Sunwork Renewable Energy Projects

477 Valley Way | Milpitas CA 95035

Rating:

Based on 124 Reviews

To receive a free estimate on your solar requirements, please use the Solar Calculator below.

Company Description:

SunWork Renewable Energy Projects is a nonprofit in California's San Francisco Bay Area that installs solar electricity systems on small-energy-footprint homes with the help of trained volunteers.

SunWork's innovative model lets it deliver solar power to homeowners with already modest electricity use (and correspondingly low electricity bills) at a third less than the conventional cost, allowing more people to make the switch to solar and enabling broader adoption of this clean, safe, and renewable alternative to the sources of energy that contribute to climate change.

SunWork takes care of every aspect of a solar installation, from site analysis and system design, to permitting and rebate paperwork, to installation, inspection, and continued support.

SunWork is deeply committed to creating a safe, energetic, enjoyable, and meaningful experience for its volunteers, and to achieving the highest standard of quality and convenience for its customers.

Lifestyle Solar

Lifestyle Solar Inc. has been voted as one of Fresno's Best Solar Installer for 2012-2013. We specialize in providing the best value

possible to California residents through the lowest prices and highest quality material.

(28 reviews)

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

124 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

Enjoying my pv solar system installed by SunWork

Enjoying my pv solar system installed by SunWork

No pressure coupled with high education prior to contract signing

Solar system options given to me

with pros and cons so I can make my own decision

With weather forecast for rain, SunWork checked the day before and saw that with the weather forecast change, install would occur on schedule

Watching the install, I was very comfortable with the install quality - I even went of the roof to watch the install

I haven''t needed service after install but I did have some questions which were answered promptly

I''m telling all my friends who are interested in pv solar to consider SunWork and I am looking forward to seeing my next Pge bill

Reviewed: 01/22/2016

Excellent

I compared several installers, but after meeting with Marc Fontana (and especially after the quote he gave),

I knew I had to go with Sunwork. Marc was very informative, kept or exceeded his promises, and walked me through how they were going to get my solar panels set up. They gave me a quote that was $1000''s lower than the competition along with solar data to back up the monthly kWh I could expect. So far, the panels are performing as expected and look beautiful.

Reviewed: 01/15/2016

System Install in San Jose Ca Area

System Install in San Jose Ca Area

SunWork was absolutely delightful to work with. They finished the job well within the quote and set

expectations appropriately along the way.

I pushed out my install date two times and SunWork was able to accommodate with no complaint. I understand how disruptive the rescheduling was, but they did not once make it my issue.

After the pushed out schedule, SunWork was able to find panels that were a little more efficient and a string inverter that supported more features and cost less. They were proactive in providing me these new options and helped me along with the decision.

Because of SunWorks unique business plan the system itself was very inexpensive. We worked with wonderful volunteers and even had the opportunity to help in our own installation. It was a great experience.

Reviewed: 01/06/2016

Great work and pricing by Meo

Great work and pricing by Meo

Meo did my 12 panel install with microinvertor, being able to help out was a good opportunity to learn how

things are done. Meo was very efficient and focus on the work and quality. Working with Sunwork we can skip the sales talk and directly talk about what is needed.

Reviewed: 01/05/2016

Matt Thompson of SunWork outstanding Sevice

Matt Thompson of SunWork outstanding Sevice

Matt Thompson provided excellent info pre-installation support to decide panel locations and Inverter

choices.
Matt provided excellent installation professional expertise with help of volunteers.
Great Volunteering program and motivated volunteers.
I have already recommended other friends to useSunWork.

Reviewed: 01/01/2016

Syed
01/01/2016
I have already recommended Matt Thompson to my other friends, and will recommend in future too.

V R

95117, CA

Excellent Choice for Solar

Excellent Choice for Solar

Sunwork was recommended by a trusted friend. I quickly signed up to volunteer sessions, to learn for myself

about Sunwork and Solar installation in general. I was quickly impressed by their charter to promote renewable energy usage, and the attention to detail and care during the installation. Following a couple of volunteer sessions, I signed up to have solar installed at my home. Unlike other contractors who have been late and over budget, Sunwork was on time and on budget, and the entire process went very smoothly. We are glad to recommend Sunwork!

Reviewed: 12/29/2015

Exceptional work

Exceptional work

Sunwork did an exceptional job installing our residential solar system. Marc Fontana was our project

leader. He was extremely knowledgeable, had great attention to detail, and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them! I feel very fortunate to have found this organization. Great work from start to finish.

Reviewed: 12/29/2015

Great Job!

Given that SunPower is a non-profit organization, you are pretty much guaranteed that the advise they

provide is impartial and the system they provide is perfectly suited to your actual needs rather than their own bottom line. This certainly was true of my engagement with them and the initial consultation lacked any awkward sales pitch or other pressure.

Even better, the actual install went smoothly, the inspection passed first time and I am completely thrilled with the results. The panels on the front of the house are even positioned symmetrically and actually add to the look of the house.

THANK YOU !

Reviewed: 12/05/2015

alfred.omega
12/06/2015
Apologies - of course I meant SunWork not SunPower...

The best

The best

We are so thrilled to have solar and it''s all because we found an affordable, trustworthy source in Sun

Work. Our technician, Meo was super knowledgeable, friendly, responsive and reliable. We couldn''t be happier. An extra bonus is we love the idea that by hiring Sun Work we''re contributing to help train solar installers.

Reviewed: 12/04/2015

Quality material and installation at a huge discount

Quality material and installation at a huge discount

Couldnt recommend them highly enough, for several reasons.
- Professional on-time installation. Even

though the process is volunteer driven.
- Simple and easy sales process. The people are knowledgeable and provide impartial and concrete advice. With the non-profit model they have no incentive to upsell anything. So you can just trust their advice.
- Between the initial quote and installation, the panel capacity increased by ~8%. Sunwork passed on those savings to me.
- My house needed a new electric panel before Solar could be installed. Matt referred a Electrician who was equally professional and charged less than other quotes I obtained.
- Matt was super helpful before, during and after the installation.

Reviewed: 11/30/2015

No Stress!

No Stress!

This was by far the lowest stress home improvement project I which I have ever been involved. The Lead was

knowledgeable, organized, and very good humored. The final bill was lower than the estimate and the accounting was impeccable!

Reviewed: 11/20/2015

Solar instillation in Sunnyvale

Solar instillation in Sunnyvale

This was by far the best experience having work done on my home that I have ever had. Matt and his team did

a great job on the installation, planning, permits etc.

Reviewed: 11/20/2015

Excellent work, Matt!

Excellent work, Matt!

