Fire Mountain Solar LLC

Rating:

Based on 80 Reviews

Pre-Screened Solar Pro

Company Description:

Since 2001, we have been providing clean energy solutions for homes and businesses throughout Washington. We are a full-service contractor with an honest, friendly, and helpful approach, and a proven commitment to unparalleled customer service.

Family-owned and operated Fire Mountain Solar has been providing clean energy solutions and educating people about solar energy and incentives that help you recoup your cost. We understand that renewable energy is a significant investment and that there are many questions you need answered before you decide to move forward.

We work hard to fully understand your clean power objectives, and then make recommendations based on your goals, and our experience and knowledge. This ensures you get to choose from the best solutions and options for you.

You can get everything you need to generate your own power, whether it is solar system design&installation, or products you install yourself. We can help you reduce or eliminate much of the electricity you purchase from your utility, or help you bring electricity to a location where utility power is not available.

Providing renewable energy solutions is more than our business; it’s our way of life. Our company operated completely off the grid (2001-2014) with the sun, wind and batteries providing the power we needed to run our busy operations.

Services:

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

80 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

Solar set up with Fire Mountain

Solar set up with Fire Mountain

After thinking about adding solar for years, we finally decided this year to have an evaluation as find out

what it would entail and what results to expect. Our son had just had his panels installed by Fire Mountain and was very happy with the process.
From the first phone call to final hook up we were happy with Fire Mountain.
It was more like dealing with friends than with a business.
Every concern and question was answered and the incentives explained clearly. The readings are easy to understand and we follow our production daily. We have seen our electric bill drop by more than half and find that our production is even more than predicted. We recommend Fire Mountain to friends and encourage them with our satisfaction.
Thank you to Fire Mountain and all of the friendly and helpful staff

Reviewed: 12/28/2015

Crosscut

Crosscut

Very good install and the team was great to work with.

Reviewed: 12/16/2015

Satisfied in Anacortes

Satisfied in Anacortes

I was first exposed to Fire Mountain during an informational night at the Skagit Valley Food Coop. I was

very impressed with the knowledge and approach of Tim and his team, and had no reservations about pursuing a quote, hoping to end up with a reliable solar installation. My experience was very positive. I found Fire Mountain''s follow up and customer service to be excellent. I would have no reservation in recommending this company or the products they install.

Reviewed: 11/20/2015

HAPPY ENERGY

HAPPY ENERGY

All employee contact from Fire Mountain have been continually helpful, courteous, cheerful and ready to help

in any way. Our first meeting for the appraisal was very enjoyable and all of the questions we had were answered. When the person arrived to measure the reception of sun on our roof and look at our panel, I was so impressed with the information that was obtained regarding the yearly pattern of sunlight. The installment of the panels only took 3 days. We now have Solar power! We also have the program on our computer to read the output of all the panels. Fire Mountain also monitors the panels for quality output and any irregularities that might need repair on the panels. They continue to check in and are happy to do so. We feel pleased to know that we are in good hands.
We are confident that we are making our carbon imprint less.

Reviewed: 11/13/2015

Fine experience...

Fine experience...

We selected Fire Mountain after interviewing them plus 3 others. Pricing was pretty similar, but Fire

Mountain impressed us with their knowledge, thoughtfulness and attention to detail. The tie-breaker was the good reviews that we got from people in the area that we know that had used them recently. Our installation was a little bit tricky in terms of access and staging, but they worked through it just fine. Everything is up and running, as promised.

Reviewed: 08/28/2015

Extremely Positive Experience-Start to Finish

Extremely Positive Experience-Start to Finish

I had done my homework but still had a lot of questions. The Fire Mountain folks patiently answered every

one of them. Everyone was extremely professional from start to finish. The quote and site evaluation were understandable and concise. They helped us with all the state and local utility forms and applications. They showed up when they promised. The installation was clean and well done. I would use these folks again without hesitation.

Reviewed: 08/07/2015

Gamache Project

Gamache Project

The entire process from begining to end was professional, organized and met 100% of what was promised.

