Positive Energy Solar

Rating:

Based on 247 Reviews

Pre-Screened Solar Pro

Company Description:

Positive Energy Solar is the industry leader in residential and commercial solar integration. We bring over 60 years of combined solar expertise to assist each customer in realizing their renewable energy goals.

When you choose Positive Energy Solar, you get qualified solar professionals with a proven track record and delivering services to meet your needs.

With more than 1000 solar installations in New Mexico and 100% customer satisfaction, you are assured that your solar system will be safe, reliable and provide maximum value.

Services:

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

247 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

Positive Energy has a Outstanding Team

Positive Energy has a Outstanding Team

Positive Energy makes the decision to go solar easy. We were able to sit down with Taylor Selby, who we

knew from our community, in our home and look at variables and the best system for our needs. No big sales pitch; just the facts. Then once you sign on the dotted line you are introduced to a finely-tuned team at Positive Energy where each person has your needs and concerns at heart. Each person on the team has a niche and gets in meets you explains what they are going to do and does it in a professional manner. So a couple of guys came into the house to work on our electric panel and in ordinary conversation I determined that they are very knowledgable about the product and the work they are doing. They are all very friendly and like the company they are working for. This is a rare commodity in today''s world in-and-of-itself; but they actually believe that installing solar systems will help to save the world. So it was a very Positive experience to have them in our home!

Reviewed: 01/30/2016

Antmicrey

, NM

They truly care about customer service.

Good

They truly care about customer service.

Personally, I experienced a few hiccups such as a lack of communication but once I complained. The manager

and even people from corporate take all complaints very seriously. They are highly involved in the day-to-day operations. That is very refreshing. The installers and everyone were extremely polite.

Reviewed: 01/24/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for being willing to work with us through our scheduling and communication issues. We are glad that you ended up with a good customer experience. Enjoy the Sun!!

Amazing Service

Amazing Service

Used PSE based on a friend''s referral who used their services and I couldn''t be happier. The price was

better than anything else around but the staff were the most amazing part of the this experience. The process was flawless and they helped us from beginning to end with intimate knowledge of cost/government rebates, finance options, our housing association variances/permits, representation at meetings, schematics, paperwork, etc.
We couldn''t be happier with everything this company represents and I have referred friends to them whenever possible!

Reviewed: 01/21/2016

Quality Organization

Quality Organization

We have been very pleased with Positive Energy Solar on all aspects of the purchase, design and installation

of solar for our home. Most of all the people really cared what we wanted and needed. Extremely impressed!

Reviewed: 12/18/2015

Great company and great equipment

Great company and great equipment

Right-sized our system so that we have had zero electricity bills, selling a small amount back to the

electric company.

Reviewed: 12/17/2015

kgf

Highly Recommend

Highly Recommend

We had a wonderful experience working with Positive Energy Solar from the initial meeting to the

installation. Everything was clearly explained, and we had excellent communication with the whole team throughout the process. They did very professional work, and got it done ahead of schedule. We really appreciated the way that they coordinated with our roofers to install the stand-offs for the solar panels during the brief window after our old roof was torn off and our new roof was about to go on -- these guys are great!

Reviewed: 12/04/2015

Top Notch Operation

Top Notch Operation

Positive Energy did a great job from start to finish. Any small issues we had were quickly addressed and

the system went in as planned. Really a good experience all the way around. Would highly recommend them.

Reviewed: 11/30/2015

Excellent Installation

Excellent Installation

Positive Energy Solar provided excellent service from start to finish. Sean Torres was more thorough in his

initial assessment of the system than the rep from another company, and, unlike the other rep, he did not press for a decision. The design visit was also very thorough. We knew just what we would be getting and how it would be installed. Throughout the planning and execution of the project we felt well informed, and everyone who worked on the project was friendly and eager to answer questions. Sean was also most helpful in guiding us through the paper work to have the system approved and to apply for the tax rebate. We recommend Positive Energy Solar without any reservations.

Reviewed: 11/04/2015

In the Land of Sunshine

In the Land of Sunshine

We are glad to have the opportunity to do this review. As our ratings indicate, we are fully satisfied with

everything done by Positive Energy Solar. The company has developed a reputation in our area for excellence indicated by more awards and local recognition than others. It is a very well organized business with a clear, customer-centric culture and well designed process steps. We only had to be involved minimally when truly needed for decisions and paperwork. The technical design, economic justification and beyond that the good we feel as we watch our meter run energy back into the grid are the rewards.

Reviewed: 10/28/2015

Excellent Work

Excellent Work

All went as advertised and installation of system was completed in one working day. Crew was considerate,

efficient, and clean. We would highly recommend Positive Energy Solar in Santa Fe, NM.

Reviewed: 10/07/2015

Nice to have solar again

Nice to have solar again

Soon after having solar power installed on our home in Tucson we had to move to Las Cruces. The home we

bought here did not have solar power but does now.

As far as Positive Energy Solar is concerned and the process of having solar installed on our home, I cannot think of anything which could have been done better.

Reviewed: 09/22/2015

Milky

, NM

Great Work

Great Work

Excellent experience from the first bid to the final installation.

Reviewed: 09/19/2015

Seamless and Easy installation

Seamless and Easy installation

From the very first meeting to sit down with Taylor Selby to discuss costs to the final meeting with project

manager (Thomas Gray) it ran smoothly. We didn''t have to do a thing (except get the bank loans which was quite easy).

They took care of all the permits. They installed everything without us have to be onsite (except)t for when they needed to access the electrical box). Incredibly nice people and easy to work with - very professional. Everything was done on time and on schedule. And after everything was installed they came out and showed us how the system worked and how to get the state rebate and what form we needed to submit for our 2015 taxes. Always there to answer any question we might have had.

When the PNM person came out to read the meter he said that Positive Energy Solar was the best solar company around. He spoke of other companies and how they had completed jobs that were not up to code or just plain sloppy.

Reviewed: 09/11/2015

Bain Review

Bain Review

Unwavering professional and courteous service throughout the planning, design, permitting, construction, and

final inspection process.

Reviewed: 09/03/2015

Positive energy solar - fantastic service and product

Positive energy solar - fantastic service and product

positive Energy Solar does what few companies do - over performs - they are professional, on time and

extremely competent. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed: 09/03/2015

2 Puerto Rd

2 Puerto Rd

The installers were terrific. They really were knowledgeable, and knew what they were doing. The sales, as

well, were keenly interested, engaged, and knowledgeable. If you decide to go solar, go with this outfit!

Reviewed: 09/02/2015

Solar Panels

Solar Panels

Positive Energy Solar is the best. They got on the roof, took pictures, explained everything, all before

the quote. We felt like we knew what we were getting. The installation crew did a good job. They were on time, professional and and pleasant. Even the dogs liked them. Our electric bills are substantially lower. We would completely recommend Positive Energy.

Reviewed: 08/31/2015

Positively positive!

Positively positive!

Positive Energy did a great job for us! From start to finish they were professional, courteous, responsible

and timely. They provide an excellent product and excellent workmanship. Our system is up and running perfectly,

Reviewed: 08/21/2015

Another Satisfied Solar Home owner

Another Satisfied Solar Home owner

PositiveEnergy, Inc. staff were all gracious, helpful, reliable and persistent in getting my system up and

running despite numerous hurdles to over come, both engineering, ECIA, time and money obstacles.

Reviewed: 08/21/2015

Great Job!!!!

Great Job!!!!

Positive Energy Solar is...efficient...responsible...clear...thorough...clean...easy to work

with...responsive to everything...great people...they know what they are doing...

They do a great job...the people are great...and I would recommend them to anyone to do your solar panels!!!!

Thanks Positive Energy Solar!!!

Reviewed: 08/14/2015

Highly Recommended

Highly Recommended

We shopped with three installers and at every turn PES offered us the best product, the best information and

the best counsel on which system and installation would provide for our solar needs. From the beginning through the end we were in good hands; sales, project manager and installation crew were courteous, professional and pleasantly humorous. We were also VERY impressed by the number of women employed at all levels within the company. That told us a great deal about their ethics and work practices. It feels good to use the sun for our power needs and it was great to have PES make that possible.

Reviewed: 08/10/2015

Positive Energy Solar Positively Shines

Positive Energy Solar Positively Shines

Positive Energy Solar performed our installation ahead of schedule and with no hiccups. They said they would

foster the entire process including interaction with our public utility and tax incentive preparations, and they did just that with thoroughness and clarity. The installation crew is outstanding, communicative, neat, problem solving and energetic. We could not be more pleased.

