Independent Power Corporation

3545 Airway Drive | Suite 103 | Reno NV 89511

Rating:

Based on 40 Reviews

To receive a free estimate on your solar requirements, please use the Solar Calculator below.

Company Description:

No description available.

Services:

Partners:

Hamilton Solar

Hamilton Solar is Nevada’s largest and most experienced solar company. Whether mounted on the roof or on the ground, our systems

allow you to take advantage of the reliable, clean, and renewable energy that shines down on Nevada over 300 days a year!

(1 reviews)

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

40 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

Solar Hot Water System for Residential Home

Solar Hot Water System for Residential Home

Excellent, I''ve done 3-projects with IPC.

Reviewed: 09/29/2013

Independent Power Corp Review

Good

Independent Power Corp Review

(no comments provided)

Reviewed: 06/17/2013

Reviewed: 05/29/2013

Reviewed: 04/24/2013

Reviewed: 04/22/2013

Independent Power Corp

Independent Power Corp

NuEnergy''s delay with their energy program pushed our installation back from June/July to

November/December

Reviewed: 03/13/2013

Independent Power

Independent Power

Have already recommended Independent Power to several people.

Reviewed: 03/13/2013

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Somewhat uncomfortable with the competence of the electrician.

Reviewed: 08/13/2012

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

There was a lot of delay due to paper errors of documents not being filed timely.

Reviewed: 06/14/2012

Click here for more details

Problems with delivery of equipment.

Reviewed: 05/10/2012

Click here for more details

Minor nicks and scratches on the new large water tanks, and there seemed to be some confusion coordinating

between sales, engineering and the installation team (causing a delay in start).

Reviewed: 05/09/2012

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Very professional work and very polite, knowledgeable, and timely communication.

Reviewed: 10/14/2011

Click here for more details

Great company to work with.

Reviewed: 10/14/2011

Reviewed: 10/12/2011

Average

Click here for more details

Carbon credit procedures was expected and not done by contractor

Reviewed: 10/03/2011

Reviewed: 09/13/2011

Reviewed: 07/13/2011

Click here for more details

Probably the best company I have done business with in the last 5 years.

Reviewed: 07/13/2011

Reviewed: 04/04/2011

Reviewed: 03/23/2011

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 03/15/2011

Click here for more details

Very professional and helpful from start to finish. Refreshingly honest and great to work with.

Reviewed: 04/25/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 04/16/2010

Click here for more details

Independent Power Corp were very friendly and listened to our needs and were open to everything we had to

say and explained everything in detail. A great bunch of people, Grace was excellent! Very pleased with how the job was done and it was finished AHEAD of schedule!!
Independent Power Corp applied for the Purchase Incentives and we didn`t have to do anything at all, they came to the house and everything was done in the comfort of our home. Great company! I have and will continue to refer all my friends, neighbors and family to Independent Power.

Reviewed: 04/07/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Type: other

Reviewed: 04/06/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Salesman left the company prior to installation. Minor coordination issues due to change of oversight

personnel.
Purchase incentive 30% tax credit

Reviewed: 09/15/2009

Click here for more details

Girl comments from wife: she appreciated how they cleaned up after themselves and didn`t make a mess

everywhere like most contractors do. I have had a total of 3 instalations by this company. 1st: 12-panals (about 1.5Kw) to our house, 2nd: then upgraded our house to a total of 36-panals (about 4.5Kw total) to house, 3rd: 12-panals (about 1.5Kw) to rental house. The 36-panals on our house covers my entire electric bill year round. (I use a lot of electric to pump water & irrigate 120 trees and an acre of lawn). The 12-panal house used to cover my rentors electric until he brought a girlfriend home to live with him. Now he will need another 12-24-panals to cover her electric bill (women-ah!) but the roof layout wont support adding more or I would. I was pleased to note that a) home owners insurance was glad to add a rider to cover the cost of the panals incase of loss, and b) that during this economic housing market collapse that adding the net-metering solar added value to my house as evidenced by a higher appraisal value after completion.
1st Absolutely the grant money from solar generations & the federal tax incentives motivated me & made it afordable. 2nd because I use so much electric, and the panals with net metering are essentially maintanance free for 30-years, I figured the payback for me is 7-10 years. After that its $ 100-300/month (depending on the month) savings or money in my pocket for 20-years. 3rd I`m way to busy at work (60-hours/week min) to be involved in this project. So having a company that can handle it from begining to end without me holding there hand is a must, and they did an admerable job. 4th Since I was the first & second home owner in my town to complete a net-metering solar project I was apprehensive about it increasing the value of my house. I took the gamble & it paid off. My house as evidenced from a recient appraisal after completion showed my house increased in value when everone else around me either lost value or stayed the same. This reflected an original appraisal upon purchase (spring 2006 before the housing bubble burst) and a subiquent reappraisal (spring 2009 after the housing bubble burst). I`ve had about a doozen people in our town come out for a site visit to see if this is right for them. 5th The company that I used IPC was great to work with. I had one problem that was not there issue but they took care of it anyway. They worked with both the county & city building inspectors to get the engineering approvals (since we are the 1st for our county & city--we`ve paved the way for others). The bldg inspectors were quite apprihensive since they`d never seen or heard of anything like this before. IPC took care of all the grant application process and the arranged so I`d just pay the net difference, which really helps from my cash flow perspective. 6th none of the inspectors had any issues with IPC instalation process on my houses (bldg city, bldg county, electrical contractor, sierra pacific--or what ever they call themselves now,). And finally, 3 instalations later and a total of 3-years later since the start of the 1st project, I have had zero problems and they have not had to come back to fix anything.

Reviewed: 07/24/2009

Reviewed: 07/24/2009

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 07/20/2009

Click here for more details

This is an adddition to a system previously installed by IPC. I am very happy with both the existing system

and now the addition which has doubled my output.
IPC took care of everything, which is what I wanted.

Reviewed: 06/07/2009

Click here for more details

Easy to work with. Fixed several problems caused by another contractor, with no hassel.

Reviewed: 08/16/2007

Click here for more details

System still to prove itself, but in general no complaints.
Do object to sales tax which I believe to be

counterproductive in consideration of current energy conservation programs.
Believe greater sales effort should be made in Yerington.

Reviewed: 07/09/2007

Click here for more details

They are marvelous ... considering the difficulty finding dependable and capable employees these days.

Reviewed: 04/18/2007

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Some scheduleing (PV panel supply) were beyond the company`s control.

Reviewed: 04/16/2007

Click here for more details

The staff is knowledgable and friendly. They worked closely with us to determine our needs and to design a

system to meet them. They handles the permits, inspections and rebate for us.

Reviewed: 04/10/2007

Great company and employees

Reviewed: 03/15/2007

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

The PV and solar pool heating work GREAT! The house has baseboard (hot water) heating and the solar domestic

hot water system deos not work too well for this. It delivers water at 80F (winter) to 125F (summer), but the boiler must provide 180F whenever space heating is required.

Reviewed: 03/01/2007

Reviewed: 08/16/2005

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

renewable energy decisions are driven by internal factors within our company.

Type: Commercial Electric

Reviewed: 08/09/2005

Click here for more details

They gave great advice and walked me through the entire process. I originally went to them asking for a

solar electric/solar thermal/wind system. Tehy evaluated my energy needs and uses, as well as local incentives, and designed teh system to maximize my return on investment. I would recommend them to anyone seeking to install a solar system.

Reviewed: 08/04/2005

Service Areas:

Nevada

Back to list

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.