The team was great and we were making power within 6 days of install. They followed up with us often and kept the project on track! I highly recommend Fire Mountain Solar for your project!

Reviewed: 07/24/2015

7.28kW Blue Frog / Itek System

Good

7.28kW Blue Frog / Itek System

I am very happy with my system. The information provided upfront and the proposal were very thorough. The

installation was very well done, but did take several days longer than stated. The support after the installation has been excellent. I really like the online monitoring of the Blue Frog inverters.

Reviewed: 07/22/2015

Love our Solar

Love our Solar

We had Fire Mountain install our system. They were clear about what was needed, what positives our site

offered and how the process would work. Workers were considerate, timely, and prepared for our job. The installation and approval by PSE was easy as well. The office staff and contact people were also easy to talk with and clear in giving us directions.

Reviewed: 07/22/2015

Loving the sun in the Pacific Northwest!

Excellent

Loving the sun in the Pacific Northwest!

We are like most people- new at this solar thing. We had a great experience with Fire Mountain Solar on a

8.91 (33 panel) array placed on our property on a small island in Washington State. They did a good job of educating us, installed the system without problem and best of all, we''re watching the meter tick over as the panels silently do their job. It feels great to be using this amazing resource called the sun! Thanks Fire Mountain!

Reviewed: 06/15/2015

Schmidt Home

Schmidt Home

Fire Mountain Solar did a great job on our house. They set expectations well and completed the job

quickly. In 2 months we''ve made almost $1000 on our FIT with PSE. Since then we have been telling everyone to get their home checked for solar viability.

Reviewed: 05/28/2015

Solar is Cool!

Solar is Cool!

Just got a Solar System installed at my residence by Fire Mountain Solar with all Washington made gear, Itek

panels and OutBack Power devices. Process from top to bottom was great with great quality on worksmanship and installation.

Reviewed: 04/30/2015

Great to Work With, Easy Installation

Great to Work With, Easy Installation

From the first call, this company was really easy to work with. Joan helped us to figure out all the costs

and the payoff plan. Once the install was scheduled, it was quick and we didn''t even need to be home while it happened. Afterward, they sent someone to walk through the entire system with us to explain everything. We have no complaints about Fire Mountain Solar and would definitely use them again if we get more panels.

Reviewed: 04/23/2015

Great Work

Great Work

Fast, helpful, and a great price

Reviewed: 02/10/2015

Professional

Professional

We would recommend Fire Mountain Solar to anyone. They are professional, friendly, easy to talk to and

quick with response. The owner is hands on and continually checking to be sure the customer is happy and understands the process. The installer are also professional, neat and very safety cautious. Top quality work. We checked out others, extremely happy we went with Fire Mountain.

Reviewed: 01/28/2015

Brj

Bill jones

Bill jones

They met all deadlines and bs kept me informed all the way thru the install

Reviewed: 12/31/2014

9.75 KW installed Solar System

9.75 KW installed Solar System

I am exceptionally pleased with the installation of the entire system and pleased that Tim the owner was on

site a number of times. The system is exactly as the agreement said it would be and I am making money each day even with 2 inches of snow on the panels.
Jim in Gold Bar

Reviewed: 12/16/2014

Expert installation, friendly service

Expert installation, friendly service

We contacted three companies when contemplating our solar project.Tim of Fire Mountain was the first to

reply. After meeting with the various companies'' reps we felt Fire Mountain was the best choice for our contractor, as Tim was very personable, knowledgeable and easy to work with.
The Fire Mountain crew was a delight. Though busy working they were happy to answer all my little questions, giving me a good knowledge of my system and "how it all works". They completed the project in a timely manner and left no mess. Tim walked us through the system''s operations and assured us they were there to help with any questions or concerns.
Alana and the office staff are helpful, friendly and efficient. A recent service query was answered quickly and completely. We have already recommended Fire Mountain to many of our friends and will continue to do so.

Type: Other

Reviewed: 12/03/2014

Just Do It

Just Do It

The permitting process takes time, so start early to get your system up and running in time for the long

summer days. Fire Mountain does a neat and tidy job and you will be happy with the result.