Reviewed: 07/29/2015

Matt505

Albuquerque, NM

Great experience from start to finish!

Excellent

Great experience from start to finish!

I am very satisfied with my Positive Energy Solar experience. From the initial quote to the final step, the

staff was extremely helpful and professional. My sales advisor, Sean Torres remained in contact with me through the whole process and kept me updated on its progress, which I appreciate. It is clear that Positive Energy values maintaining good relationships with their clients.

Reviewed: 07/06/2015

Positive Energy Solar Review

Positive Energy Solar Review

None.

Reviewed: 06/23/2015

Everything and MORE than I expected from any company!

Excellent

Everything and MORE than I expected from any company!

From start to finish... design, working through the necessary governmental challenges, installation... I

could not have been more pleased with everyone at this company... from the crew that poured the concrete footings to the final hookup, everything was done in the MOST professional way. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Reviewed: 05/12/2015

Solar Installation

Solar Installation

I would highly recommend Positive Energy Solar for their professional work, friendly workers and total

competence. They were unfailingly polite and easy to have around during the installation. A pleasure.

Reviewed: 05/07/2015

Low bid not best!

Low bid not best!

I accepted a lowest bid proposal from a different local company, but just before installation the company''s

engineers realized that adding new panels to my existing inverter, as their salesman had proposed, was not feasible.
The salesman then made other (non-workable) suggestions, at which point I turned to Positive Energy, whose original proposal was the only technically correct one, requiring a second inverter (explaining their higher bid!).
After experiencing a many month delay dealing with the low bidder, Positive Energy got to work promptly. Their expertise in dealing with the local HOA Architectural Committee, the grid operator, and sate regulators was most impressive, as was the competence of the installation crew.
Now both my home and electric car are run solely on solar! I couldn''t be more pleased with the outcome. Second choice turned out by far to be best!

Reviewed: 03/26/2015

Love my installation

Love my installation

The PSE people were great from start to finish. Every one of them was knowledgeable, courteous, and

proficient at their jobs. The install crew was great. The roofer they brought to fix the area where the panels were going got high marks from the maintenance guys in our condo complex. It was a joy working with all of them.

Reviewed: 03/06/2015

Positive experience

Positive experience

P E was a pleasure to work with. They beat the completion date promised. Their work was professionally

done, and I could not be more pleased with the system.

Reviewed: 02/11/2015

Pruett Girdner Eldorado Installation

Pruett Girdner Eldorado Installation

It was a joy to work with Positive Energy from beginning to end. They thoroughly analyzed our need and

designed our system to meet it, explaining all components, costs, and approval/installation process. Their Project Manager attended and led us through meetings for approval from our Homeowners Association (no small task!). The installation crew was extremely respectful of our home and property, did an excellent job leaving everything clean and orderly, and shared a lot of information and explanations as they put the system together. The costs and estimates were 100% accurate. At the final inspection, staff carefully led us through the process of applying for state and federal tax credits, leaving us with a step-by-step checklist to follow and a manual for our system. We really could not have asked for more! We enthusiastically recommend using this company.

Reviewed: 01/29/2015

Fabulous Santa Fe Solar Energy Company

Fabulous Santa Fe Solar Energy Company

From the beginning to the end result Positive Energy Solar delivered a wonderful experience and a great

product.

Taylor gave an incredibly inspiring, informative introduction which inspired me to continue. The crew, starting with Hug and Erin and Tom who designed the project; to the truly hard working and delightful crew: Gary, Eden, Wes and Scott, really gave me confidence and belief that I was in on a very special adventure.
The end explanation of the system and the information for my future with Solar Energy gave me the confidence that I have in knowing that anything I need to know if the future will be provided by a simple phone call to Positive Energy Solar! YAY! Thank You!!!

MEC

Positive Solar Terrific!

Positive Solar Terrific!

PS installed our system in Dec 2010: they did an efficient, responsive job installing and have been equally

responsive ever since: the few glitches we''ve had have to do with our weak wifi reception and some screwups from PNM. Positive Solar responded quickly, fixed the problems they could fix, and helped us find a resolution with PNM. Love these guys!

Great Experience, Painless Process

Great Experience, Painless Process

Positive Energy was great to work with!

All of the options were explained to me and the process

was clear and straightforward.

We had a concerned neighbor, but Positive Energy said that customer relations extended to our neighbors as well.. they took care of the process, moved some things around from the original design and appeased the neighbor and my HOA. I didn''t even have to get involved!

Reviewed: 01/15/2015

Positive Energy Solar is great!

Excellent

Positive Energy Solar is great!

Everyone I worked with was conscientious, curteous, and informative. They did the work when they said they

would, were on time, and thorough. And... they made a donation to my favorite local energy non-profit! Positive Solar was great to work with.

Reviewed: 01/06/2015

You can't go wrong with PSE

You can't go wrong with PSE

The crew at Positive Solar Energy is smart, efficient, and responsive to your needs. Highly

recommended.

Reviewed: 12/12/2014

Solar Experience

Solar Experience

All Positive Energy employees were very polite and very competent. The entire installation process from

sales to project completion was outstanding. I highly recommend this company for any solar projects.

Reviewed: 11/28/2014

Solar Panel Installation (October 2014)

Excellent

Solar Panel Installation (October 2014)

The overall Positive Energy design, paperwork, and installation processes were seamless. The Positive Energy

team actually listened to our needs and wants.

The Positive Energy installation team worked as a team and were very creative in problem solving. The Team''s work was neat and had no problem in passing all the regulatory and local association reviews.

The Positive Energy response time to questions that we had was almost immediate.

We made the right choice with Positive Energy for our installation.

Reviewed: 11/08/2014

Completely satisfied!

Completely satisfied!

You know how the burger in the commercial always looks way better than the burger you actually get at the

drive through? Well the service and overall experience I received from Positive was even better than promised! The job happened in the timeframe promised. The panels are barely visible on my roof. I''ve had no PNM bill since the month after the system was commissioned. All my friends think I''m cool and want in on solar. The Positive Energy experience was better than I hoped! Imagine if the burger was actually better than it looked on the commercial. That never happens right? It did this time.

Reviewed: 10/02/2014

Great Job!

Positive Energy did an excellent job installing our system and walking us through how it operates. It was a

great day when they turned it on and the electric meter started going backwards!

Reviewed: 09/17/2014

Absolutely the best!

Absolutely the best!

Positive Energy Solar rocks. The staff is knowledgeable and professional as well as being friendly and

enthusiastic about their product. They show up when they say they will show up and they always get right back to you if you have a question. They organize and explain everything to you so that getting your tax credit is straightforward. They also handle all the details with the electric company - everything went seamlessly and we just got our first check from the electric company, woo hoo! We highly recommend Positive Energy.

Reviewed: 08/16/2014

The Sun is Free

The Sun is Free

I had a great experience working with Positive Energy from sales through install to showing me how it all

works. I had familiarity with PV before this purchase but their staff filled me on an every detail I needed to know. The installation went very smoothly and their follow up with the paperwork necessary to file for the tax credit was excellent.

Reviewed: 08/08/2014

JMLacct
08/08/2014
In my view solar really is part of the solution to today's energy needs. The sun is free and will shine whether you have PV on your roof or not. Why not take advantage of a free energy source?

Home use

Home use

Positive Solar was professional in every way. There communication was superb, there technical understanding

was great, their salesmanship was very good. I like the way they explained how it all works; the mechanical, part, the systems part, the financial part. Excellent service provided.

Reviewed: 06/30/2014

General Sage Installation

General Sage Installation

The installation went smoothly, on-time, and on-budget. All phases of the project, information provided,

contract negotiations, communications with company officials, and actual installation were conducted in a professional and friendly fashion.

Reviewed: 06/29/2014

Solar power installation project

Solar power installation project

We really enjoyed our experience with positive energy.The crew and technicians were all very

professional,helpful and attentive to our questions. They left their work site in pristine condition. The work was clean and very pleasing to look at. Our neighbors [the fussy ones ;-}] were very impressed as to the quality, workmanship and professionalism. If you ever want to come by and take a look? Contact Thomas Selby (project manager) and set up a visit. That''s what we did....we are very happy....

Reviewed: 06/29/2014

Recent Santa Fe Solar Project

Recent Santa Fe Solar Project

Excellent experience from sale through installation and going on-line. Could not have been any

better.

