Pros

Cons

Average cost per watt above industry average of $2.85

Latest Son Energy Systems reviews

Satisfied customer of Son Energy over 1 month

After researching solar for several years, I made the decision to go forward before the 26% federal tax credit is reduced again by end of 2020. My home has electric baseboard heat, and though I had a high efficiency mini split heat pump system installed two years ago, the winter heating costs from Eversource were still astronomical, and continuing to grow every year. I had spoken with the large solar companies, but in the end, going solar was going to make them more money than it would save me, mainly because of the high cost of the systems that is built into financing. I spoke with Ron at Son Energy, and his down to earth approach, willingness to provide detailed explanations to answer all my questions, and 100% satisfaction guarantee, led me have him come to my home for a detailed walkthrough. When he wanted to come out to see my home for himself, and didn’t give a quote until he had personally been to my property, I knew he would provide the best install and service years down the road. His prior background in nuclear engineering is impressive, and gave me the confidence in his knowledge and expertise in designing and building the optimal system for my home. His pricing was highly competitive and fair, and he didn’t come across as trying to sell me something I didn’t need. There was no sales pitch, just an honest explanation of the benefits of the system vs the cost, and why it made sense in my situation to go solar. So glad I went with Ron and Son Energy. After the work contract was signed, he handled all the effort from permits to install, and arranged to come to my home a week early to begin the work. Ron (and the subcontractors he works with for electrical and panel install) were honest, efficient, and cleaned up after the multi day install. Everything he agreed to was completed in a top quality manner, and very timely. Now just waiting for the net meter install, and a full switch off of public utility to 100% solar production. I couldn’t be happier that I went with a local CT professional, and picked Ron Tooker with Son Energy.

All Son Energy Systems reviews

Son Energy Systems prices

Forecast average CT electric rates over the next 25 years

Solar electricity done right! We design and install custom PV (photovoltaic) systems that perform in year 1, year 25 and beyond. Our equipment is high quality, including LG panels, SolarEdge optimized inverters, and IronRidge racking. No other investment in your home can beat the returns of a PV system. Plus you're helping to save the planet! All work is covered by manufacturer's and our warranties. Equipment is covered for 25 years and we will resolve any performance issues free of charge under our workmanship warranty.

194 Norwich Salem Road, Lyme CT, 06371