Reviewed: 11/27/2014

100%

100%

My experience with Tim and Joan at Fire Mountain was as good as it gets! Zero pressure, lots of info

including a short seminar, excellent communication, timely install, no mess. There was a supply delay for my inverters and they upgraded me to another better brand at no cost. Joan has been patient with me and is very helpful with the refund and incentive paperwork routine. Overall could not be happier!

Reviewed: 11/20/2014

Couldn't be happier with our Made in WA Solar Panels

Couldn't be happier with our Made in WA Solar Panels

Fire Mountain Solar was recommended to us by two separate sources. One was a company, on my way to work,

where I stopped to ask about their installation. From the first phone call thru installation and making sure that the state and PUD had all the paper work necessary for optimum rebates, they were on top of the ball. ALL our questions were answered and they even answered our neighbors'' questions. We can''t be any happier with our system. Thank you Fire Mountain Solar!

Reviewed: 11/19/2014

Very happy with Fire Mountain Solar

Very happy with Fire Mountain Solar

Tim, Alana and Joan were very helpful, courteous, professional and friendly. The installers were very

competent and friendly, and quick workers. I would recommend Fire Mountain Solar for any installations in the area!

Reviewed: 09/29/2014

more then enough information

more then enough information

I would like to commend FM for having excellent customer service. Being not familiar and a bit uncomfortable

with the Solar process each and every question asked was answered promptly. other contractors took more time than I thought necessary. FM made me feel at ease and lifted the stress.
I would recommend FM to family and friends if they ever decide to look into Solar Panels.

Reviewed: 09/18/2014

A Wonderful Company

A Wonderful Company

We installed our 9.72 KW solar array in June, 2014. We received quotes from 3 companies and Tim''s company

stood out from the start. Tim, his subcontractors as well as his crew are highly professional and I cannot say enough good things about them and our experience with his company. At the beginning of our project we found out that the company that manufactures our made-in-Washington equipment was inundated with orders (which pushed our project out 2-3 weeks) and Tim and his group worked their magic to get our project done at the originally-scheduled time. That is just one example of how they surpassed our expectations with regards to customer service. I also appreciated Tim''s electrical knowledge at the beginning, avoiding having to wait for answers from a third party/sub. I cannot recommend Tim enough. I am confident his business can handle anything from a small residential to a large-scale application. This is a family-owned/operated business that will not let you down. Thanks, Tim!

Reviewed: 08/21/2014

Helpful, responsive, and conscientious

Helpful, responsive, and conscientious

We installed the system ourselves but Tim was instrumental in helping us design the best system for our

remote site in British Columbia. He was always very responsive to emails.
We picked up all the equipment from their ''warehouse'' near Mt Vernon, WA. A couple of pieces got left behind but it was no problem: FMS forwarded them on to us immediately at no charge. Highly recommended.

Reviewed: 08/18/2014

Solar panel installation

Solar panel installation

Installation was excellent, installers were professional and very informative.

Reviewed: 08/06/2014

Valentine House

Valentine House

Tim and everyone at Fire Mountain were excellent. They gave us all the info we needed before we decided to

install. The installation went smoothly, the crew was professional, very competent, and efficient. Tim handled all the hookups with the local power company. We are producing power! We couldn''t be more pleased.

Reviewed: 05/15/2014

Solar Review

Solar Review

Fire Mountain was spot on. Not only was Fire Mountain the best bid, but I could not have asked for better

service. On time, on budget, kw production is about as predicted and it looks great.

Reviewed: 04/08/2014

So excited

So excited

When I had last checked solar PV didn''t make enough sense for my situation. But then I attended a local

seminar and learned about new products and pricing. I called Fire Mountain to see if they handled the local panels/inverters and was pleased to hear that they did, and they could get them installed quickly and at reasonable cost. My meter isn''t running backwards in December, but I really enjoy looking at the website where my power generation is displayed.

Reviewed: 01/02/2014

gib

My PV system install

My PV system install

Fire Mountain Solar LLC designed installed my PV system. Their price was below others who I contacted.