Reviewed: 06/23/2014

Eight Months Later

Eight Months Later

Our system has been installed and running for about eight months now. We are very happy to say that its

performance is right on track! Not only are we not paying an electric bill, we''re getting money back from our utility company :-) Positive Energy Solar continues to be a resource for questions and assistance, especially when tax season came around and we needed to figure out the paperwork for the solar credits. These guys are doing very good work!

Reviewed: 06/06/2014

Positive Solar Energy

Positive Solar Energy

The system was just installed, and activated the first week of January. With a large electrically heated

home, a pool, spa, and steam room with several out buildings - the system was our answer to very high energy bills.
We have very high expectations of the system in the upcoming first year....

Reviewed: 05/28/2014

residential electric

residential electric

We love our solar electric system for our home. Positive Energy did a great job.

Reviewed: 05/22/2014

Energy producing awings

Energy producing awings

I had the problem of a room overheating with sun pouring in from the south & west windows. Solution: install

solar panels as awnings over the windows. Now I have shade for the inside of the house and am generating energy from all the sun! Great solution. These five panels were added to my existing 16 panels on the roof. This is my second Positive Energy project and I can not be happier with the results.

Reviewed: 05/21/2014

Thoroughly professional

Thoroughly professional

Every aspect of the engineering and installation of the residential system was thoroughly professional and

smooth. Positive Energy provided all the paperwork to facilitate the tax credits. Positive Energy sets the standard for quality.

Reviewed: 05/20/2014

TH

Customer Support

Customer Support

Positive Energy has a good customer mindset. We have a very distant northern New Mexico house and Positive

Energy has provided us with an ongoing support mechanism and has not forgotten the far flung customers.

We have been solar for 9 years now.

T&K

Reviewed: 04/28/2014

TH
04/28/2014
Great job of getting it done. I am almost maintenance free and correctly sized. TH

Here comes the Sun!!

Here comes the Sun!!

Retired now in Santa Fe but, when contracting in the seventies, we did the first two solar houses in the

Hudson Valley, New York State. I was very favorably impressed by PE''s professionalism in working out the economics and design stage. When the crews showed up to install it only took me 5 minutes to determine that I was about to get the services of very skilled people. The work was top notch, the customer relations excellent and the entire project has been a pleasure. Total recommendations.

Reviewed: 04/27/2014

Installed 10 KW system

Installed 10 KW system

Excellent customer relations. Worked with me every step of the way in a friendly, personal fashion. They

fully understand the technical, the political and the financial. System not only works great but is aesthetically pleasing. I couldn''t be hapier.

Reviewed: 03/26/2014

rubink

Santa Fe, NM

Really Good Experience

Good

Really Good Experience

Reviewed: 03/15/2014

Facilities/Property Manager at Private Estate

Facilities/Property Manager at Private Estate

Over the course over several years I brought Positive Energy in to do the photovoltaic installation on 3

separate places: two estates that I managed, and ultimately, my own home.

In each of these three instances, the Positive Energy personnel performed in a professional, friendly, and competent manner. I was impressed with their work ethic and drive. Positive Energy even held themselves accountable for the work done by their subcontractors--such as roofers--which is an important factor to me.

On one of the jobs, when asked to fit the entire photovoltaic installation into a tight timeframe, Positive Energy accommodated our request by bringing in extra crewmembers and working 10-12 hour days 6 days per week. They were very hard working and timely, and were easy to get along with.

Positive Energy has always showed dedication and professionalism. It is for this reason that I brought them in each time, even after soliciting bids from several competitors.

In the end, Positive Energy''s accountability, work ethic, professionalism and dedication prompted me to go on and recommend them to several friends and acquaintances--I know these friends and acquaintances will be completely satisfied with Positive Energy, from start to finish.

Reviewed: 03/11/2014

DG

Completely recommended and professional

Completely recommended and professional

Can''t say enough good things about the professionalism and quality of my Positive Energy Solar panels (I

have 30). They''ve been running for over 1 year with 0 maintenance required -- they just work every day as expected. I chose PE because of the real professionals with experience they have working for them -- all the way through the sales, design, and install -- way better than the competing companies I reviewed. They even helped during the the permit/ approval process with the state, county, and Home Owner''s Association, a process which can normally be a pain, they helped me every step of they way doing all the paperwork and filing for me. Their install was timely and top quality installers and electricians. Quick install and all quality parts. You are seriously cutting corners if you choose another, lesser, solar company.

Reviewed: 03/02/2014

Meeting our (very) high expectations on all counts

Meeting our (very) high expectations on all counts

My contractor husband and myself decided to go with this company because of great recommendations and very

well educated sales and support staff. When the job became complicated due to our slightly funky roof structure, the installation crew worked extra hard to make my perfectionist husband happy. Also, important to me, my many garden beds around the house were preserved without any damage from the process. And these high performance panels are cranking out the electricity through the low light months. I can''t wait to see what we will produce spring, summer, and fall!

Reviewed: 02/28/2014

Super Solar company

Super Solar company

Positive Energy was absolutely great to work with -- answered any and all questions we had. I always felt I

could call or email with any questions or information I needed. They took care of all the paperwork and walked me through the parts that I needed to handle. I was worried that it might be a complicated project, but Positive Energy made it very easy.

The little house that could

The little house that could

Very friendly, cordial, and professional.
From presentation with my residence''s usage comparing how I

could save with solar to the final manual containing everything including photos, schematics, permits, etc. The whole nine-yards. So wonderful.
Quite pleased and satisfied with my system. Love to watch the electric meter turn backwards during the day. Was surprised to know my house (11500 sq. ft.)could benefit so much from solar.
Great feeling being part of a bigger picture, too. Helping PNM, the environment and my pocket.

ZakaK
02/27/2014
Yes! Already have and can't stop telling people.

KB

Positive Energy Solar Is Impressive in All Respects

Positive Energy Solar Is Impressive in All Respects

Positive Energy Solar is impressive in all respects and goes way beyond normal in service and performance

than any business I have dealt with. My system is in on time, on budget and performs beautifully. All staff from Positive Energy Solar were bright, cheerful and expert at what they were doing. What a pleasure!
And, you should have seen the smile on my face upon receiving my first electric bill after installation.

Tom Gorman

Tom Gorman

The entire process of working with Positive Energy Solar has been a great experience. I have been totally

pleased with all aspects of our relationship. The system I have has been better than I had expected, and the few occasions I requested either information or assistance,the response was excellent. Taylor Selby has been very helpful from our initial contact to the present, and has worked with me every step of the way.

Reviewed: 02/26/2014

Totally Professional

Totally Professional

Throughout the process of deciding, choosing the system and having the skilled technicians install the

system my wife and I were totally impressed and felt a lot of positive energy from the whole Positive Energy team. I have already recommended this fine New Mexico company to friends and will continue to do so.

Couldn't be happier!

We couldn''t be happier with Positive Energy Solar and our solar panels! When considering installing solar

panels, we met with several companies to get bids. The folks at Positive were by FAR the most knowledgeable, thorough and professional. Our panels were installed ahead of schedule, without a hitch. The Positive team helped us through the tax credit process too! After tax credits, our loan amount is about what our monthly electric bill would have been.

Fantastic service!

Fantastic service!

I was extremely happy with the service we got from Positive Energy. All of the technicians were extremely

knowledgable and answered all of our questions. The work was completed in the timeframe set out, and we''re getting about $50/month back from the electric company!

The Best

The Best

Positive Energy has no competition in Southern New Mexico. I have been involved in three different projects

with them -from residential to commercial building - and there work is the best. Mark Westbrock is careful about what he commits to; but meticulous about accomplishing what he said he would do. They are the best.

Fantastic !

Fantastic !

We weren''t actually looking for a solar unit for our home. My friend called me and was so excited about

her new solar unit that I said to my husband that we should call Positive Energy Solar and see what they have to say. Thomas Butcher came over to meet with us. After he finished telling us about the product, including the tax benefits, how the product is made and outstanding warranties, we realized that it was a win-win situation for us. We also had to have some roofing work done before the panels could be installed and other than a few glitches in getting approval from their new credit union, we were on our way. The installation team arrived on time every day, and would let me know the progress that they made when they were leaving. Thomas and the project manager, Shem, were always checking in to check progress of the installation. I felt very secure that things were going well. Finally, our project was finished, all inspections were passed, and we just got our first electrical bill for $00.00 with $11.00 owed to us by PNM (and it wasn''t even for a full month). I cannot say enough about the customer service. All calls and questions were answered promptly and I never felt that pressure to buy their product. If I could give them a 12 star rating, I would.

