Electron Solar Energy (OUT OF BUSINESS)

| Miami FL

Rating:

Based on 11 Reviews

To receive a free estimate on your solar requirements, please use the Solar Calculator below.

Company Description:

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

11 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

solar sucker

33331, FL

Appears they're out of business

Appears they're out of business

Have a 2 year old letter signed by Chris Quinn acknowledging he owes me $5,000 - he''s disappeared. Anyone

knowing anything re his whereabouts please email ken @ muarefl@yahoo.com Our project was a disaster from start to finish...

Reviewed: 11/23/2015

Chris Quinn / Electron Solar Energy

Chris Quinn / Electron Solar Energy

Be very aware. Chris Quinn is a professional con artist. I''ve contracted them for a solar installation on

my house. They were very nice and very responsive before the downpayment.

Fortunately, I started with a smaller solar heating system for my pool. After taking the downpayment and after a few months, they end up installing something on my roof, I say something, because whatever he installed just does not work, it only created leaks and problems to my pool, that I ended repairing myself. In the process of installation they broke my roof, which I had to pay at my own expense. So at the end I lost the money for that system, the roof repair and a deposit of $1,000 he convinced me to pay so that I could qualify for the FPL rebate.

After they took the full payment, the company and its owner Chris Quinn just disappeared. They don''t respond to phone calls, emails, BBB or attorney demands. From time to time he responded and at one point he gave me a check for the repair of my roof. The check had no funds! after that day he just never showed up again.

Do your research! They are not licensed, but work under Alfonso Electric contractor''s license, who will soon have complaints listed on their DBPR profile. They have an F from BBB. They pride on being the only solar publicly traded company in Florida - their stock is almost at $0, they don''t file any reports and are labeled as crooks by most reviewers on their company performance!

Chris Quinn is now operating under a different company, so be very aware. I don''t understand why people like him are still out there operating.

With the help of my lawyer I am just making sure I file every complain possible with city officials.

Reviewed: 07/22/2013

solar sucker

33331, FL

Electron Solar Energy

Electron Solar Energy

Gawd I wish I''d done MY homework. Check BBB. It has taken 2 YEARS of constant badgering and they''re still

not finished. They blew EVERY suspense when I could even get them to give me one, FPL rebate was lost and they HAVE NOT HONORED PAYING IT AS THEY PROMISED, they repeatedly failed inspections requiring multiple days of lost work so that I could be home to "supervise," they failed to get permitting required and I''ve been harassed by HOA and City Permitting as to why permits have weren''t obtained PRIOR to work. Chris Quinn and Kevin Kohler have more excuses... Their one honest employee, Spencer, quit months ago. I JUST found an email from Aug 2012: " ...we''re now a month AFTER I was told this project would be completed and functioning. I have a string of emails and un-kept promises spanning over 15 months. Shall we re-engage? I have a garage full of solar panels that were to be installed and project completed early August. We''ve now gone from the 4th of July to Labor Day with no action. I''ve been polite. I''ve been patient. I believe I''ve been professional. I''d appreciate the same and a call today." Check out the date of this posting - still aint done! Incredible... I would really like to meet ANYONE who has had a positive experience w/ them. Note none of them made comments; do they really exist?

Reviewed: 05/09/2013

Click here for more details

The company and the owner Chris Quinn took a hefty downpayment and never even started the project. They are

unreachable, did not return the money, do not respond to BBB inquiries and will be facing legal action in court.

Type: Residential Electric, Residential Hot Water

Reviewed: 12/27/2011

Click here for more details

We found the integrity of this company poor. We do not recommend them.

Type: Residential Electric, Residential Hot Water, Pool

Reviewed: 12/07/2010

Click here for more details

The contract for a 5KW PV system, hot water system, pool heater, 2 attic barn fans for
$ 59,810.00 was

signed on Nov 24, 2009 in presence of Tom Gara and Spencer Ohlmeyer to be conpleted by the end of Dec 2009 to obtain the tax rebates and tax credits.
We paid $ $ 50,886.00 up front to move the project along. By February 2010, only the hot water system was up and running. Some work was done for the pool heater, but nothing else has been started or completed. There is no more E-Mail, no timeline to finish this project from the company. This is absolutely terrible. We thought we were dealing with
a reputable company and good people.
The contractor has Power of Attorney to get all the permits and inspections.
we don`t know if any permits were pulled. Any way the job is far from complete,
In fact the 5KW PV system has not even been started. It looks like the only people that are going to make money on this job are the lawyers. Business reputation does not seem to make any difference to those people unless your association has some positive influence.

Type: Residential Hot Water

Great company.

Type: Residential Electric, Residential Hot Water

Reviewed: 06/29/2009

Click here for more details

Lack of communication, misinformation and numerous delays.

Type: Residential Electric, Residential Hot Water, Pool

Reviewed: 06/29/2009

Service Areas:

Florida
Miami-Dade County
Aeropost, Air Mail Facility, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Barry University, Bay Harbor Is, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park, Brickell, C Gables, Carl Fisher, Carol City, Coconut Gr, Coconut Grove, Coral, Coral Gables, Coral Gbls, Country Lakes, Crossings, Cutler Bay, Cutler Ridge, Doral, Dr Martin Luther King Jr, El Portal, Everglades National Park, Father Felix Varela, Fisher Island, Flamingo Ldge, Flamingo Lodge, Flinternational Univ, Florida City, Florida International Univ, Florida Power & Light Co, Gables, Gables by the Sea, Golden Beach, Goulds, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Hialeah Gdns, Hialeah Lakes, Homestead, Homestead AFB, Homestead Air Force Base, Ind Crk Vlg, Indian Creek, Indian Creek Village, International Service Center, Jerome, Kendall, Key Biscayne, Keystone Islands, Leisure City, Ludlam, Medley, Mia Shores, Mia Shrs, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, Miami Springs, Milam Dairy, Modello, Morales Discount Pharmacy, N Miami Beach, Naranja, Nmb, Normandy, Normandy Isle, North Bay Village, North Bay Vlg, North Miami, North Miami Bch, North Miami Beach, Ochopee, Ojus, Olympia Heights, Olympia Hgts, Opa Locka, Palm Springs North, Palmetto Bay, Perrine, Pinecrest, Pinecrest Postal Store, Princeton, Quail Heights, Redland, Richmond Heights, Seybold, Skyshop Logistics Inc, Snapper Creek, South Miami, South Miami Heights, Sunny Isl Bch, Sunny Isles, Sunny Isles Beach, Sunset Island, Surfside, Sweetwater, Town & Country Postal Store, Uleta, Univ of Miami, University of Miami, Venetian Islands, Village of Palmetto Bay, Village of Pinecrest, Virginia Gardens, Virginia Gdns, West Dade, West Miami, Westchester

Back to list

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.