I would highly recommend SunWork and Matt to anyone who is looking to add a solar system. Matt did a great

job installing the system. The whole process was smooth. Matt even fixed some pre-existing problems in my electrical panel. It was fantastic. I also got a chance to help the installation myself (purely voluntary), which was fun.

The only downside with Sunwork, if I have to say, is that due to its popularity and limited staff, it''s likely you will have to wait one or two months to be scheduled.

Reviewed: 11/12/2015

2.75kW DC String Inverter

2.75kW DC String Inverter

The best of the best. It''s great to be involved with your solar install. If you qualify there''s no better

choice (approx $100/mo electric bill). They will send an expert, and some highly motivated volunteers. At the end, you''ll have a professionally installed system, at a good price, and (if you participated) a priceless education.

Reviewed: 11/03/2015

srl99
11/03/2015
yessss!

Installation in Sunnyvale

Installation in Sunnyvale

We were really happy to do business with Sunwork. They saved us between three and four thousand dollars on

our solar system, below competing solar firms. They were also a pleasure to work with, assisting us every step of the way and procuring all of the necessary permits and forms from P.G.&E.

Reviewed: 10/30/2015

TVA

San Jose Conservation Corps

San Jose Conservation Corps

SunWork partnered with the San Jose Conservation Corps & Charter School to help install solar systems on

low-income families homes in San Jose. SunWork provided the opportunity for our students who had recently completed a solar training program to gain hands on field installation experience, while working alongside the industry professionals at SunWork. The practical installation experience paired with the solar training program has created a pathway for our students towards a career in the solar industry.

The patience and willingness to teach our students on a solar install while simultaneously completing the job on time and on budget was a work or art.

SunWork is a wonderful solar company who lives and breaths by their Mission. I would highly recommend SunWork as a solar installer.

Reviewed: 10/29/2015

Excellent experience using SunWork for solar installation

Excellent experience using SunWork for solar installation

We''ve been wanting to "go solar" for a while, but our average monthly electric bill is about $45, so a

leased system doesn''t work financially, and owning a system outright seemed cost-prohibitive. A friend recommended SunWork, a non-profit which specializes in situations like ours and keeps costs down by using volunteer labor. The whole experience was great! Replies were prompt and courteous, they answered questions and walked us through quoting process clearly and concisely. Scheduling was flexible and when the original panels were backordered they proposed an alternative which actually worked out better. That was the only hitch in the schedule, and wasn''t the fault of SunWork. Installation was done professionally by friendly people, with the supervisor always on site, and the end result is a system which works as advertised and looks clean. Even the inspections and paperwork with the utility company proceeded quickly and smoothly. I can''t recommend SunWork highly enough!

Reviewed: 10/28/2015

Excellent and smooth installation

Excellent and smooth installation

We installed a 2.2KW system, Sunwork''s price is the best. Meo was the project lead and did a great

job!

Reviewed: 10/27/2015

Small system installs that owners can participate in

Small system installs that owners can participate in

Sunwork is one of the few companies that will install small (

Reviewed: 10/27/2015

San Jose installatiion - Sunwork highly recommended!

Excellent

San Jose installatiion - Sunwork highly recommended!

We had a 2.2kW system with microinverters installed by Sunwork on our San Jose house. Our project lead was

Bryan. He did everything from completing a site survey, answering my questions, doing the system design, procuring city permits, installing with volunteers, to getting city inspector approval. Bryan also sat with me to configure the online monitoring and to apply for the PGE net metering. Sunwork and Bryan did a lot of things, but one thing they did not do is a high pressure sales job!

Sunwork is a nonprofit which serves customers who have electricity bills of $100/month or less, and are worth considering if you are in that category. They also have a roofing criteria; check out their website for details.

Sunwork does the installation with volunteers. Homeowners can also participate on the install, but I don''t think is required. If you are a DIYer, this can be a fun and educational opportunity. I volunteered on another homeowner''s project before participating on our house. Like the other install job I worked on, the system on our house was professionally done. Our house took only 1 day because it was a smaller system.

Over the years, I talked with different solar installers (at the big box stores, at solar events, the door to door sales people, Costco including Costco Online, etc.). Because our electricity consumption is not very high, these traditional installers did not seem interested (I think because they don''t make as much money on a small system). I stumbled upon Sunwork while reading reviews on the internet; several reviews indicated that they did small systems at an affordable cost. While our system is small, Sunwork also installs larger systems.

I highly recommend Sunwork! Cost wise they were very affordable because of their nonprofit nature and the participation of volunteers. Our project lead Bryan was great! I also met Reuben, Mike and Marc of Sunwork, and they are also wonderful people! I think of Sunwork as the Habitat for Humanity of solar. Sunwork is not for everyone, but we had a great experience with them and the volunteers!

Reviewed: 10/26/2015

Excellent and smooth installation in Newark

Excellent and smooth installation in Newark

Solar installation with Sunwork has been a very smooth process. From the initial price quote, site survey,

design plan, actual installation and after installation service, each step has been professionaly done with knoweledgable staffs.

Special thanks to Mike who helped answer the initial questions on different type solar system over the phone, and discussed the pros and cons between them to get the best system suited for my house. Also thanks to Meo being an excellent project lead, and has done a superb work on designing the optimal roof space utilization / engery production and mounting the panels nice and clean.

I would highly recommend Sunwork if your home qualifies for the installation.

Reviewed: 10/19/2015

Excellent!

Reuben and his team are fantastic to work with. Honest, hard working, courteous. Their installations are

stellar. I haven''t had a problem yet.

Type: Commercial Electric

Reviewed: 10/16/2015

Outstanding Solar project by Sunwork

Outstanding Solar project by Sunwork

Quality installation with best pricing.
Marc Fontana was our project manager and install lead.

Leading many volunteers, he was able to finish the job with 5 stars rating.
Couldn''t complain anything,but give praise for the job.

However, no everyone is qualified as Sunwork customer. Your ave. electric bill has to under $100 per month.

Reviewed: 09/30/2015

Very smooth!

Very smooth!

I loved working with Marc Fontana of SunWork. Everything from getting the quote, to putting in the

installation, to dealing with inspection and PG&E happened as if by magic! I also got to play along with the volunteers, so I learned how my system is installed (purely voluntary). In the end the system was done for less than the initial quote since SunWork passed on the savings to me due to panels becoming cheaper.

Reviewed: 09/27/2015

Professional, responsive, great!

Professional, responsive, great!

High quality installation from beginning to end and beyond. Reuben loves answering questions and spend

multiple hours answering all of my concerns - it''s clear he loves this stuff. They also pride themselves on doing a tip top clean operation - I was up there on the roof with them helping with the install and could see the care they put in to make everything just right. I''m pretty OCD myself and the team fit that mold as well! Of course, as a non-profit, it''s a no brainer on price. High quality, low price - there''s pretty much no reason to not go with them if you can.