Type: Other

Roof installation in Santa Fe

Roof installation in Santa Fe

We had a 10kW system installed and the project was executed flawlessly and in a timely and professional

manor. By now the system is producing the promised amount and we feel that we got everything that was promised and presented by a very knowledgeable sales and installation crew.

davidrich

Jacona, NM

16kW Ground Mount Solar Panel System in Pojoaque (Jacona)

Excellent

16kW Ground Mount Solar Panel System in Pojoaque (Jacona)

After we got a proposal from another company, we had Taylor Selby come out and give us his pitch. Unlike the

other company, he came with equipment that allowed him to get a solar/shade profile of our property to help locate the best possible place for an installation. The other company proposed a rooftop system but it turns out that given the shade profile that system was only going to provide a fraction of the power the system that Taylor and company came up with. These people were amazing to work with from start to finish. We got to know the install crew pretty well since they were onsite when the said they would be and worked extremely hard to get the system up and running. They had a tricky job to do as well given our house is a mix of 1940/50 double adobe construction along with add-ons over the years including a second floor done in 1985. We bought the house in 1999. If you can imagine the mix of construction, just imagine the variety and up-to-codeness of the electrical work in the house. What a challenge! Tanya''s crew divided efforts between bringing our electrical infrastructure up to code and ready for hook-up with the solar unit, and getting the ground mount system installed. Poor Anthony was the one delegated to our "pump house" which is where our grid connection came in. It''s an old adobe "shack" we use for storage, our drinking water well is in there, and now a very sweet electrical hook-up for our solar unit. In the end I was hoping the whole crew including the design and sales folks would be onsite so I could pop some champagne in celebration. Lucky for Tanya''s crew they were the ones around when I brought the champagne home. Hope they enjoyed it. Oh, and once all inspections were over with the system was switched on and it just worked. On our first day the system produce over 100kWh which turned out to be the average day when the sun was out. I could go on and on about this company. The simply did a terrific job!

Reviewed: 02/24/2014

davidrich
02/24/2014
I've updated my profile picture to a shot of the completed ground mount system on our property.

ee

Awesome system, awesome service

Awesome system, awesome service

Love the PV array (6.1 kw)designed and installed by Positive Energy. They were professional and expedient,

with nice folks handling sales all the way through construction and commissioning. The system was put in on time and has delivered as promised (even a little better than as promised!).

Reviewed: 02/24/2014

Great System

Great System

We installed our system in Dec. 2010 and it has worked better than advertised since day one. We have had no

problems and the staff at Positive Energy was very professional and easy to work with.

David Larson

Reviewed: 02/23/2014

Solar installation at 880-B Chicoma Vista, Santa Fe, NM, 87507

Solar installation at 880-B Chicoma Vista, Santa Fe, NM, 87507

We are very satisfied with our solar installation--everything went well. We continue to be amazed and

gratified at how well the whole system works.

Reviewed: 02/22/2014

Lives up to their name. In a league of their own.

Excellent

Lives up to their name. In a league of their own.

Everything about the installation was positive. Some of things I liked:

1. Willingness to

speculate on how fast PNM’s rates would increase over the next ten years.

2. Gently urging us to install a system that would cover our current use and cover a little bit of growth. Our first year we produced about 14,000 KWH and consumed about 12,000. So, although this winter was unusually warm, we used a little bit of our surplus to run an electric heater in the bathroom and shut down the forced hot air, propane furnace. We’ve only run the furnace maybe 8 days all winter. This saves us a bunch of propane and the house is still comfortable.

3. Forced us to think about our biggest energy losses. We ended up replacing the windows (two of which had failed) in the greenhouse. We’ll also get the solar hot water up and running to extend our green strategy.

4. We also replaced our Camry this year. We thought long and hard about a Volt or other electric car, but decided to put that off until the plug-in hybrid electrics are mature and more affordable. The thought of using our solar electric for transportation was very seductive.

5. Finally, although it was expensive to go with the German ground mount, non-tracker, it was the right decision for our site. I’ve gone out when the wind was howling and put my hand on the panels. No a hint of vibration. I expect that the installation would survive a tornado.

Although you never used the words, the truth is in this technology, you get what you pay for. I’ve looked at a few Amenergy installs and feel that my rig is in another league. I’m playing with the big boys.

Reviewed: 02/22/2014

Positive Energy

Positive Energy

Positive Energy under-promised and over-delivered. I have never seen a better team concept than they bring

to a job. From the scheduler to the foundation people to the technical team to the supervisors, these folks all worked together and helped each other.

They got to the job sooner than scheduled, took less time to do it than anticipated and had our system up and running without a single hiccup. Every single member of their team was friendly, open, cooperative and pleasant.

I had a question about the alignment of the array after the first foundation work was done. I took it up with the scheduler and within an hour the supervisor of that part of the job was at the work site with a compass in hand and an explanation that made sense.

This was a first rate job and Positive Energy was a positive delight to work with.

Reviewed: 02/21/2014

solar panel review

solar panel review

Excellent all around

Reviewed: 02/21/2014

Backyard 8-panel tracker

Backyard 8-panel tracker

Performs exactly as promised with no problems!

We Loved Every Minute of Our Positive Solar Experience

We Loved Every Minute of Our Positive Solar Experience

From the fast response to our initial inquiry to the moment we generated our first watt of solar power, we

enjoyed every minute our solar electric project. Everyone that we worked with at Positive Solar was friendly and professional especially the installation team. Taylor worked with our schedule to arrange our first meeting and immediately won over the most important member of our family, the pooch! Our discussion with him was full of great information and based on our actual consumption over the past year. There was no pressure; just no nonsense understanding of how much we were paying and how quickly we would reap the benefits of our new solar system. Scheduling the installation and completing the paperwork was easy thanks to the helpful team we had on our project. What impressed us the most was how courteous and clean the installation team was throughout the four days they were at our house. We enjoyed coming home each day to chat with them about the progress that was made that day and how they were holding up with the very steep pitch our roof. For anyone looking to install a solar system, we cannot recommend Positive Solar more highly. Don’t believe us, just ask our dog!

SunPower SPR-308 - 21 Panel Ground Mounted System

SunPower SPR-308 - 21 Panel Ground Mounted System

Positive Energy Santa Fe did and excellent job, and I have been extremely pleased with the total annual

output of my solar system.

Reviewed: 02/20/2014

Positive Energy all day long!

Excellent

Positive Energy all day long!

I had multiple proposals from regional solar companies while building a 4,000 sq. ft. home and studio.

Taylor Selby of Positive Energy was the first sales person who really told me the truth about what I needed and showed me that his company would take care of me throughout the process. From the day I signed the contract Positive Solar over delivered in both products, installation, service and follow up. They were the best contractor experience I have had in six years of development. Absolutely amazing installation crew, professional billing and follow up with making sure we had everything we needed for the tax credits. SIX STARS!

Totally satisfied!

Totally satisfied!

These guys are the best! We have had PosE install three arrays for us, a 10kW and 4kW at our home, and a 6kW

at our gallery in the historic district of Santa Fe. We could not have been happier working with such a conscientious, professional and knowledgeable team.

An excellent company

An excellent company

Choosing the right solar PV system is anything but easy. It''s highly technical with a lot of options to

choose from. Positive Energy made the entire process a lot simpler by explaining everything in plain language. They started and finished their work on schedule, and returned our calls immediately (an experience that''s a little unusual here in Santa Fe). After two years, we haven''t had a single problem with our system. All of their employees were extremely pleasant, friendly, and most important to me, professional. I would recommend Positive Energy to anyone without hesitation. I don''t usually give such strong recommendations, but they are one of the few, in my mind, that really deserve it.

Residential customer

Residential customer

The entire Positive Energy staff is a pleasure to work with. They called to let me know when they were

arriving/leaving, kept me abreast of each phase of the project, gave a thorough explanation of how the system works, and provided me with all of the documents needed to submit for my tax returns. The entire project was completed on budget, on time and with the utmost professionalism. I am thrilled with my PV system and feel that everyone would benefit from a little "positive energy."

sfmom

santa fe, NM

Solar panels

Solar panels

Great service!

