Herca Solar

580 Airport Road | Ocean Side CA 92058   ...more

Rating:

Based on 16 Reviews

To receive a free estimate on your solar requirements, please use the Solar Calculator below.

Company Description:

Based in Oceanside, CA, Herca Solar services most of Southern California with our expertise in residential, commercial and government sectors of the solar industry.

With over 900 residential installs and various contracts from government agencies, including the barracks at Camp Pendleton, Herca Solar is confident in our capability to undertake any size job.

Our licensed install team and our in-house design engineers also allow us to provide the quality assurance we pride ourselves on.

These factors along with our 99% customer satisfaction rating earned us the status of Elite Sunpower Dealer in early 2011.

Services:

Partners:

Sungevity

Sungevity specializes in the design, financing, installation and maintenance of home solar systems. Our first of its kind $0 Down, 20

Year Solar Lease is the best deal in home solar.

(23 reviews)

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

16 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

Customer Service??

Good

Customer Service??

One of the systems Herca installed on my roof 9 mos ago stopped working. Still waiting for DAVE to call...

They were nice during installation but now I have a non working system.
Jim Y

Reviewed: 03/09/2014

Customer service

Substandard

Customer service

Customer service sucks.Can''t get company to respond to weak solar output much less trying to fix the

issue.

Reviewed: 10/30/2013

Refreshing Experience

Refreshing Experience

The experience I have had with Herca has been outstanding. I had a little grief with how long it took for my

panels to become available from the manufacturer, but I was made aware that it was likely going to happen. The installation crew came from 2 hours away and stayed at a local hotel for 3 days. They did a great job and answered all my ridiculous layperson questions. They cleaned up all their mess and never interrupted our daily routine.

Reviewed: 10/02/2013

Great solar power.

Great solar power.

We love having solar panels and living in California it''s the way to go. Where do you get more sun then

here.

Reviewed: 08/28/2013

Impressed

Impressed

I was really pleased by the quality of the system that I got and the amount that I paid for it. I''ve been

recommending them to any friends or family I happen to talk to about this.

Reviewed: 08/28/2013

Fallbrook, CA. ~ Ground Mount System.

Excellent

Fallbrook, CA. ~ Ground Mount System.

I courted 8 different Solar Companies during my selection process,two of which were immediately discounted

due to the ''hardsell'' attitude and weak system knowledge of the sales reps. On receiving the various bids I discounted the highest/lowest due to obvious lack of understanding of the requirements and the extreme upper/lower cost range in their bids.
I selected HERCA based on their engineering capability, overall knowledge and an inner sense of a willingness to work together for joint success. During the initial design/permit phase, I implemented certain suggestions which were additionally discussed with their Engineer as an effort to reduce our overall electrical footprint. These few suggestions were proven and incorporated to our design spec, to ensure the optimum system was obtained for both parties.
The "design-build" philosophy was apparent when the framed structure kit for the array arrived on site. I was impressed, not only by the simplicity of design, but equally important was the ease of handling and assembly,and subsequent safety for the technicians.
All the equipment that was supplied was of high quality and not built in Asia !!! (Initial selection criteria).
The installing technicians were well trained and of high integrity, no step was compromised in the effort to ensure a high quality installation was attained.
7 days after install complete we had received authorization to "light off" and commission the system. We are now experiencing our first month of solar minus the energy supplier extortion ~ FREEDOM ! Our installed system is producing in excess of our design spec ~ SATISFACTION !
HERCA is not a heavily advertised solar company, it doesn''t have the "glossies/freebies" ! What it does have is a small group of energised employees who work well as a TEAM!
I was an "informed" customer before going down this path to solar implemetation, I had done just enough homework to be dangerous!!
My personal experiences and daily interactions with the different and varied levels within the company were all positive and no question no matter how trivial it appeared was ever treated with disdain. Overall a very excellent customer experience from to start to finish. They say what they do and do what they say ~ Call them and experience for yourselves !! JAL........

Reviewed: 08/20/2013

My experience working with HERCA SOLAR

My experience working with HERCA SOLAR

1) Bid Process: Herca Solar came up with a number of suggestions, such as a more efficient pool pump, To

make thew overall size as small and thus as low cost as possible. Competitors did not go there at all.
2) Explanations where detailed and staff was always available to answer my questions that came up in my mind in the days following the initial system definition.
3) The crew was very proffesional. Roofers were very careful not to break tiles. The electricians
went out of their way to make the conduits as invisible as possible.
4) Upon completion, the site was cleaned up and no debris was left behind
5) All in all, a superb job

Reviewed: 08/18/2013

Maura
Herca Solar
08/19/2013
We are so happy you are pleased with your installation and the entire process! Thank you for the positive feedback.

4 months and no install: Terrible Company

Substandard

4 months and no install: Terrible Company

I decided to get Solar and was going with Herca. I signed up and was told a two month maximum install time.

I was paying cash and gave a deposit. After four months (December) they still had not started my install and after every excuse in the book I spoke with Roy (who gave me the impression of a sleazy sales guy) and he promised the install would start that week, needless to say it was just another lie and nothing happened.

After asking for my money back as they failed to start the project four months after I paid them to start, I had to take my business to a company who would actually deliver what they promised. Judging by the general manager Mike, it seems like this company has more managers then staff, and seem to do a bit of marketing, but they make empty promises and take forever to get things done.

I asked for my initial payment back when nothing took place and I spoke with Mike the general manager. He was a bumbling type who said we are sorry, but he would not do anything to make it right.

Reviewed: 04/06/2013

Click here for more details

We are very happy with our ground mount solar system.

Reviewed: 06/30/2012

Reviewed: 03/30/2012

Click here for more details

The reason why I gave low marks in the Schedule and Contract Terms section is that a back-order issue

significantly delayed my installation. Although Herca Solar was not at fault for this back-order, I feel that there wasn`t enough effort on their part to communicate this delay to the customer. On several occasions I emailed my installation coordinator at Herca and received absolutely no response until I escalated the communication to others in the company. A reply as simple as "the panels are still back-ordered and we are still trying to find out when they will be available" would have been satisfactory. Herca-driven communication with the customer would be preferable to customer-driven communication.

Reviewed: 03/30/2012

Reviewed: 01/25/2011

Reviewed: 01/18/2011

Reviewed: 01/14/2011

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 01/14/2011

Click here for more details

Fantastic customer service. Everyone was very friendly and answered all my questions promptly.

Reviewed: 01/11/2011

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.