Reviewed: 09/26/2015

Excellent

They are honest people. Very easy to work with. Their price is the best among 5 companies we''ve talked to.

The project lead Meo is knowledgeable and has passion about solar energy. He paid attention to details and followed up with things in timely manner. Overall experience is painless.

Reviewed: 09/25/2015

Sunnyvale

Sunnyvale

An absolute pleasure to work with SunWork. The team that installed included engineers and educators, every

one smart, thoughtful, and skillful. I enjoyed helping with my install, experiencing it at every stage.

Reviewed: 09/23/2015

Residential Solar Installation in Cambrian Park

Residential Solar Installation in Cambrian Park

After a lot of deliberation and talks with various Solar companies that charged ridiculous amounts for the

Solar System, I found SunWork. They are a non-profit and work in the interest of the community.

Mike Balma was our first contact who scheduled the onsite visit and gave an initial estimate which was 30% cheaper than quotes from For-Profit companies. The Panels they used were REC-275-TP Panels, which is used by SunRun as well. They used SunnyBoy String Inverter, which is also used by some of the For-Profit installers.

Matt Thompson was the project lead who lead the installation along with another project lead who was under training and 3-volunteers. The installation was scheduled for Oct. But due to a dropoff they scheduled ours in August, and I could not be happier, that we get solar earlier. The installation was done over a weekend and was on schedule no hiccups. I was impressed with their professionalism and the way they followed through. Matt was good and was open about pricing and did not hesitate on telling me the prices of equipment. They do pass on wholesale prices of all the equipment for the system and charge a nominal amount per watt of installation.

After installation Matt followed through with inspection and the application for Net-Metering as well, so it was a breeze for us. We are now earning credits for electricity generated.

So far I am a happy customer and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends. In fact one of my friends is on their wait-list for installation !

Thanks SunWork!

Reviewed: 09/02/2015

Professional, courteous and affordable.

Excellent

Professional, courteous and affordable.

They recently installed the higher efficiency (Solar World) panels at my house in Palo Alto. It was hard to

get a Solar company to work on our new Adobe tile roof, but Sunwork was willing to do it. They also gave the best price in the market. Matt and another helper installed the whole thing in 2 days. They are very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Highly recommended.

Reviewed: 08/27/2015

Knowledgeable project lead, quality install, VERY HAPPY!

Excellent

Knowledgeable project lead, quality install, VERY HAPPY!

Marc Fontana and his team of volunteers did an awesome job and got up our 16-panel system in ONE DAY! Looks

beautiful and is generating tons of electricity! Well worth the wait!

Reviewed: 08/09/2015

Upgraded Solar System

Good

Upgraded Solar System

I had a 20 panel (175 watts/panel) system in place. At one point my inverter was recalled and the

replacement one I received has an additional 1,000 watt capacity. I had Sun Work install an additional 7 panels and re-configuring they solar array appropriately. I have seen my energy production increase roughly 30% since the work has been completed and am happy with my upgraded system.

Reviewed: 08/05/2015

Nice people and great price for a small system

Nice people and great price for a small system

SunWork is a nonprofit that specializes in small solar installations. They only accept customers whose

electric bills are less than $100/month. They use a combination of volunteer labor and paid employees.

I''m very glad that I found out about SunWork. I live in a townhouse and my electric bill is about $30/month. Two of the big solar companies refused to even give me a quote, one because they don''t do townhouses and the other because my electric bill is too low. Two other big solar companies gave me quotes that were much higher than SunWork''s price.

Marc Fontana of SunWork came to my house to give me the quote, and returned later to lead the installation. He was very helpful with answering all of my questions, and made sure that the installation was done properly. He also returned to my house for the inspection, which we passed the first time. The system has been up and running for two weeks, and is working well.

Reviewed: 08/01/2015

Solar Panel Installation by Sunwork

Solar Panel Installation by Sunwork

Marc Fontana is responsible and hardworking. He is a creative problem solver and kept me informed at every

step of the process. Highly recommended.

Reviewed: 07/28/2015

Smooth process, quality work, good people

Smooth process, quality work, good people

Smooth process, quality work, good people. All around a very good experience.

Reviewed: 07/21/2015

Mr

Mr

Sunwork did a terrific job with our 10 panel system. They were very thorough and answered every one of our

many questions at each step in the process. They were very patient with us. Everything went very smoothly and they followed through on every aspect of the project. We are extremely satisfied with Sunwork and give them the highest possible recommendation.

Reviewed: 07/12/2015

GM1

Highly recommended

Highly recommended

Good price, good service, good people. What more do you want ..

Reviewed: 07/12/2015

Outstanding Solar Install

Outstanding Solar Install

I couldn''t be any more happier with the Solar install at my house. Marc offered intelligent, unbiased

advice during the Sales process. Did meticulous implementation. And followed through with the City approval and ensuring that the system was functioning properly by remote monitoring. Would recommend SunWork and Marc anytime. Go green and do good for the environment.

Reviewed: 07/08/2015

All Systems Go!

All Systems Go!

Fantastic service, very easy to work with and understand what''s involved. We had to work through some

structural issues with my roof but there were several options of roof layout that made it easy to change. Marc did a great job managing and working with the volunteers. He''s very patient and pays very close attention to detail and never rushes. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Excellant Installation

Excellant Installation

I talked with multiple companies before for my solar, and am glad I chose Sunwork.

The complete

process was explained step by step at first, and again whenever I had a question. Marc was the lead who installed my system and he was meticulous in making sure that even the tiny details are covered. The whole process went very smooth.

I have the setup up and running for a couple of weeks now.

Excellent, quick installation, great project team

Excellent, quick installation, great project team

I worked with Sunwork for a 4.1 kW system that was just installed on my home. My electric usage is low

enough where it was difficult to see a PV system as money well spent (if considering only the economics of it), but the Sunwork model made it a much better equation.

Marc from Sunwork led the installation, and several trained volunteers showed up to help with the installation. I had attended a Sunwork volunteer training session as well, which taught me the basics of installation, and helped me choose a system design that worked best for me. I enjoyed helping with the installation as well and I know a lot more about my PV installation than I did a few days ago. The entire system was installed and hooked up in two days, and the City inspector liked the attention to detail that Marc provided.

Sunwork provided a lot of guidance with the City-required PV interconnection agreement and the rebate forms that really facilitated the whole process. I''m very pleased with how this worked, and would highly recommend Sunwork.

They make buying solar simple and affordable

They make buying solar simple and affordable

I''m so happy a friend turned me on to Sunwork. I was able to get the best price, quality products, and a

VERY professional install. You''ll need to qualify for their program as they only work with lower usage customers and those with an electric car.