Catherine Hebenstreit

Catherine Hebenstreit

This has been one of the most satisfying things I have done ever because it is the gift the keeps on

giving. Every check I get from PNM paying me for the electricity I have generated is a delight.

Excellent service and great product

Excellent service and great product

Positive solar made the whole process very easy. Taylor Shelby explained everything very clearly before the

installation, the crew was able to answer any questions I had and even spent time talking with neighbors who walked over to see what was going on.

Taylor also helped me with the paper work that was needed for the federal and state tax credits.

I give Taylor and his team lots of gold stars.

Thankful - Perfect installation - Checks are flowing in

Thankful - Perfect installation - Checks are flowing in

Positive Energy is the most professional, kind and thoughtful company I have ever worked with. We meet up

with a couple other companies and it became clear that Positive Energy Solar was in a class of its own. They designed and installed the perfect system for our home. I recommend recommend them unconditionally.

Santa Fe Install

Santa Fe Install

Very courteous, timely, willing to answer questions and did a very professional job.

Reviewed: 02/15/2014

Terry & Jeanene's Project

Terry & Jeanene's Project

All Positive Energy employees involved in our project were: professional, courteous, and caring people. The

system was installed ahead of schedule and it only took 3 days to install. The installers cleaned up at the end of each day and they even took time to play with our dog in the backyard!

Reviewed: 02/06/2014

Terry & Jeanene thank you for your wonderful review.

The Best Decision I've ever made!1

The Best Decision I've ever made!1

Everyone at Positive Energy Solar is fantastic at what they do. The whole experience was fast,easy and

painless. They are all a great bunch of guys who will treat you with honesty and respect.
I have had my system on for a full month and it has generated over 860khr!! a bit more than what they predicted.

Shawn Klocek

Reviewed: 01/11/2014

Professional and honest

Professional and honest

I enjoyed my experience with Positive Energy Solar. I especially appreciated the fact that they stuck with

the original estimate that they gave us. So there were no huge surprises. The process was simple. Our system was officially turned on yesterday. We love the fact that we''re producing clean, renewable energy!

Reviewed: 12/19/2013

Hands down, the BEST solar company!

Excellent

Hands down, the BEST solar company!

We had just finished a construction project on our home prior to the solar installation and I was not

looking forward to more construction. To my great surprise, the Positive Energy crew was AMAZING. They were courteous, professional, prompt, and always cleaned the job site at the end of the day. Working with this company was a wonderful experience from the very beginning. Every person involved with our sale/install was so kind, knowledgable and professional. My mind was changed about how a job site can be run! The clean up at the end of each and every day was HUGE to me. We have a 1 and 3 year old and I didn''t have to worry about them getting into something left behind. Hands down the BEST company, and we did interview others. The competition is no where near the caliber of Positive Energy! HIGHLY, Highly recommend!!

Reviewed: 11/15/2013

Taos foothills installation

Taos foothills installation

Quickly and efficiently installed our rooftop system. We couldn''t be more pleased!

Reviewed: 10/04/2013

off grid home

off grid home

We have worked w/Positive Energy for14 yrs. now upgrading
our primitive system incrementally over that

time.
They have been wonderfully knowledgeable, cheerful & supportive, helping us fine tune our set up as our needs increased. We have recommended their services wholeheartedly many times to others.

Reviewed: 09/14/2013

World house solar

World house solar

The Positive Energy team was thoughtful, informative and generally excellent to work with. The quality of

the components and system prep allowed me to install the system with ease. Quite simply I installed the system, turned it on and it works perfectly! I would absolutely recommend Positive Energy to someone looking to go solar!

Reviewed: 09/14/2013

We are so happy that you had such a great experience with us. Thank you for the great review!

A perfect experience

A perfect experience

I have nothing but great things to say about the entire Positive Energy Solar company experience. From

Taylor Selby to Kimberly Botza, to Tom and
Thomas Gray the
Design and Project Manager, it''s a crew that does what they say and takes pride in their product.
If you''d like to see our installation, or talk about the process, I am available to do so. My name is Keith Berr and my e-mail is kberr@keithberr.com

Reviewed: 09/06/2013

Thank you Keith for your wonderful review of our company, staff and service. It is folks like you who make our work meaningful and rewarding.

Linda Barberic

Linda Barberic

Excellent Work. Great Crew. Competitive Price!

Reviewed: 09/06/2013

Thank you Linda for taking time to review our work and our amazing crew.

Fully satisfied

Fully satisfied

Positive Energy did a very professional job. We interviewed several other companies and Positive Energy are

clearly the expert in the field. There where on time and on budget.

Reviewed: 04/07/2013

Christina D.
04/07/2013
Positive Energy did an outstanding job. They were 100% professional. Everything went smoothly and looks amazing.

Lynne

Albuquerque, NM

Great people and product

Great people and product

I am so impressed by the people in this company. Everything they do has the customer in mind. I couldn''t be

happier with every aspect of the service I received. Call them! You will like them.

Reviewed: 03/27/2013

Lynne
03/27/2013
I would recommend this installer to anyone who wants the job done well, on schedule, and at the estimated cost. The people working for and with Positive Energy Solar are friendly and respectful. This is a superb company, and I'm delighted to give it my wholehearted support.

Click here for more details

Installation crew was great. We were very pleased with the quality of the job, and the fact that it was

completed on time, during Christmas week.

Reviewed: 02/05/2013

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 01/31/2013

Click here for more details

I have been throughly pleased with my solar system! In October, I walked into a home show and had known

absolutely nothing about solar. I met Paul there and within a weeks time, I purchased a complete solar system and can`t stop telling everyone I know about it. From Paul, to Gregg, to Conner, and everyone involved with this project, I want to thank and couldn`t be more pleased with the entire process. Thankyou again, Dawn Patterson.

Click here for more details

Crews worked during harsh weather to complete work on time.

Click here for more details

Great experience working with Positive Energy. Professional friendly and a job well done on installation.

Reviewed: 01/20/2013

Click here for more details

Very professional and quickly and competently responded to all communications. Taylor Shelby and his staff

are so knowledgeable and communicate ideas well.

Reviewed: 01/19/2013

Click here for more details

Positive Energy is the most professional contractor that has done work on our property. They finished their

work when they said they would, did what they said they would do and it was on budget. Other friends of ours were not that lucky with who they selected. I can`t say enough good things about them. If you want solar, this company does it right.
Positive Energy did an outstanding job. They are the best of the best and designed the perfect system for us.

Reviewed: 01/17/2013

Click here for more details

These folks do a fine job. The construction and installation skills are excellent. I`m still trying to learn

the SunnyBoy data systems and web interface. The PV system is operational and producing electrical energy.
the rebate outcome is TBD but I expect that it will go through.

Reviewed: 09/28/2012

Reviewed: 08/29/2012

Click here for more details

PE was great to work with, the work was excellent, the PV system is working flawlessly!

Reviewed: 08/27/2012

Click here for more details

All personnel were extremely professional and all the work performed was of high quality. Overall a very

enjoyable experience.

Reviewed: 08/22/2012

Click here for more details

Extremely good company to work with.

Reviewed: 08/22/2012

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 08/07/2012

Reviewed: 08/06/2012

Reviewed: 08/05/2012

Click here for more details

The Postitive Energy team did a great job!

Reviewed: 08/02/2012

Click here for more details

Great. Recommended. Need to better explain how unused kw roll to next mo but that a State issue more than

PE. PE needs to have more follow up with subcontractors like trenchors to ensure they are on time finish timely and cleanup after their work.

Reviewed: 07/30/2012

Reviewed: 07/26/2012

Click here for more details

The Positive Energy were consummate professionals. Responsive, honest and hard-working start to finish.

Click here for more details

A good experience. Our system is outperforming expectations.

Click here for more details

Positive Energy`s staff are all very professional and a pleasure to deal with.
Positive Energy made the

permitting process particularly seemless and easy for us.

Click here for more details

Very professional and courteous staff- and they were easily available by telephone or email to respond to

all questions.

Click here for more details

Kimberly is a huge asset to your company

Click here for more details

We had been thinking about a solar system for years. We interviewed several companies and Positive Energy

was the most qualified. From A to Z our experience with Positive Energy was very positive. They lived up to their name. We highly recommend working with them.

Reviewed: 07/23/2012

Click here for more details

Connor and Steven were professional and a pleasure to have around. Would that all workers in all trades

possessed these skills - they did a great job and are a clear reflection of the company`s worth and integrity. Thank you.

