Brightstar Solar

611 Hosmer Street | Marlborough MA 01752

Rating:

Based on 38 Reviews

To receive a free estimate on your solar requirements, please use the Solar Calculator below.

Company Description:

No description available.

Twin State Sun

Twin State Sun is a local business located out of New London, NH. We have teamed up with SunEdison to offer are customers the best

solar install that has the best warrantee in the market .20 years all equipment are covered parts and labor. More bel

(2 reviews)

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

38 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

outstanding company

outstanding company

I interviewed 6 companies and entertained their respective estimates. In a nutshell, there was Brightstar

and then everyone else was a very distant runner up. Jon and Mona were ALWAYS accessible, extremely professional, patient, and understanding. Their crews were extension of their values and exemplified care and concern for our property. There are many options for residential solar, however there is only one voice...BRIGHTSTAR.

Reviewed: 06/14/2015

Strongly recommend

Strongly recommend

Jon and Mona were excellent to deal with. They presented us with a very detailed plan for our home. They

were on time and always keep our General Contractor in the loop. They work well with other contractors and their work is neat and through. If you are looking at solar, you should definately give them an opportunity.

Reviewed: 10/16/2014

Reviewed: 02/24/2013

Click here for more details

Jon & Mona were wonderful to deal with - they communicated everything clearly and completely and they

take great pride in their work. I love that they are a small, family owned business, who do the work themselves and hire their own employees, rather than contract out the various aspects of the job. They set the bar very high for themselves when they laid out their proposal to us and they absolutely met the bar. I am very happy with the solar panel manufacturing company they used for our solar panels and would recommend them as well.
Jon and Mona have a complete understanding of the solar panel installation process, beginning with federal, state and local requirements and ending with working with the local utility companies and the SREC aggregators. They left nothing to chance and allowed us to rely entirely on their expertise and support from the first step in the proces to the last step and continuing today. I could not recommend BrightStar Solar any more highly.

Reviewed: 02/23/2013

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona from BrightStar were awesome to work with. I would recommend them to anyone who was doing a

Solar installation. Top-notch and professional people.
Once again, BrightStar was very good to work with. Very trusting and professional folks.

Reviewed: 02/20/2013

Click here for more details

Very professional, knowledgeable and able to work effectively with other contractors to get the system

installed, configured and enabled.

Reviewed: 02/12/2013

Reviewed: 02/11/2013

Click here for more details

John and Mona of Brightstar are very friendly and great to deal with. They offered a very detailed and

lowest price quote up front and have answered my every question before, during, and even after the install was completed. I highly recommend them to everyone that asks me about solar.

Reviewed: 02/08/2013

Reviewed: 02/08/2013

Click here for more details

Brightstar made the process seemless. Their prices were in line with the other vendors. There customer

service skills were the determining factor for me. Any procedural delays were promptly communicated. They were easy to get hold of for questions. They were almost always accessible by phone and email. If i left a message, it was returned very quickly. The workers were great, clean, no mess. If the monitoring system is down, they let know. At tax time, the information was promptly and clearly provided. The system works and looks great.
The State and Federal incentives influenced my decision, given the price of the system.

Excellent work!

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona were professional/knowledgable and a joy to work with and have work on our home PV system.

Installation was neatly done and job site remained clean throughout the process. They did a fantastic job in every aspect of the presentation, installation and turn-up process. Couldn`t have asked for a better experience from a contractor.
They did all the paperwork and we just went through each document together and then signed off on them. Very happy with the process that BrightStar Solar provided us. The perfect Solar contractor.....wish all my other contractors over the years had been this nice to work with and this good.

Reviewed: 02/05/2013

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona were extremely professional, knowledgeable and delightful to work with. We are very pleased

with our installation and hoping for lots of sun.

Reviewed: 02/04/2013

Click here for more details

Bright Star Solar is an exceptional company to do business with, nothing but professionalism and

integrity...we are totally satisfied with the quality and outstanding relationship they`ve provided from beginning to end of project.

Reviewed: 09/07/2012

Here`s a write-up on Brightstar that I wrote for Yelp:
Brightstar Solar installed a 4.2 kwh Yingli

system on my home in Quincy earlier this year and it is working great! I could not have been happier with the experience, assistance, information, and installation that Brighstar offered.