Reviewed: 07/04/2015

Great Job!

All work done on time, under budget, cleanly, and neatly. All questions were answered clearly, and I had a

lot of them! Service was friendly, cheerful and efficient.

I love my system and am already planning on adding more!

Reviewed: 06/30/2015

Excellent!

SunWork just installed a 4.68 kW system on my roof. Worked with Mike & Matt and the entire process could not

have gone any smoother. I think this is a no-brainer way to get PV (solar) installation if you meet their criteria (check their website). Yes, you purchase the system upfront, but the cost is way, way less than what you''d pay with other installers or what you pay lifetime with a lease.

Even better, the SunWork team is very professional and very experienced - it showed in their work. The final bill was less than their original quote - imagine that!

Reviewed: 06/25/2015

Excellent!

have gone any smoother. I think this is a no-brainer way to get PV (solar) installation if you meet their criteria (check their website). Yes, you purchase the system but the cost is way, way less than what you''d pay with other installers or what you pay lifetime with a lease.

Even better, the SunWork team is very professional, they''re experts and very experienced - and it showed in their work. To top it all, I had the satisfaction of helping with installing my own system and enjoy the beautiful bay and mountain views from the top of my roof!

Reviewed: 06/22/2015

If you qualify, choosing Sunwork is a no-brainer!

Excellent

If you qualify, choosing Sunwork is a no-brainer!

Our site is challenging due to several large trees, and Reuben carefully designed a layout to maximize

output while conforming to the new codes for fire access.

We added solar shortly after installing a new roof. Sunwork coordinated with our roofer for jack installation without any involvement from us. Matt did a great job managing the installation, and provided proactive follow-up even after we had paid the invoice. Which was 7% *less* than the original quote!

Reviewed: 06/01/2015

GNA

Installation

Installation

I am extremely happy with the entire process. Matt at Sunwork was very well organized and managed the

project very well. He worked with our roofing company to install the posts and then after the roof was completed, his team installed the panels. He guided me through the paperwork and made it effortless to transition to solar.

Reviewed: 05/27/2015

Great Installation

Great Installation

Had a great time installing the system with Matt and a few of my friends. If you have some schedule

flexibility and like to participate in the process, SunWork is awesome to work with!

Reviewed: 04/23/2015

Residential PV Installation

Residential PV Installation

Absolutely the best price for a PV system. We had to wait for months to get into their schedule, but when

the time came, they got it done efficiently. Their service was great; they coordinated permitting and installation with the electrician.

Reviewed: 04/14/2015

March 2015 installation residential

March 2015 installation residential

Our project manager, Matt was great to work with, and did a great job. Would absolutely recommend him to

others.

Reviewed: 04/13/2015

Great experience!

Great experience!

SunWork was far less expensive than the two other quotes we got. Installation was on schedule and on

budget. Project manager was friendly and professional. Great experience.

Reviewed: 03/25/2015

Amazing work and service!

Excellent

Amazing work and service!

Sunworks installed our solar panels recently and were such a pleasure to work with. They were extremely

responsive and timely with all their communication and work. The work was excellent quality!

Reviewed: 03/21/2015

Satisfied Sunwork customer

Satisfied Sunwork customer

They provided great education and friendly, professional, excellent service.

Reviewed: 02/11/2015

Another great job by Matt@Sunwork!

Excellent

Another great job by Matt@Sunwork!

Matt did a great job planning and installing my roof top PV!

Reviewed: 01/09/2015

Residential Solar Installation

Residential Solar Installation

Overall a great experience, and installed on schedule with good follow up

Reviewed: 01/08/2015

New roof - new solar

New roof - new solar

We had a very good experience with Sunwork''s installation of solar PV after our old cedar shake roof was

replaced. This was the time we wanted to install the PV system so we contacted Sunwork. Matt Thompson came to our home for estimating the size of PV that we needed. He also coordinated with the roofing company so the support posts for the panels were installed during the time the new roof was installed. When Matt came to install the solar PV, I had an opportunity to see how the panels and electrical were installed. Everything went smoothly and quickly, and was completed in one day with the help of a volunteer. I highly recommend Sunwork for their competence, especially working with Matt, and no hassle delivery of solar PV that is economically priced.

Reviewed: 11/27/2014

Great Customer Service and Support

Great Customer Service and Support

Alex was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process, from sizing the system and explaining the

different options to the actual installation of the system. I was pleased with the workmanship and professionalism.

Reviewed: 11/23/2014

Job well done professionally

Job well done professionally

The whole process was great. My wife and I actually became our own volunteers working on the project. Matt

is the project lead and he did a great job explaining everything and the work is very professional. He handled all the city permits and pg&e paperwork.
The city inspection passed with no problems.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed: 10/10/2014

The best of the best, and we talked to many installers

The best of the best, and we talked to many installers

We interviewed and met with 6-7 installers and decided to go with SunWork and we couldn''t be happier. In

fact, we put down a deposit with Sungevity first, then after meeting with Alex at SunWork decided to get our deposit back. Sungevity took us in loops around their customer support, design and sales folks, burning lots of unnecessary time and still not getting us answers we needed. Alex was knowledgeable, hard working and professional. In this case, the single point of contact from sales to install to completion was super helpful. When we have a question, we go to Alex, and we always get an answer quickly. From his very first visit, through the install and in his email communication he maintained the highest of standards. We couldn''t be happier. He finished in 2 days, and we along with some other volunteers were on the roof with him doing some of the work. But he definitely did the lion''s share. PG&E turned on our system within 2 weeks of installation. The whole thing was quick and painless, and even fun and educational. You don''t have to help install but in our case we had a great time. I''ve been telling all my friends about it. Go with SunWork.

Reviewed: 10/07/2014

great company and great service

great company and great service

Its a non profit organization and thus does not operate like big organizations. Once you put your request

for consultation they come out and give an estimate for your project. I am pretty sure that this would be lowest as I went with almost 7 other companies before zeroing on them. The wait for installation is really lengthy. For us it was almost 2.5 months from the start to end. Again this is because this is nonprofit organization and they only do installations on weekends.
Matt, our installer, took care of everything from start to finish that is inspection to PGE connection. The best part they don''t charge you a dine until inspector approves the whole system. And the quality of work was top notch. All in all great experience.
Brownie points for following up later too so if u hav any questions you can ask them.

Reviewed: 10/04/2014

Very, very good

Very, very good

Really impressed by how easy they were to work with. System has only been up a week, but so far, so

good.

Reviewed: 09/28/2014

Excellent!

Excellent service, communications, commitment. Highly recommended!

