Terwilliger, were absolutely AMAZING during every step of the project -- they make it happen smoothly, efficiently, and perfectly every step of the way. I am soooooooooo glad I elected to do this. I feel socially responsible, received a wonderful tax rebate, and am loving the fact that we are converting all this gorgeous New Mexico sunshine to energy. Thank you Affordable Solar for a job exceptionally WELL DONE! John Rolph

mshappee, over 1 month

To start,, my project that was supposed to be complete in 3 to 4 months,,, it finally got finished in 9 months. From sales to project mangager to general manager the communication was horrible. The left hand didn't know what the right was doing. After the 9 months that it took to finish we had a big rainstorm and I woke up to 3 leaks in my roof and ceiling,,, after the repair there were no follow up calls to check on my account. Along with this there were no show's from their workers after making appointments and carelessly leaving my door wide open where my dog got out and I had to chase her a block from my house. This just sums up what I went through with this company.. Not a pleasant experience with this company.

All Affordable Solar reviews

Affordable Solar prices

Forecast average NM electric rates over the next 25 years

Our vision is to provide renewable energy solutions to all eligible home and business owners in New Mexico. These renewable energy solutions will allow New Mexicans to hedge against future increases in energy costs and save money through energy independence.

We want to contribute to and help grow New Mexico’s economy by continuing to expand, developing local talent to support that mission.

4840 Pan American East Fwy NE, Albuquerque NM, 87109

Affordable Solar

NEW MEXICO - Albuquerque

4840 Pan American East Fwy NE, Albuquerque NM, 87109

Better Business Bureau Solar Energy Industries Association Contractor Check Solar Power World

Residential Solar Electric