Their instalation was flawless,and was completed in two days. I strongly recommend this company.

Reviewed: 01/01/2014

gib
01/01/2014

Really Professional

Good

Really Professional

Really professional and very courteous. They got the installation done quickly. Fire Mountain was a pleasure

to work with throughout the process.

Reviewed: 11/15/2013

Horrible service and installation

Substandard

Horrible service and installation

I hired FMS 8 years ago to install a hybrid solar/ wind system and Tim did nothing right in the

installation. He told me the wrong wire size to bury for the wind turbine ($1,500), wrong size pipe for the solar rack ($400), and the wiring is a mess. right now I am working with an electrician to get it all cleaned up and I''m looking at another $5,000 to get that done.
Before you hire FMS, do some research and find a quality installer.

Reviewed: 10/23/2013

We are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience using us as your solar contractor in 2005. Tim would welcome the opportunity to review a report from your electrician as to the specifics of his findings, and to discuss any issues with you.

Our goal is for every client to be satisfied with their experience using us as their solar contractor, and we sincerely regret that was not your experience.

oso

Good Solar, Did Not Listen Electrical

Average

Good Solar, Did Not Listen Electrical

Fire Mountain Solar (five stars)
was a nice clean installation. The same could not be said for the

electrical contractor they used. (one star)

I am planning the installation of another inverter at a later time. I discussed my future plans with the contractor and we came to a solution which would create a minimum of modification of the installed system.

But instead of keeping the new inverter as close to the existing sub-panel, he did not mount it using the minimal distance (1" suggested by manufacturer), used existing conduit which I told them I had installed for a specific separate purpose, ran wires through the sub-panel which makes the wiring of the sub-panel much more difficult, and placed a large conduit on the surface of the wall instead of under the surface as I had requested.

As a result, when I add more equipment, I will have to totally move and rewire the equipment they installed.

Reviewed: 10/01/2013

Thank you for letting us know about your disappointment with the electrical portion of our installation. We regret that you were less than satisfied with any aspect of our work, and we will be in touch with you to discuss the issues and work to resolve them to your satisfaction.

Job Well Done

Job Well Done

Seldom does a project go without a hitch. BUT, our job with Fire Mountain Solar was an exception. Tim Nelson

of Fire Mountain Solar did an outstanding job. We had a narrow time frame to schedule installation of our roof top solar panels, which was about 6 weeks after we signed the contract. Tim obtained the necessary permits and had material and his crew ready on the start date. He had coordinated with Snohomish PUD and had his electrical subcontractor ready to go. The project was completed on time and on budget. The work sight was cleaned up every evening. He worked long hours to finish as promised. After the work was done, he showed us how the system worked, provided manuals, and came back to verfy that system was working propertly. Truly, a great experience.

Reviewed: 09/06/2013

great customer srvc

great customer srvc

Tim was prompt in bidding the job and did a very nice clean job. Very responsive at getting the paperwork

pushed thru when PSE and the State didnt do their part.

Reviewed: 09/04/2013

Outstanding service

Outstanding service

Fire Mountain Solar LLC exceeded expectations in every regard on our solar photovoltaic project.

When we requested a quote they came out, did a thorough survey of the solar exposure of our roof, and replied with a detailed and complete bid. We requested some modifications from the design they had proposed, and they worked with us enthusiastically to make sure we had the best system installed. Their bid was well below the one other bid we received, and more complete. The installation was well done and went according to schedule.

They provided excellent support after the installation. When Snohomish PUB was slow to install new meters for the system, Fire Mountain gave them a call for us, and the meter was installed the next day. One panel had a problem with its inverted connection, and Fire Mountain corrected the problem right away. Our system has worked problem-free for a year and a half.

We would recommend Fire Mountain Solar LLC without qualification.

Reviewed: 03/02/2013

Excellent service

Excellent service

Fire Mountain kept me up to date at all times during the installation process and handled their end on

schedule. Very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

Reviewed: 03/01/2013

Couldn't be happier!

Couldn't be happier!