Reviewed: 09/28/2014

Sunwork.org Solar Panel (PV) installation is a no brainer

Sunwork.org Solar Panel (PV) installation is a no brainer

I''m writing this to our neighborhood because I am so impressed with our new PV System from Sunwork.org. I

love saving money and doing something great for the environment at the same time.
If you''ve ever dreamed of doing away with 95%+ of your PG&E Electric bill (in fact, go to annual, not monthly billing) then you are probably going to like this relatively simple, affordable upgrade to your home.
Today (mid August 2014) (it''s sunny (as usual) and in the upper 80''s outside and we are enjoying our newly installed PV Solar System.. currently using our air-conditioner (instead of sweating our butts off) cause our 14-panel system is generating 2,850 ~ 3,000 Watts, enough to power our air conditioner without using hardly any PG&E. Our system uses one inverter, made by Sunny Boy (model 3000) for our 3.5KW system, but the Company makes larger inverters (model 4000, 5000 and 6000) for a greater number of Solar Panels and correspondingly larger wattage system: 4KW, 5KW and 6KW). For those of you who have a 100A Panel (stock electrical panel) on your Ditz Crane home, Sunnyboy makes a model 3800 which is the largest Inverter you can install without having to upgrade your service panel. This is important because your PV Solar Panel System ties into your Service Panel so that you can become a net-producer of electrical power while attached to PG&E''s electrical grid. Sounds complicated, but it''s all quite simple once it''s explained. I''ve attached picture of our PG&E Meter (that I just took a short while ago.. yep, it says "Negative 2.024KW".. I''m not using PG&E''s power at all.. in fact, I''m producing power for other PG&E Customers who are buying it for .38, .50, .60 or more per KW, depending on what PG&E Plan you are on.)

Sunny Boy''s (that''s the name of the manufacturer of these inverters) new single inverters are much less expensive (about $1400) than those offered just a few years ago and offer an emergency bypass in case PG&E has a black-out. In such a black-out, you can power up to 1500W of items directly off your PV System (even if PG&E is entirely down). You can use this bypass (ie: electrical strip) to recharge cell phones, power small appliances (TV, small refridgerator), power radios, lights, etc

As for the placement of the panels, Sunwork.org has a software system, called SunThink that, based on the position of your home, the angle of your roof, shading by surrounding objects (trees), plus the Season of the year, to recommend the number of panels, number of arrays and the placement of those arrays on your roof. A south westerly facing roof is optimal, followed by a easterly facing roof (as I understand it). SunThink recommended 6 panels on our easterly facing roof plus 8 additional panel on our SW facing roof.

Our single inverter handles both arrays for greater system reliability, efficiency and affordability. As I mentioned, these inverters support multiple arrays, so having 6 + 8 panels on two different parts of my roof is no problem.

The other alternative (to a single inverter) is something called "integrated inverters". In such a system, each Solar Panel has it''s own mini inverter that separately convert each panel''s DC voltage and current to AC Voltage (used by your home and PG&E). The advantage of this second alternative is that if your roof is shaded in multiple areas, but some area are in full sun throughout the day, each panel will contribute to the total power generated by the System. This works better in some cases, especially when an entire array is never in full sun. The downside is that integrated inverter system is about +10% more expensive and does not offer the emergency bypass electrical strip.

The payoff: as the picture shows, our PG&E Meter runs backwards when our PV System is generating more than our home''s electrical consumption. You actually become a "power plant" for PG&E''s electrical grid. Once you have completed PG&E''s paperwork (including going on "time of use" rate plan and "net-metering" application) you are ready to effectively rack up "KW hour credits" when the sun is shining that you can use when it''s nigh-time or very cloudy. If you size your system correctly (Sunwork.org will help you determine what size system you need, based on your usage patterns and future demands (ie: electric vehicle)) you can literally bring your PG&E annual bill down to "tens of dollars" instead of something in excess of a thousand dollars per year, like our PG&E bill used to be.

My system''s installation was started on August 8 (Friday) at 8:30am and the system was operational the following day, August 9th (Saturday) at 4pm. Officially, you will go through a City Inspection and PG&E approval for "net metering" but Sunwork.org handles all of this for you.

Affordability:
PV Solar Systems are thought to be quite expensive, often taking 12 - 15 years to pay for itself.. so, most people pass on the opportunity to take the plunge. That was my case, too. Solar City quoted me $21,000 (yikes) back in 2010 and after a 30% Federal Tax Credit (Renewable Energy Credit) their system was still $14,000.. I concluded it would take me 14-15 years for such a system to be justified (since my PG&E electric bill averaged about $85/month or $1020 annually. Solar Companies today (like Solar City and Sungevity) resort to "leasing you a system" because it appears to be less costly (on a monthly basis). What they don''t tell you (at least, proactively) is that a lease often is much more expensive than a purchase. Most Solar leases are 20-25 years long for atleast $100 per month. Do the math: 25 years x $100 = $25,000 over the life of the lease.. Sure, a lease offers you peace of mind and "free repairs" if something wears out, but the fact is, in a 20 year period, the only thing that will need replacement is the $1400 inverter, which is warranted for 10 years. The other parts of the system (the PV panels) are warranted for 25 years. Bottom line: the best way to go is a purchase..

My purchased system from Sunwork.org (not leased) cost $9900 - 30% Federal Tax Credit (Renewable Energy Credit) for a net price of $6930.. making it possible to justify the initial cash outlay (in the form of savings) in only 6 1/2 to 7 years. After that, your electrical power is largely "free". Larger systems will, of course, cost a bit more, but you would be off-setting a larger PG&E electric bill and your savings would pay for themselves in roughly the same amount of time.

If you''d like to learn more or have additional questions, I encourage you to contact Mike at Sunwork.org (he''s the real expert ;-) Feel free to let Mike know that I referred you (no, I don''t work on commission ;-) but I''m sure Mike would be pleased to know that a fellow neighbor spoke highly of them).

Here is Sunwork.org contact information:

Mike Balma
SunWork Renewable Energy Projects
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits
477 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035
mike@sunwork.org
(650) 678-2213

Hope this is helpful info.

Thanks,
Marshall
748 Shasta Fir Drive

Reviewed: 09/17/2014

Great company to work with

Great company to work with

Worked with Reuben on this project. He did the initial home visit, design and installation of the solar

system. Their quote was very competitive compared to other installers. Very patient and friendly team of people. They also managed the city permit and inspection as well.

Reviewed: 08/28/2014

Great job and awesome support throughout the project

Great job and awesome support throughout the project

It was a fantastic experience working with Alex from SunWork. He was really professional and took care of

every single details. Providing the accurate quote and estimate, working on customizing the panel layout making sure that produce high energy as well as aesthetically pleasing, doing everything for the city inspection including finding a right address light and installing it. He went beyond what was required and helped with every step of the process and kept me in loop. I am highly satisfied with SunWork and would recommend it to everyone who wants to install Solar Panels.