The highlights:
- Brightstar is owner operated by John and Mona Reese, both of whom are extremely helpful, friendly, committed to solar, and knowledgeable about the entire solar industry. There are a number of very concrete reasons why Brightstar is a great company, but the trust and knowledge that Mona and Jon bring to the table is what truly sets the company apart, and when you`re buying a $ 20,000 system ($ 10,000 out of your own pocket after tax credits), you want a trustworthy, knowledgeable company.
- Mona was able to answer questions regarding tax breaks and financing that no other solar company could (I tried!). She walked me through and helped me with every piece of paperwork along the way, as well as answering my many questions regarding potential tax breaks, financing programs, and much more!
- Jon crafts a solar system to fit your needs using products from a wide range of manufacturers perfectly tailored for the system - as opposed to rolling out a cookie cutter system regardless of your system size or budget. I contacted 5 other local solar installers, received detailed quotes from three of them, and no one`s system was more thoughtfully designed or offered as much customizability as Brightstar`s. Brightstar was willing to install any type of panel that I wanted and walked me through the advantages and disadvantages of several brands and models, including presenting full quotes with prices and optimized support equipment (inverters, etc.) and projections on power generation. By the end of the process, I felt 100% confident that I was getting the best system for my needs, whereas my confidence was note nearly that high with the other installers despite significant research on my part. (Personally, I don`t think the other installers` confidences were particularly high because they were not able to answer a significant number of my more detailed/technical questions.) In the end, I went with a 4.2 kwh Yingli system with a Solectria Power Inverter. The other finalist system was an american made system by Helios, but was a bit more expensive, so Yingli it was.
- Brighstar`s team of installers and electricians were all friendly, respectful of our home, and accessible to answer questions.
- Because Brightstar shepherded me through the paperwork process, our system was built quickly.
- My system has now been operating for over a month and is well ahead (~20%) of the power generation estimates that Brightstar provided in their initial quote. ($ $ $ !)

Bottom-line: This is a company with trustworthy, knowledgeable people who do high quality work that is tailored to your needs. Even better, because the system is well-crafted, it`s cheaper and more profitable in both the short- and long-term.

Please feel free to email me through Yelp or ask Brightstar to provide my contact information (Dan on Pine Street in Quincy). I would be happy to share more about what I learned from doing a lot of research on solar system and the finances of a solar system as well as further expounding the virtues of brightstar.

Reviewed: 07/11/2012

Click here for more details

One of the few contractors I have worked with to me extra efforts to make sure that the process and status

were continually communicated. They always let me know when things would be done and when they would be onsite, and met their commitments. They made sure that the system was installed exactly as I wanted it, whether it was panel placement on the roof or routing of the conduit from the roof to the basement. Overall, they did everything they promised, when they promised to do it.

Reviewed: 06/07/2012

Reviewed: 06/04/2012

Click here for more details

Brighstar Solar is a very professional and knowledgeable company. They installed 18 solar panels over our

standing-seam metal roof (which looks very clean and sharp!). We chose Brighstar Solar out of three bids based on price, their clear and comprehensive proposal, and their experience working with officials in our town. Since incentives can differ depending on the state you live in and your utility provider, it helps to hire the firm that is most able to handle the necessary paperwork in addition to their technical expertise. Brighstar Solar exceeded our expectations in every way.

Reviewed: 05/21/2012

Click here for more details

The company owners were personally engaged in the project and truely cared about my satisfaction.

Reviewed: 05/02/2012

Reviewed: 04/20/2012

Click here for more details

Of the four companies who gave us estimates for the work, Jon and Mona Reese were the most thorough with

explanations of how the system worked, all the paperwork involved, and information about rebates, taxes, and the SREC process. We are very pleased with their work and would highly recommend them.

Reviewed: 02/14/2012

Click here for more details

Brightstar worked with me to ensure my expectations were met. In some cases the design was changed and in

others my expectations needed adjustment. When we were finished, I think I had the best possible product. Their desire to communicate far exceded other installers I interviewed.

Type: other

Reviewed: 02/01/2012

Reviewed: 02/01/2012

Click here for more details

Great folks. The process could not have been easier. A very positive experience, and I would use or

recommend Brightstar with no hesitation.

Reviewed: 01/30/2012

Click here for more details

I cannot imagine a better or more knowledgeable installer than BrightStar. The owners are professional and

enthusiastic! This is a local company offering personal and personalized service.

Reviewed: 01/30/2012

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona Reese and Brightstar, their company, were a joy to work with. They made the science and

technology and the government incentives understandable. They were totally professional in all particulars.

Reviewed: 01/29/2012

Click here for more details

This is an outstanding, professional, well-run company. They did what they promised, on time and on budget.

I have the highest regard for their service and support.

Reviewed: 01/28/2012

Click here for more details

We were extremely happy with Brightstar Solar. I`d almost buy another house to have them install solar

panels for us again.

Reviewed: 01/23/2012

Click here for more details

Great experience and we`re very pleased.