Fire Mountain Solar is an extremely professional, supportive, and pleasant company with which to work. From

the no-obligation estimate and proposal to installation and follow-up support, FMS was there. They even helped when we later had an inverter problem. We highly recommend this company!

Reviewed: 02/28/2013

Click here for more details

They did a fantastic job!!

Reviewed: 01/04/2013

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 11/16/2012

Reviewed: 11/09/2012

Reviewed: 11/07/2012

Click here for more details

I thought Tim and Alana were great to work with, patiently answering all my questions, and proceeding per

plan and schedule. Great contractors, and love the solar. Only drawback may have been running the electrical conduit directly across garage wall instead of tucked in under eaves.
We`re fully satisfied with the installation of our solar - so far anyway and with no reason not to remain satisfied.

Reviewed: 09/26/2012

Reviewed: 08/20/2012

Click here for more details

Fire Mountain was a very easy company to work with, answering all questions or concerns in a very timely,

helpful, and pleasant manner.
Very satisfied with the entire process as managed by Fire Mountain Solar.

Reviewed: 08/07/2012

Click here for more details

Only two hiccups in the entire process. First, we explained that this was new construction and we were told

that that didn`t matter in the installation process. It would have been an easier installation if the system had been installed before the interior garage walls had been finished. The other hiccup was with the installation contractor. They had an issue in their crew that affected the timeliness of my installation. It took them a week longer than originally estimated. Over all I am extremely satisfied with Fire Mountain Solar LLC.
Fire Mountain Solar LLC did a tremendous job of handling the paperwork and getting everything lined up. I will use them in the future as the need arises.

Reviewed: 08/07/2012

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 07/27/2012

Click here for more details

Outstanding in every way... from initial contact, to site visit and development of estimates and plans, to

installation and post-installation contact.
Couldn`t be happier, and would recommend Fire Mountain Solar to anyone!

Reviewed: 07/26/2012

Reviewed: 06/09/2012

Click here for more details

Pleasant company to do business with. No hassles, no worries.
Contractor made the process worry

free.

Reviewed: 04/24/2012

Reviewed: 12/05/2011

Click here for more details

I highly recommend Fire Mountain Solar.

Reviewed: 11/17/2011

Click here for more details

The work corrections to be done were a result of a previous contractor I had hired years

s before.

Reviewed: 08/03/2011

Click here for more details

We had to seek approval from neighbors to satisfy covenant requirements. Fire Mountain Solar was extremely

helpful with the neighbors, inviting us and the neighbors to visit their own solar home on their day off. Response to questions and concerns was usually within a couple of hours. When the utility was slow to complete meter installations, Fire Mountain Solar phoned the utility, with the result that the meters were installed the same day.

Reviewed: 06/08/2011

Reviewed: 06/03/2011

Click here for more details

Very professional and easy to work with. Extremely satisfied with their service.

Reviewed: 06/02/2011

Click here for more details

Fire Mountain Solar conducted themselves very professionally and I was very happy with the completed system.

It is working very well.

Reviewed: 05/04/2011

Click here for more details

Good solid honest folks. Very neat workmanship. Solid subcontractor help.
The incentives are

essential.

Reviewed: 02/03/2011

Click here for more details

I am planning additional private work and in the process of writing several grants. I will use Fire Mountain

every time I can. Great people. Recommend without reservation.

Reviewed: 02/01/2011

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 12/17/2010

Click here for more details

Electrical Subcontractor Fire Mountain uses would also receive my highest rating. A great team.

Reviewed: 10/22/2010

Click here for more details

Fire Mountain Solar completely explained all aspects of solar power, from introduction to final sale, and

all options they had to offer. We had one other big company give us a bid, but incomparison they fell alittle short. And were about 25% more in cost for the same componants and labor and warranty. I couldn`t be any happier.

Reviewed: 04/22/2010

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 01/21/2010

Reviewed: 11/30/2009

Click here for more details

Tim Nelson and Fire Mountain Solar did a great job with the installation. The only complications were

related to the Public Utility District Process and the Department of Labor and Industry inspection.