Reviewed: 08/23/2014

Best People to Work With

Best People to Work With

Reuben and crew are the best people you can work with. Not only does he offer the best price BY FAR, he also

provides the best service. There was complication with my job, and I told Reuben to just cut open the wall and i will fix later, and he would not until he exhausted all other attempts, and was able to not cut open the wall. He also did a more expensive electrical job than others would have done because he felt it was important for it to look professional.

Finally I have a tile roof, and he did not even blink about it, as others would not do it, or wanted an outrageous overcharge.

You will not be sorry with his product or work.

Reviewed: 08/19/2014

Happy customer in Los Altos

Happy customer in Los Altos

Matt and Mike were very responsive to phone calls and emails. They were quick to respond to questions

throughout the sales cycle, installation, and afterward.

SunWork handled everything, end-to-end. Ours is a small system, taking just 1-day for installation, on schedule. Matt managed the installation, and was impressive in coaching volunteers onsite. He handled agency paperwork submissions, including city permits and permission to operate from PG&E.

We chose micro-inverters for our system, for technical and aesthetic reasons. So, there is no central inverter in the garage or outer walls. The end result is a neat and clean looking system, where nearly the only visible aspect is the nice solar array on the roof.

Inspection was quick and successful.

Reviewed: 08/09/2014

A very good company to work with

A very good company to work with

A friend recommended SunWork to us because they had very good experience with them. We chose them after

talking to a few companies. They had the best price and they seemed quite competent.
Our job was a bit more complicated as we needed to reroof the area that the panels would sit on and the two companies needed to coordinate. Matt from SunWork worked patiently and tirelessly to accommodate us. He worked very well with the roofing people. At every step we were informed of the various details and choices. All the inspections went well and on schedule. And the system is working great so far.

Reviewed: 08/06/2014

Awesome Sunwork 3.8kw in Santa Clara, CA

Awesome Sunwork 3.8kw in Santa Clara, CA

We helped "awesome Alex" and volunteer Chris install a 3800W solar system this weekend on our Santa Clara

house. Its easy to work hard on your own home especially with the great Silicon Valley Power rebate and nice Federal credit.
Thanks Alex. We enjoyed your knowledge, training, but personality most of all. : )
We''re very excited to have found Sunwork.org and to have become net-zero power user.
Mike & Carly

Reviewed: 08/03/2014

mikeraw
08/03/2014
I highly recommend the non-profit Sunwork.org and their mission of empowering lower energy users with solar energy system ownership. Their full-time employees and volunteers bring a great opportunity to help tackle our long-term energy problem without a hidden corporate profit agenda.

home Solar installation

home Solar installation

we started our home solar process around may 16 2014
and our solar system started operating from june

2014.In just about a month everything was completed.
the whole process was super smooth.
prompt replies ,site visit,submission to pge,
Installation and getting final approval everything was done as per our expectations.
since they work with volunteers their price is abot 30% lower than other companies
Mike Balma,Rueben Veek and Alex Fratar (who did installation) were very professional and very patient in answering any questions about the system.
Installation was fast and very neat.
I like to recomend thi team.

Reviewed: 07/25/2014

Home solar installation by Sunwork

Home solar installation by Sunwork

High Marks for Matt Thompson. He was the one-man army from Quote to permits to install. Very professional

and by far the most economical quote.

Couldn''t be happier. Highly recommended.

-Amarnath

Reviewed: 07/24/2014

Excellent Service and Great Staff

Excellent Service and Great Staff

Matt at Sunworks was amazing. Typically you have to program manage contractors to ensure the work is

completed and done right. This was NOT the case with Matt. He showed up on time, worked extremely hard in the summer heat, and completed the job before the deadline. In addition, he took the time to help me understand the technical aspects of the solar system. He was fantastic.

Reviewed: 07/03/2014

Sunwork is the best

Sunwork is the best

Likely the best installer in the Bay Area. Best price and excellent quality is guaranteed if you can afford

to be patient and wait a few months as they are a small team and super busy. No unnecessary sales pitch and trying to sell a lease. This is for people who want to own their system at the best price.

Reviewed: 06/27/2014

Palo Alto project

Palo Alto project

An outstanding experience.

Reviewed: 06/24/2014

Excellent Solar Roof Job!

Excellent

Excellent Solar Roof Job!

Sunwork.org Reuben and his fellows installed the solar system on my roof. It only took two weekend days. The

electrical work is done beautifully, the quality and workmanship of the whole project is excellent. Reuben is very knowdgeable, so as his co-worker. The whole process is seemless and easy to follow. The quotation process is also easy and clear. After the installation, they handled city inspection and PG&E interconnection application, and kept me well informed. Within two weeks of the installation, I am happily connected to the PG&E network. The cost is very competitive. I could not be more pleased by using Sunwork.org for our solar project! Go Sunwork.org!My advice is to sign up early.

Reviewed: 05/19/2014

...a well run project

...a well run project

The staff at SunWork are responsive from initial inquiry to final approval. They promptly answered all

questions. When the project was scheduled, they were on time. When done each day over the installation, everything was picked up and the site was clear.

Matt and crew did an outstanding job. The entire project was run professionally. The work was well coordinated and delivered as promised.

Honestly, I was a little apprehensive about the "volunteer" aspect of the work but the people who Matt directed were wonderful and did an great job - they really do care about what they do!

The SunWork Company made going solar even better! I would highly recommend them for your project.

Reviewed: 04/04/2014

Highly Recommended

Highly Recommended

I would highly recommend this service to others who would like basic solar installed at a very good

price.

Reviewed: 04/04/2014

Enthusiastic Recommendation

Enthusiastic Recommendation

Sunwork was recommended to us by a friend who had recently installed their solar system. I additionally

learned about Sunwork through a city of Palo Alto Utilities workshop that gave a great introduction to solar power. Sunwork provided knowledgeable support, courteous service, and an efficient installation. City of Palo Alto permits and rebate were completely managed by Sunwork. We/homeowner only needed to fill out forms, which were straightforward. One drawback was the 6 month lead time, which we were willing to accept to work with this reputable company who is in demand for their competitive price and professional services. I highly recommend Sunwork for Solar installations.

Reviewed: 03/30/2014

5,72 kW system in San Jose

5,72 kW system in San Jose

Good job by Matt Thompson in getting the system installed and passed by the City of San Jose, and driving

the interconnection work with PG&E. City was not easy to deal with, but that is normal with San Jose.

Recommend.

Reviewed: 03/25/2014

Sunwork ROCKS!! Great design, fast installation.

Excellent

Sunwork ROCKS!! Great design, fast installation.