Reviewed: 01/14/2012

Reviewed: 01/09/2012

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

I`ve worked with Positive Energy on 3 separate jobs, and I am comfortable recommending them to others.

I`ve always been happy with the quality of work provided from Positive Energy.

Reviewed: 01/06/2012

Click here for more details

We love our solar system! Thank you!

Reviewed: 01/04/2012

Click here for more details

Good job by PE. Bureaucratic wait time was 2-3 weeks after the work was complete.

Reviewed: 01/04/2012

Reviewed: 01/03/2012

Reviewed: 01/01/2012

Reviewed: 12/26/2011

Click here for more details

I would recommend Positive Energy without hesitation.
While the contractor did not complete the tax

rebate/incentive paperwork, full detailed instructions were provided in the final documentation.

Reviewed: 12/25/2011

Click here for more details

We found Positive Energy totally professional, friendly, helpful and timely in the work we contracted them

to perform. We are very pleased with the PV system they installed. The system was well installed and the crew was friendly and professional. We have already started receiving checks back from PNM! I will continue to recommend Positive Energy to my friends and think they are setting a high standard in the field of Solar Power in Santa Fe.
We secured a lower interest fixed rate 30 year loan to finance the project. We also rely on the Federal Tax incentives to offset the total cost over time. We also are very happy to have a smaller carbon footprint and to be receiving money back from the utility company to help offset the cost of the loan payment further.

Reviewed: 12/23/2011

Reviewed: 12/23/2011

Reviewed: 12/22/2011

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Regarding the "work corrections needed before the building permit was signed off" -- there was a slight

t delay in verifying the design of the ballasts to support the PV array, but this was resolved quickly.

Reviewed: 12/22/2011

Click here for more details

Highly professional and courteous staff. We are pleased with every aspect of the job. So unusual in New

Mexico.

Click here for more details

positive solar was a wonderful company to work with...we love our system and have received only positive

comments from our neighbors.

Click here for more details

I donn`t remember the size, but there are 6 solar panels.
I was and still am very pleased with the

contractor, his employees and their work.

Reviewed: 08/10/2011

Reviewed: 08/05/2011

Click here for more details

The team that installed our system were top notch. We couldn`t have been happier with their professionalism,

attention to detail and overall friendly manner throughout the installation. Our sales rep provided us with the information we needed to make an informed decision and stayed actively involved throughout the entire process. This company is fortunate to have such outstanding professionals working for them.

Reviewed: 08/03/2011

Click here for more details

Positive Energy was a wonderful company to work with. The work was completed promptly and the installation

is neat and unobtrusive. The staff is highly competent and friendly.

We really appreciate their green orientation and employee benefits of this company. We have already recommended them to several friends
Positive Energy completed and organized all the paperwork needed for us to earn credits from our local utility and to process the state tax forms. This has been a very helpful service.

Reviewed: 07/30/2011

Reviewed: 07/28/2011

Reviewed: 07/27/2011

Click here for more details

Positive energy has a professional and friendly staff who take the time to explain and explain again

everything about the pv system. I`d use them again and recommend them to anyone considering solar power.

Reviewed: 07/27/2011

Click here for more details

All the people I encountered at Positive Energy were friendly and helpful. As a woman, the small

construction crew treated me with respect. One day when I went out to check on progress, I found a solar oven on the south side of the building with a couple lunches being heated up- wow!

Positive Energy led me through the paperwork for the tax credits and for the electric company for our PV system. They were very organized and gave me a checklist. My first electric bill was crazy and I called up Positive Energy for help. They were able to direct me to a contact person at El Paso Electric who could correct the erroneous bill.

I love being able to monitor the energy generated from my personal computer, which is one of the features that came with my PV system. Now that PV system has been up and running for a few months I can tell that the amount of energy we are generating is on target with the original estimate that I was given.

I would highly recommend Positive Energy!
My contractor really made buying a PV system easy. All we had to do was to decide how large of a system to buy and then write a check for half down.

Reviewed: 07/26/2011

Reviewed: 07/26/2011

Click here for more details

Everyone at Positive Energy was great to work with, very knowledgeable and professional. One change that was

needed was taken care of quickly and easily

Reviewed: 07/24/2011

Reviewed: 07/22/2011

Click here for more details

I am very pleased with my new Stand-Alone Photovoltaic Power System and happy that I have the time and

opportunity to live and understand its operation. My goal is to have a functional back-up power system for emergency preparedness to provide refrigeration for my food supply and to have lights and small appliance loads in case of a power failure. The system is designed to charge from the utility grid and a solar electric source so is very versatile.
I was extremely pleased working with the professionals from Positive Energy on this project. I love working with people who are smart and knowledgeable and allow me the opportunity to learn at the same time kindly sharing their experience. I was very happy that they listened to me from the beginning of the discussions to the installation of the system and graciously answered all my many questions. I would recommend Positive Energy to anyone who is considering a photovoltaic system installation. My rating would be 10 out of 10.
This is a stand alone photovoltaic power system which I had built to fit in the space occupied by the dishwasher that I never used. It is basically a plug and play which is why I answered many of the questions as n/a.

Reviewed: 04/26/2011

Reviewed: 02/28/2011

Reviewed: 01/30/2011

Reviewed: 01/25/2011

Click here for more details

Over the two years prior to the selection of the type of solar I wanted and the company to work with I had

evaluated heat loss of the home and developed a table of propane and electric use of the houose. I had contacted three companies before choosing Positive Energy, Inc. I am extemely satisfied with the solar desighn and the installation.
The contractor has provided the information I will need for the New Mexico and Federal Solar Tax credit.

Reviewed: 01/25/2011

Click here for more details

Positive Energy met or exceeded all of my expectations with regard to our project.

Reviewed: 01/22/2011

Click here for more details

From A-Z our experience with Positive Energy was terrific: from Taylor Selby to each of the workers they

were friendly, competent, and professional. I love produce my own electricity and watching the meter run backwards!

Reviewed: 12/02/2010

professional, knowledgeable, personable, trustworthy
they made it a smooth trouble-free

transition

Reviewed: 11/21/2010

Reviewed: 11/14/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 11/13/2010

Click here for more details

You need to reword the third question on the final panel.
Also, how can I know if the value of my

y building has increased unless I am ready to sell ? Poor question, poorly worded

Reviewed: 11/10/2010

Reviewed: 11/08/2010

Click here for more details

Prompt, professional, courteous, responsive performance! I would recommend Positive Energy to anyone

interested in PV installation.
Only disappointment is with the current design of the PV system, not with Positive Energy. Strongly suggest that the system grid/PV interface be redesigned with the use of an Automatic Bus Transfer (ABT) device which would allow continued output of the PV system to the house loads, totally and safely isolated from the grid, when the grid is down. This design feature is a common element in military electrical systems, particularly on the submarine to which I was assigned while serving in the military. I am happy to be supporting clean energy initiatives.

Reviewed: 11/08/2010

Click here for more details

The installation and sales team are consummate, efficient, intelligent professionals, passionate about and

proud of their work, couldn`t have been happier with the process and the system!

Reviewed: 11/05/2010

Click here for more details

Thoroughly impressed with the technical expertise and the philosophical background of all Positive Energy

personnel with whom we were involved. We were also impressed with the reputation of Positive Energy within the community and within PNM.

Reviewed: 11/05/2010

Click here for more details

i would recommend positive energy to anyone. there was excellent communication and service. i couldn`t be

happier with my decision to go with them.

Reviewed: 09/27/2010

Click here for more details

Allan was our lead person and was totally thorough in explaining to us all the tradeoffs, costs, etc. We had

quick access to him whenever we needed it. He and his crew were on-site during the whole installation process, and Allan was more hands-on than anybody in getting it hooked up and tested. I would not hesitate to recommend Allan and Positive Energy (and their crew) to anybody who is looking for an off-grid system.

Reviewed: 09/26/2010

Click here for more details

This system is a hybrid - we can sell power or go onto battery backup in case of an outage. The backup will

run our outside well, a freezer, fridg, some lights, milking machine, and pasteurizer. We told Allen what we wanted and he designed it for us and our budget. We are extremely pleased with the work Allen and Postive Energy did for us. I would highly recommend them- expecially for on/off grid work.

Reviewed: 07/09/2010

Click here for more details

Reliable and pleasant to work with from start to finish

Reviewed: 06/08/2010

Exceeded high expectations!

Click here for more details

Postivie Energy is a great company to work with.