Reviewed: 10/30/2009

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 10/15/2009

Reviewed: 07/20/2009

Click here for more details

Fire Mountain Solar and Tim Nelson were excellent to work with. We highly recommend this company. Tim always

responded in a quick, efficient and professional manner. He always answered our questions with patience and was eager to help us understand solar installations. We have a family member who has designed residential and commerical systems in California and when he looked over the quotes from Fire Mountain Solar he was extremely impressed with their bid and presentation.

We had asked for references, and they were provided with out any delay. All the references were great. Independent of a Fire Mountain Solar reference referral before we made our final decision, we had met another family who had their solar system installed by Fire Mountain Solar and they affirmed our feelings that Fire Mountain was a great company to work with.

The installation was extremely smooth and exactly as Tim described. He and his electrician were both very personable and professional. We highly recommend Fire Mountain Solar for your Solar installation.

Richard and Jeanna Carter
Lopez Island, WA
Fire Mountain Solar guided us through every step of the process. They were very patience as we developed an understanding of the permitting and incentive programs process.

We had gotten other bids for the installation, but none were as clear and concise as Fire Mountain Solar.

Reviewed: 07/13/2009

Reviewed: 12/02/2008

Click here for more details

Our experience with Fire Mountain Solar was good . They seem to really know there stiff and were very fair

.The work was done on time and we are getting about what we expected out of our system

Reviewed: 11/26/2008

Reviewed: 10/17/2008

Click here for more details

Very clean, neat, and professional installation. Communication with Tim at Fire Mountain Solar has always

been clear and timely both by e-mail and phone. He work with our roofer to get mounting standoffs installed during roof replacement prior to solar installation.
We considered solar in 2003 but upgraded to a high-efficiency gas furnace at that time. Payback on solar is long-term but seems the right way to go.

Reviewed: 05/13/2008

Reviewed: 01/30/2008

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

Reviewed: 01/27/2008

Click here for more details

Well explained, on budget and on time.

Reviewed: 01/26/2008

Click here for more details

In addition to providing excellent communication on the PV install Fire Mountain Solar help with techincal

advise on our HVAC/Heat pump installation.

Type: Commercial Electric

Reviewed: 09/10/2007

Click here for more details

Good

Click here for more details

It would be nice to be given printed information explaining the meters and what the readings mean. We are

still waiting for that information and have asked different parties involved and no one has produced material as of today.

However, we love our system and wish we had more space and $$ for a larger system. But we made our ivestment knowing that those who live in the house from here on out will reap the benefits even if we do not see a couple return on our investment.
FireMountain Solar was patient and informative in educating us on what would be best for our situation and not letting us go at this without full knowledge of what we would get from our system. Banner Electric was also helpful and tidy in doing the electrical work and both companies will get an excellent reference from us.
we chose to put in a solar system for environmental and global warming reasons. Our influence came from our environment and our commitment to trying to do what is better for global health. The choices above all seem commercial linked and it is a more personal influence that guided our decision.

Reviewed: 08/09/2007

Click here for more details

other than a small and very minor delay in getting materials, Fire Mountain Solar is a company I would

reccomend to any and everyone. Great company. Great people. Richard H. Clise
It`s working great.

Reviewed: 01/23/2007

Click here for more details

This has been the most well handled project we have dealt with on our property. Tim gave me the information

I needed to make a decision over time. He answered my questions honestly. I was never pressured to decide. Everything happened according to the schedule I was given. I appreciated Tim`s follow-up calls. I am glad to have an opportunity to make a difference in how we use resources. I appreciate Fire Mountain Solar`s commitment to making this accessible.

Reviewed: 01/02/2007

Click here for more details

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working with the folks at Fire Mountain Solar. They were prompt,

professional, and---most important---VERY accessible during all phases of the project. I have already recommended them to numerous people, and will continue to do so
Installing a system like this is something that I have wantd to do for at least the past 20 years. I worked with fledgling solar energy projects brriefly back in the 1970`s, and have been waiting for an opportunity to do one on my own home ever since

Reviewed: 12/27/2006

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.