I really believe in Sunwork''s mission, which is to utilize volunteers to help lower the cost of PV projects

and shorten the time to ROI. I attended a training with Sunwork before my own project that enabled me to help install my own project. Helping create my own PV project makes me more excited about it! Meanwhile the design includes EnPhase micro-inverters which makes it even better, because I know exactly how the system is performing all day. Thanks to Sunwork for the design, training, and letting me participate.

Reviewed: 03/19/2014

Fantastic experience!

Fantastic experience!

After years of looking into PV and not doing it because the payback period would be 20-30 years, I found

Sunwork through the California database of solar installations. With their unique business model and focus on making solar affordable to people who already are conservative energy users, I now have a great system that will pay itself off in ~6 years.

What I liked:
- Reuben and crew were very friendly, on time, and clearly explained what was happening
- Most of the crew were volunteers and were well-educated, clean, incredibly friendly, and had a passion for renewable energy
- Sunwork took care of all of the permitting, etc.
- Reuben and the Sunwork team were extremely responsive to emails
- Reuben''s meticulous attention to detail and aesthetics. The installation looked great!
- Pricing was very transparent. At the end of the project, I received a detailed invoice which listed everything (including every screw) and the amount of markup.

What could be improved:
- Communication prior to the install could be more pro-active, i.e. a couple of weeks before the installation, contact the customer and let them know the exact schedule, etc.

Overall, I was very happy with the experience, and I would recommend Sunwork without hesitation.

Reviewed: 02/06/2014

terrific workmanship and value

terrific workmanship and value

We''re thrilled with the work that SunWork did. The system works perfectly, the price came in on budget

(very slightly under the quote), and the inspections passed easily.

The only problem with SunWork is the wait: they have a long backlog of orders, and it can take months before they install your system.

Reviewed: 02/04/2014

Solar system at Parents Nursery School

Solar system at Parents Nursery School

Reuben and Mike are both very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Reuben and his team of volunteers did a

great job installing the solar system. They were professional, courteous, and kept to the schedule. I would highly recommend SunWork Renewable Energy Project - great mission, great work, and great people.

Reviewed: 02/02/2014

Great work!

Great work!

Reuben and the team did an excellent job on the 5.75kW installation at my home.

Reuben is very

experienced, friendly, and detail oriented. He and the whole team were very nice and professional, and explained every details of the work to me.

And the most important thing is their price is the most competitive!

Reviewed: 01/19/2014

Excellent work by Reuben for entire Solar Installation!!

Excellent

Excellent work by Reuben for entire Solar Installation!!

Reuben (director/installer) has installed the best possible way all my 24-REC panels could be installed

generating as much power as possible during the day! He got 14 south-facing (as much as the space allowed) and 10-west-facing such that none of them showed up on the front of the house as they aren’t the best looking things on the front of the house when you are trying to sell your home in the future! He also answered all my questions throughout the installation and got me a great price for entire system (at least 30% lower than larger companies were charging) that is large enough to help accommodate my future electric and/or hybrid car purchase! Moreover, Reuben listened to all my special requests like work to be mostly done during weekends (as my wife runs a home child daycare during weekdays)! He got me all the permits and made sure that only the professionals (e.g. my metal-tile-shaped roof required original installers to come out and install the standoffs) get to work on my property. I''d surely hire him again and therefore recommend him!!!!

Reviewed: 01/17/2014

Use them if you can

Use them if you can

Great people, great training project. IF you qualify this is certainly the way to go.

The

installation was problem free and once started was quick. Had to wait my turn to start, of course, but they gave me an accurate time estimate at the start.

Reviewed: 11/25/2013

Awesome guys and highly recommended

Awesome guys and highly recommended

Reuben is awesome to work with and he''s very patient and knowledgeable. Guess that what you would expect

from a Stanford grad! Him and his crew came on time to the installation and worked very hard to sundown for 3 straight days over the weekend. We were never bothered as we had our errands to do and I especially liked the fact that he showed us the work that was being done on the roof. You may want to opt out on this if you''re afraid of heights but I always like to see the actual work.

Great job guys!!

Reviewed: 10/31/2013

Fantastic Installation

Fantastic Installation

Reuben is pleasant, thoughtful, patient, thorough. I am amazed at the depth of his knowledge of every

aspect of solar panels, utilities, building codes, construction methods and much more. Our installation went super smooth.

Reviewed: 10/23/2013

LuckyBelly
10/23/2013
I also observed Sun Work installations at other homes and can verify the quality and care for other customers.

Solar install @ San Jose West - 6kW REC 250BLK Panel + Enphase

1 Enphase Envoy Communications Gateway

Reviewed: 10/14/2013

New Install in Walnut Creek, CA

New Install in Walnut Creek, CA

Reuben and Sunwork did a stellar job installing my 3.5kW system. Reuben and his team installed the whole

thing over a single weekend, working late into the night to get it done. They did a very clean and professional job laying out the panels and running the wiring into my garage. The solar system is laid out so nicely that that it actually makes my house look more visually attractive from the street!

The system has been running since June and is generating even more power than I expected, and the price for the components and install was much, much lower than the other 4 bids that I received. I couldn''t be happier!

Reviewed: 07/05/2013

Enphase Energy on Bowdoin Street

Enphase Energy on Bowdoin Street

Great work from start to finish!

Reviewed: 06/10/2013

Palo Alto home solar PV install

Good

Palo Alto home solar PV install

The Sunworks staff did an awesome job on our solar install. The quality of the equipment and install are

second to none and the best part - they took care of the arduous City of Palo Alto permitting, approvals and rebates! They also managed to hit a price point that enabled financial payback in the City of Palo Alto which has lower rates than the surrounding PG&E customers. My only minor criticism was they were not the most responsive to email and letting you know what was going on - probably cause they were on someone''s roof. I''m much happier we went with Sunworks that a couple of the big guys like Solar City who left us cold and unimpressed.

Reviewed: 05/27/2013

Click here for more details

Reuben was really fun and professional to work with. Great combo. Would absolutely use him again and have

recommended him to others.

Reviewed: 03/18/2013

Click here for more details

knowledgable supervisor and amazingly affordable

Reviewed: 03/04/2013

Click here for more details

Reuben was extremely careful and knowledgable and I couldn`t be more pleased with the design and

craftsmanship of the work. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Reuben and his team and SunWork.

Reviewed: 03/04/2013

Reviewed: 02/05/2013

Reviewed: 02/01/2013

Click here for more details

Start and completion of work were delayed by the storms we had and the difficulty in scheduling the

inspection of the work at various stages by the City.
Corrections were required by the City since the natural gas line had to be relocated due to its original proximity to the power panel. When the gas line had to be relocated, several line connections were loosened and it required time to locate and resolve the line leaks so it would hold a 15 psi pressure indefinitely.