Click here for more details

Mark spent a lot of time answering my questions prior to signing the contract and was always easy to

contact. The work was done on schedule, and in a very professional manner. The system has been performing better than originally projected. Positive Energy has continued to help with system registration and utility billing issues. I`m a happy customer.

Reviewed: 05/19/2010

Reviewed: 05/04/2010

Pleasure to work with!

Reviewed: 05/03/2010

Reviewed: 04/15/2010

Reviewed: 04/05/2010

Click here for more details

Mark Westbrock is great to deal with.

Reviewed: 03/27/2010

Click here for more details

This was an addition to a system installed the previous year. Would we use them again ? Certainly!

Reviewed: 03/25/2010

Click here for more details

We can`t praise enough the work and professionalism of Mark Westbrock. He is simply superb.

Click here for more details

It took a very long time for me to figure out what kind and how large a system to install. Mark was

unfailingly helpful and responsive. The installers were always cheerful, even when the weather was at its worst. The system provides a larger percentage of power requirements than I had anticipated. Thanks!

Click here for more details

Bar none this was the best experience I have ever had with a contractor.

Click here for more details

Check back with me in a year or so...if possible.
if there are incentives i would love to have

them...

Click here for more details

Very professional group, highly experienced, well-credentialed for solar power installations. I spoke to

five vendors before selecting Positive Energy, as being clearly the best qualified to do the work.

Click here for more details

Not only was the installation smooth, but the follow-up regarding forms and data for the tax credits was

also greatly appreciated. It is especially nice that for most months of the year to local utility pays me, rather then my paying them.

Click here for more details

I cannot think of anyway Mark and his crew could have been better. Everything went according to plan and

schedule. And the system is working wonderfully.

Click here for more details

The Positive Energy crew that installed our photovoltaic system was extremely competent, professional, and

committed to installing a system of the highest possible quality. They were very respectful of our home and conscious of how the job site looked. When interacting with us, they were polite and always refered to us by our names. The system is performing flawlessly and our meter is running backward! Another thing we especially appreciated was the comprehensive owners manual and the fact that they took care of all of the paperwork required for El Paso Electric Interconnection Agreement and REC Program, and the State and Federal Tax Credits. Thanks Positive Energy and Mark, Conor, Anthony, Tony, and Christy.
Please check the wording - some of the questions are hard to understand. "Do this project work.."

Click here for more details

Mr. Westbrock is very professional and technically competent. He also spent a lot of personal time, without

legal counsel, before the State Regulatory Commission (PRC) presenting evidence and helping the commission to make rules supporting the state`s requirement for renewable energy production. This was the rule that instituted the Renewable Energy Credit of $ .13 with El Paso Electric and which makes photovoltaic a no brainer in an economic sense. By helping to get us the REC as well as net metering, we receive a benefit of approximately $ .25/kwh. Remember that Mark and Positive Energy did this for you!
My first installation was in November of 2008 for a 2.6 kw system. I asked Positive Energy to install additional panels to bring my capacity to 3.4 kw in October 2009. Both jobs were completed on time, at or below the quote and have performed perfectly ever since. I net an average of $ 60/month plus free electricity from El Paso Electric. I am quite happy with the system and with Positive Energy.

Click here for more details

Although I have only had the PV system for one month, it seems to operate very well. The first month

production exceeds slightly Positive Energy`s estimate for this time of year. Solar-estimate`s estimates for production in the Las Cruces area are low by about 10%.

The only complaint I have relates to the monitoring system. The monitoring through the internet does not work very well, but it is a "nice to have" extra, not something you really need. You can always check your rec meter for total production. I understand Sun Power is working on some fixes for the monitoring system.

Reviewed: 03/15/2010

Click here for more details

I was extremely impressed by the staff of Positive Energy. From the first call to the final handshake, it

was obvious that they are interested in customer satisfaction not just selling a product. Appointments were made and kept. All the staff were well informed, great teachers as well as installers and overall very pleasant. Staff was very accessable and eager to meet my needs. I have already recommended Positive Energy to friends, family and colleagues.

Reviewed: 02/04/2010

Click here for more details

Project took longer to start because of permitting problems with City of Santa Fe. Tracking Motors were very

late in delivery, probably due to no fault of Positive Energy. Main complaint was finding that electric panel had to be upgraded, just before system was to be connected to home. This should have been caught earlier.
System works great. Produces more electricity than estimated (so far at least) by Positive Energy.

Reviewed: 01/29/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Positive Energy was a relatively expensive choice, but I like the overall installation.

PS I am

still not happy with SunPower`s online monitoring display about which there was some correspondence in the middle of 2009.

Reviewed: 01/25/2010

Reviewed: 01/18/2010

Click here for more details

The folks at Positive Energy were very professional and a pleasure to work with.
I`d certainly recommend

Positive Energy to anyone considering a Solar PV system.

Reviewed: 01/16/2010

Click here for more details

Very professional and diligent workers.

Reviewed: 01/14/2010

Reviewed: 01/14/2010

Click here for more details

Positive Energy, Santa Fe was terrific to work with.

Reviewed: 01/13/2010

Click here for more details

Positive Energy was a pleasure to work with. The are, without question, the most professional solar electric

company in New Mexico. The system cost the amount they told me it would and it produces the output they promised. I 100% recommend them.

Reviewed: 12/28/2009

Click here for more details

This is a really quality organizationand there work shows it.
The purchase incentives referred to above

are actual state and federal tax credit programs to these are post-installation incentives.

Reviewed: 12/14/2009

Click here for more details

Positive Energy staff were very professional, efficient, friendly and allowed our family to get involved and

educated in the process. I have already recommended them to friends!

Reviewed: 12/13/2009

Reviewed: 11/08/2009

Reviewed: 10/14/2009

Click here for more details

Work was done exactly on budget, and minor delays were mutually agreed upon - i.e. we were in no rush, and

it made their scheduling easier.

Reviewed: 10/14/2009

Click here for more details

If our solar system works as well as the team that sold and installed it, we will be in energy heaven.

Everyone involved in the process was courteous, knowledgeable, thoughtful and remarkably efficient. This is our first excursion into solar power and I can`t think of a better introduction than being in Positive Energy`s hands. I love watching the in house monitor that tells me how many kilowatt hours we create every day.

Type: Residential Electric, Wind related

Click here for more details

Outstanding company. My tracker produces more power than expected. They were on time and on budget. Very

professional.

Reviewed: 08/23/2009

Click here for more details

I would provide a positive recommendation any time.

Reviewed: 10/06/2008

Click here for more details

My 13 year old power system was on the verge of crashing, due to the long illness then death of my husband

who created it and maintained it. I was lost on every possible level when Positive Energy arrived. Every step of the way, during the hardest period of my life, I was treated with compassion and respect, and carefully educated in my new role as the caretaker of the system. That nearly defunct system is functioning smoothly once more. It would be impossible to overstate my positive feelings for Positive Energy.
We
e off grid -- this was our ONLY option.

Reviewed: 09/21/2008

Click here for more details

Positive Energy provides quality products, excellent service, very complete analysis of the project with how

they approach the analysis of the customers’ needs and goals. They provided a very detailed estimate, provide alternates, explain how and why they have chosen the equipment they intend to install. A pleasure to work with.

Reviewed: 09/04/2008

Reviewed: 08/28/2008

Click here for more details

Positive Energy is a terrific company and I couldn`t be more pleased with the installation. The staff were

exceedingly friendly and knowledgable, they kept me well-informed at every step of the process, and their work and attention to detail showed a craftsmanship that is extremely impressive. These folks are motivated as much by their desire to protect the environment as they are by the need to earn a living. I`d recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone interested in a PV installation for their home or business.

Reviewed: 08/22/2008

Click here for more details

On the first day that we walked into Positive Energy we recognized that these people knew what they were

doing and believed in the product, the process and themselves. They listened carefully and made recommendations of things that we could do to help in the process, like gathering past electric bills, changing to CFLs, understanding where our electricity was being used and thinking about the size system that would be right for us. They made system recommendations with probable costs and outcomes. The person who came to the house to layout the design kept in mind not just obtaining maximum efficiency but was also sensitive to the potential visual impact of the panels on the house, though I have to say that I wouldn’t mind if the panels showed from the street more.

We decided to have our flat roof replaced prior to installation and they coordinated with the roofer. The process of roofing tear off, bolting down the support system for the PV panels and the beginning of laying down the new roof was seamless. Then they were able to install the system earlier than predicted. The cost was exactly what they said it would be. The estimate of output was conservative if anything because in the 80 days after installation, we generated around 10% over expectations.

