POWERHOME SOLAR, headquartered in North Carolina, is one of the leading residential providers of solar energy across the nation. After launching the company in 2014, POWERHOME SOLAR has grown to more than 1,000 employees across the 10 markets that POWERHOME is involved in, which include Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia with plans to open in more markets this year.
In 2019, POWERHOME SOLAR's revenue grew 80% year-over-year to nearly $200 million. The growth of the company can be attributed to its passionate and aggressive management team and our desire to make a difference in lives of our customers by giving them affordable access to clean, renewable solar energy. POWERHOME has 20,000 customers, and it has installed over 350,000 solar panels, helping customers to reduce their dependence on the power grid. POWERHOME SOLAR has achieved this growth in some markets not prominently known for high solar utilization, proving the appetite for renewable energy is strong and financially appealing in a variety of markets.
POWERHOME SOLAR is one of the few companies in the industry that designs, permits, finances, sells and installs solar energy systems for residential and commercial clients. POWERHOME also sells, designs and installs roof applications for both sectors.
POWERHOME SOLAR has formed partnerships with six professional sports franchises, including the Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers. It has a seventh partnership with NC State Athletics. The partnerships help each entity reduce dependence on grid energy and decrease their carbon footprints. They also help raise consumer awareness about the features and benefits of solar energy, creating a ripple effect for potential customers throughout the country.
POWERHOME has built partnerships with brands beyond sports. In April 2020, it partnered with Generac, a 2019 Fortune 1000 company, to offer customers its battery storage and generator products. Additionally, POWERHOME is appearing on the Lifetime TV series Military Makeover in 2020, as it donated and installed a solar energy system for a veteran in suburban Atlanta. POWERHOME was also on the show in 2018, when it helped another veteran in suburban Kansas City, Missouri.
The rallying slogan for POWERHOME SOLAR is Building A Movement, or BAM, as it grows one solar panel, one customer, and one employee at a time. Our employees understand the value and importance of what they offer customers, making their purpose clear and the company culture strong.
POWERHOME SOLAR accolades include:
- CEO Jayson Waller named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 Southeast Award winner
- Ranked No. 100 on the 2019 Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in America
- Winner of 11 Stevie Awards in 2020 (four gold, including Energy Company of the Year and Entrepreneur of the Year).
- Winner of 9 international Globee Awards in 2019 (six gold, including USA Company of the Year)
- Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2020
- Ranked No. 6 in nation among residential rooftop solar installers by Solar Power World
- Over 175,000 followers on Facebook and Instagram with an average rating of 4.4/4.7 (out of 5) on Facebook, Google and Glassdoor
- A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau in every market we serve
- Named Emerging Business of the Year (2018) by the Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council
Office location: Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Cody and his crew did a fantastic job with everything. I highly recommend his crew to anyone
The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal, financial or electrical engineering advice. Reviews on this site do not reflect the views or opinions of SolarReviews or its directors or shareholders, nor an endorsement of any third party company. We make no representation as to the accuracy of the information entered by third parties. We disclaim any liability for any damages or loss arising from your use thereof.