Reviewed: 01/24/2013

Click here for more details

We had the best experience recommended Reuben to friends.. they did too

Reviewed: 01/24/2013

Click here for more details

I would highly recommend Sunwork for any solar PV work. They had exceptional workmanship, were very careful

during the installation, and left the work areas spotless. Rueben was extremely knowledgeable and helpful during the entire design and installation process. The only reason why their job completion was delayed by a couple of days was due to the inverter not being delivered to them by the distributor on time, and they kept me informed about it immediately.
They made the entire process painless. They emailed me all the forms that I had to sign (pre-filled out!), and arranged for all the required inspections.

Reviewed: 01/20/2013

Reviewed: 01/20/2013

Click here for more details

Reuben provided a very good quote and explained all the options without pressuring me. Reuben was readily

available to answer my questions after the quote. He and the volunteers were very professional and thorough and they did a great job. I would highly recommend Reuben and SunWork Renewable Energy Projects.

Reviewed: 11/16/2012

Click here for more details

I`m extremely satisfied with the price, service, and performance of SUNWORK RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS.

. Five stars and highly recommended company.

Reviewed: 11/06/2012

Click here for more details

Awesome work. Reuben rocks!

Reviewed: 10/22/2012

Click here for more details

Reuben Veek is awesome. I bidded out the same system for three companies and Reuben came 30-40% lower than

the lowest company. He completed the work ahead of schedule and even discounted me at the end. I am recommending him to everyone I know.
Reuben is as legit as you can get for a contractor. He`ll take the time to explain everything to you. He`s not a salesman so he won`t tell you any bull like other solar companies.

Reviewed: 07/08/2012

Click here for more details

Reuben`s professionalism and work ethic are beyond reproach. Not only was he more than willing to answer any

of my questions (as silly as they may have been) but he was available and provided the needed guidance throughout the project. Reuben engenders trust and made our entire experience as easy as possible. I have already recommended him to my neighbors and friends and will continue to do so.
Final Utility inspection is not yet complete

Reviewed: 05/25/2012

Click here for more details

I appreciate Rueben`s mild manner and no pressure talk when he came to give us our estimate. He is extremely

knowledgeable about solar panels and solar technology. He is a patient expert who knows how to train and work with the volunteers. We are completely satisfied with their work and the pricing allowed our modest means to afford solar energy for our environmentally conscientous family - in fact, that is the mission of Sunworks Renewable.

Reviewed: 05/15/2012

Click here for more details

Rueben is an excellent guy - professional, courteous, helpful and knows his stuff.
Added to that the

city building inspector passed our inspection in less than 5 minutes!
Everything perfect and to the spec!

I strongly recommend Sunwork to anyone who is considering to go Solar!
Overall a great experience working with Sunwork.

Reviewed: 03/25/2012

Click here for more details

After carefully evaluating several solar bids, the obvious choice for us was to select SunWork Renewable

Energy Projects to install a solar system on our Willow Glen home. Completed in January 2012, SunWork installed a 12-module (2.880 kW DC) system with great care. I highly recommend them as their experience, technical proficiency and customer service are top-notch. It also didn’t hurt that their cost was the lowest I could find.

Reviewed: 03/04/2012

Click here for more details

Reuben veek is an extremely. Professional

Reviewed: 12/17/2011

Click here for more details

This was an upgrade to an existing system. We are very happy with Reuben`s work and the install team that

helped him. The output of our new/improved system is great and we are very pleased. Reuben also installed a monitering system for our PV plant- which we love.

Reviewed: 12/04/2011

Click here for more details

There was no need for any changes and hence I had no experience with Reuben`s willingness to make

corrections. Training on the use and maintenance will happen at a time of my choice- I am waiting for PG&E to inspect, change the meter and allow us to feed into the grid.

In all of my years working with contractors on jobs big and small, I have never seen the level of proficiency and professionalism that I saw with Reuben and Sunwork. He was forthcoming with any details I asked for, clearly laid out my options and helped me make my own decisions without any pressure. He always showed up on time and cleaned up wherever he had worked. The installation of the panels, the wiring and the inverter look like art work - that`s how much Reuben puts into his work.

Reuben gets my vote as the best contractor I have worked with. I have and will continue to recommend him highly.

Reviewed: 11/16/2011

Click here for more details

Reuben was very helpful and knowledgeable during the whole project from start to completion. I would

definitely recommend him.
Regarding the payment, I was charged the Net amount deducting the utility rebate which was to be received by the contractor/installer. This is nice gesture on his part. He took care of the city permit and arranged for the inspections, was always available to answer any questions or doubts I had.

Reviewed: 10/18/2011

Click here for more details

It was nice to see how well Reuben was training the volunteers. All workers were very neat and didn`t leave

even a speck of dust after doing all that work! I am extremely happy.

Reviewed: 09/12/2011

Click here for more details

Sunwork was fantastic to work with. We highly recommend them for anyone interested in a solar-electric

system. We worked with Reuben Veek, who clearly loves doing what he does. Reuben had a great attention to detail throughout the project and explained everything to us clearly and concisely.
Also, there was no high pressure sales pitch which we had experienced with another solar company.

Reviewed: 07/10/2011

Click here for more details

Reuben at SunWork is excellent. I would highly recommend him. It has been a pleasure to work with him.

Reviewed: 06/05/2011

Click here for more details

It was great to work with Reuben Veek. The permitting process was a bit arduous abut he persevered and

encouraged me and worked hard to make the project happen at the most affordable price without sacrificing quality. I am very grateful.

Reviewed: 04/29/2011

Click here for more details

SunWork was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended.
It would have been better to be charged the net

amount (and have the rebates go to the contractor) rather than the full amount, due to the slight tax savings. But it`s my understanding that SunWork`s financial condition was too tight to facilitate this.

Reviewed: 11/23/2010

Type: other

Reviewed: 10/18/2010

Reviewed: 09/07/2010

Reviewed: 08/20/2010

Click here for more details

It is great! The price kept me from having it done years ago. Now I plan additional units as water heaters

age.

Reviewed: 07/12/2010

Reuben Veek was great.

Reviewed: 05/18/2010

Click here for more details

This whole process exceeded my expectations! Minor work to reduce shadowing was done at the end, eg. moved

phone wires, sawed off part of a vent pipe. My job was selected for audit by PG&E CSI and the contractor came out to meet the auditor to ensure that any questions could be answered.
I didn`t have to do anything, but everything was fully explained to me so I understood all my options and what was going on.

Reviewed: 03/24/2010

Click here for more details

it was good to work with the volunteers and Reuben.
Reuben did more than was expected in managing the

relationship with PGE.

Reviewed: 08/21/2009

Service Areas:

California

Back to list

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.