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona were a pleasure to work with. Besides being well versed in photovoltaic technology, Jon has an

excellent background in finance. He presented a balanced case for a PV system in terms of investment and payback, and was able to answer all questions both technical and financial. The bulk of the project was completed in two days. The only obstacle was obtaining the net meter, which took four months and was my town`s responsibility. I don`t know what could be done to secure this hardware well ahead of completion, and I`m not sure if the contractor could play more of a role in those towns where there isn`t a lot of experience.

Click here for more details

John, and Mona were excellent to deal with!!!! They were professional, friendly, they took the time to

answer all questions in a way that we could understand. All of Brightstar`s staff was punctual,courteous,friendly, and kept the work area clean. Our experience was such a positive one that we would gladly recommend them to everyone and would not hesitate to do so.

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona from Brightstar Solar are fantastic. They are very dedicated to their customers and to the

concept of renewable energy.

Reviewed: 01/21/2012

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona were fantastic. I would happily recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed: 01/18/2012

Click here for more details

Brightstar Solar service was exceptional. The price we paid for the panels was higher than the other bids we

received but the exceptional service made this by far the better value. The paper and adminstrative work was all done by Brightstar. All doucmentation was timily and complete. We receveid on-going status updates throughout the project installation. An overall exceptional experience.
Outstanding service. Very pleased with the performance of the solar panels.

Reviewed: 01/18/2012

Click here for more details

Jon and Mona are joy to work with. They went out of their way in customizing our PV system needs which

included a revenue grade utility net metering capability by Locus Energy smartmeter. Having this meter has greatly simplified the SREC reporting responsibility as all the reporting is done without any human intervention and is fully automated.

Installing PV is a new experience and both Jon and Mona have gone way beyond the call of the duty in helping us explain all the intricacies very patiently. We would highly recommend that they be your top priority PV installers! Cheers!
One happy customer!! Ever since the PV was installed we have paid no bills! We should note that the system has outperformed the initial projected output by at least 5% so far! Great job over all...

Type: other

Reviewed: 01/16/2012

Reviewed: 01/16/2012

Service Areas:

Massachusetts
Middlesex County
Acton, Arlington, Arlington Heights, Arlington Hts, Ashby, Ashland, Auburndale, Ayer, Bank of America, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Boston Clg, Boston College, Boxboro, Boxborough, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Cambridgeport, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Cherry Brook, Chestnut Hill, Cochituate, Concord, Devens, Dracut, Dunstable, E Arlington, E Cambridge, E Pepperell, E Somerville, E Watertown, East Arlington, East Cambridge, East Pepperell, East Somerville, East Watertown, Everett, Field Premium Inc, Forge Village, Fort Devens, Framingham, Framingham Center, Framingham So, Ft Devens, Groton, Hanscom AFB, Harvard Sq, Harvard Square, Hastings, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Inman Square, Kates Corner, Kendal Green, Kendall Square, Lahey Clinic Med Ctr, Lexington, Lincoln, Lincoln Center, Littleton, Lowell, Malden, Marlboro, Marlborough, Massachusetts District, Maynard, Medford, Mellon Financial Services, Melrose, N Billerica, N Cambridge, N Chelmsford, N Natick, N Reading, N Sudbury, Nabnasset, Natick, National Grid, New England Business, New England Business Svc Inc, New Town, Newton, Newton Center, Newton Centre, Newton Cntr, Newton Ctr, Newton Highlands, Newton Hlds, Newton L F, Newton Lower Falls, Newton U F, Newton Upper Falls, Newtonville, No Natick, Nonantum, North Billerica, North Cambridge, North Chelmsford, North Natick, North Reading, North Sudbury, North Waltham, Nutting Lake, Nuttings Lake, Pepperell, Pinehurst, Pingryville, Porter Square, Reading, Riverside, S Chelmsford, S Natick, Saxonville, Sherborn, Shirley, Shirley Center, Shirley Ctr, Silver Hill, So Natick, Somerville, South Natick, South Waltham, Stoneham, Stony Brook, Stow, Sudbury, Tewksbury, Townsend, Tufts Univ, Tufts University, Tyngsboro, Tyngsborough, Village of Nagog Woods, Vlg Nagog Wds, Vlg of Nagog Woods, W Acton, W Concord, W Groton, W Medford, W Newton, W Somerville, W Townsend, Waban, Wakefield, Waltham, Watertown, Watertown Financial, Waverley, Wayland, West Acton, West Concord, West Groton, West Medford, West Newton, West Somerville, West Townsend, Westford, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester, Winter Hill, Woburn, Woodville

Back to list

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.