The manual they gave us has everything, the letter of intent, scope of work (including a list of assumptions and exclusions), proposed cost, statement of billing, tax credit forms filled out to the extent possible, estimated performance curves, one-line diagram, layout diagram, permit data, component cut-sheets, warranties, and the warranty registration cards that they filed for us!

I am extremely happy with the results. Every evening I check the power module to see how many kW the system generated each day, and how long it is likely to be before we have generated our next Megawatt and ton of saved CO2. If you are looking for a company to install your system, you search is over. Oh, and welcome to the real twenty-first century.

I participated in Earth Day, you know, the first one in the sixties? Yes, that one. We don`t need any “influences” to know that this was the right thing to do, though `An Inconvenient Truth` did play some part in reminding us of what is really important.

Reviewed: 08/14/2008

Click here for more details

Allen worked with me to design into an existing system and I did some of the work, I also assisted in the

installation where I could. Allen bumped us up in his schedule so we could take advantage of the tax credits. They had to put chains on all 4 wheels to get here! They were courteous and professional

Reviewed: 06/03/2008

Click here for more details

They were great. Everything was installed super efficiently and they were great about coming out. to this

off-grid location (down a rough road). Nice and easy to talk with. They are people I was very comfortable having around on my property - leaving me feeling very relaxed and gave me complete confidence in the work being done and the entire installation process. They were also very sweet in putting up with one of my pups.

Reviewed: 04/11/2008

Click here for more details

We were very impressed with the total professionalism exhibited by everyone we came in contact with.

Reviewed: 04/09/2008

Click here for more details

The guys at Positive Energy were as helpful and understanding as anyone could be with someone who knew very

little about PV systems. I would recommend them anytime. We couldn`t be happier!

Reviewed: 04/04/2008

Click here for more details

This company had to review the work done by another contractor who had failed to complete its work and had

committed several errors (code violations and other problems), then recommend solutions and implement them, including obtaining CID inspection/approval and local utility grid-tying approvals. All the work went very well and reasonably quickly with good communications throughout the process.

Reviewed: 02/25/2008

Click here for more details

We have had this system in place for over seven years, and Positive Energy has been always responsive and

always knowledgeable; always provided top-notch technicians; and have made absolutely certain that the system functioned properly at all times. Nothing but the highest praise.

Reviewed: 01/24/2008

Click here for more details

It was my upbringing, my values, how I was educated and my concern for the environment that made me

e want to use renewable energy. If we want to convince others, we all must increase educational efforts, especially in public schools.

Reviewed: 01/07/2008

Click here for more details

stupendous company! Alan is amazing.

Reviewed: 12/19/2007

Reviewed: 10/07/2007

Click here for more details

The work was done with a great deal of integrity, professionalism and competence.

Reviewed: 08/09/2007

Click here for more details

Very pleased with all aspects of solar installation and support.

Reviewed: 08/06/2007

Terrific service - I recommedn them to everyone
no options, I live 8 miles from the nearest

utility

Reviewed: 08/03/2007

Click here for more details

It was a pleasure to work with the several Positive Energy personnel I came in contact with. They are

young, bright, and dedicated to the work they are doing.
An expert making a presentation on PV specifically recommended Positive Energy

Reviewed: 07/20/2007

Click here for more details

Positive Energy worked to make the complicated process as smooth as possible for us at every step of the

way.

Reviewed: 01/23/2007

Click here for more details

Mark and Pascal were terrific to work with. They came back after the installation and fixed a problem we

weren`t even aware of. We would recommend Positive Energy highly.

Reviewed: 10/19/2006

Click here for more details

Positive Energy helped me in my time of need. I was without power and Positive Energy came to my aid and

did an excellent job. I would recommend them to everyone. They are extremely professional and experts in the field of photovoltaic systems. You do not need to worry about them finishing on time or doing excellent work. I am very proud of my system and it is because of Positive Energy excellent work.

Reviewed: 07/08/2006

Click here for more details

consistant `great`s says it all. they are a wonderful company run by an interesting man who seems to love

his work

Reviewed: 05/23/2006

Reviewed: 05/10/2006

Click here for more details

Very satisfied. Would be great if seasonal adjustment were included in cost.

Reviewed: 05/05/2006

Click here for more details

Courteous and candid explanation of the pros and cons of the proposed system.
Basically, we wanted to be

more environmentally responsible. As the cost was a small percentage of our overall rebuilding, we were relatively insensitive to cost and payback. Positive Energy did a good job. The system has operated problem-free for 4 years.

Reviewed: 04/11/2006

Click here for more details

Excellent company, staff and product. Great after-sales supprt. Highly recommend.

Reviewed: 01/10/2006

Click here for more details

Positive energy upgraded my older marginally working off-grid system and turned it into a very efficient no

problems works like a dream system!They never tried to sell me a new system because they were able to upgrade the original one so that it is totally reliable and very easy for a non tech person like myself to use.

Reviewed: 01/09/2006

Click here for more details

Positive Energy has been assisting me in upgrading our pv system for the past eight years. Their

professionalism, quality of work, and ability to explain what is necessary and why is greatly appreciated by my wife and I. I have recommended Positive energy to others in our neighborhood who are off the grid.

Reviewed: 01/09/2006

Click here for more details

great work. Very clean install.

Reviewed: 01/08/2006

Click here for more details

Allan worked with me to upgrade the system and was very helpful in coping with some previously purchased,

but not used solar panel racks.
He also provided plans for the new battery box, and found the best panels for the best price.
I think what I am calling panels, he calls modules?

None of the above influenced me because I had no choice.
The small house I purchased in 1996 was off the grid, and had 4 panels on the roof.
When I put on an addition I needed to increase the power, and upgrade the old existing solar system.

Reviewed: 12/13/2005

Click here for more details

Not only did the company exceed my expectations, but I would go so far as to say that dealing with Positive

Energy ranks among the best experiences I have ever had in dealing with a company for clarity, efficiency and punctuality. They heard what I wanted and delivered me more than I expected.

Reviewed: 12/09/2005

Click here for more details

In this day and age it is rare to find a company like Positive Energy. They do busin ess the way it used to

be done, with integrity and commitment. I wish there were more companies like Positive /Energy, not only in the solar energy field, but in every field.
Right from the start I knew that Positive Energy wanted to do excellent work that would reflect well on its reputation for years to come. I chose Positive Energy because I trusted them.

Reviewed: 09/14/2005

Reviewed: 08/25/2005

Click here for more details

This company is excellent. They made educating me part of our total work together. They are not the

cheapest, but they sure are the best!!!
Alan of Positive Energy taught a portion of the course I took in solar design. He was excellent and I went on to consult with him during the design of my house and ultimately I hired him. And I am glad!!!

Reviewed: 07/27/2005

Great Job!
See you folks on the 21st.

B

Reviewed: 07/11/2005

Reviewed: 07/10/2005

Reviewed: 07/08/2005

Service Areas:

New Mexico
Rio Arriba County
Abiquiu, Alcalde, Alire, Apodaca, Barranca, Brazos, Canjilon, Canones, Canova, Cebolla, Chama, Chamita, Chili, Chimayo, Cordova, Coyote, Cundiyo, Dixon, Dulce, El Duende, El Guique, El Llano, El Portero, El Rancho, El Rincon de los Trujillos, El Rito, El Vado, Embudo, Ensenada, Espanola, Estaca, Fairview, Gallina, Gavilan, Guachupangue, Guique, Hernandez, Jicarilla Apache Indian Rese, Junta, La Bolsa, La Junta, La Madera, La Mesilla, La Puebla, La Puente, La Villita, Las Placitas, Las Tablas, Lindrith, Los Luceros, Los Ojos, Lower Ranchito, Lumberton, Lyden, Medalanes, Medanales, Medenales, Mesa Poleo, Nutrias, Ohkay Owingeh, Ojito, Pajarito, Petaca, Pueblito, Quarteles, Rinconado, Rio Chiquito, Rito de las Sillas, Riverside, Rutheron, San Juan Pblo, San Juan Pueblo, San Pedro, Sanctuario, Santa Clara Pueblo, Servilleta Plaza, Sombrillo, Tierra Amarilla, Tira Amarilla, Truchas, Vallecitos, Velarde, Youngsville

Back to list

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.