Black Platinum Solar & Electric

Rating:

Based on 114 Reviews

Pre-Screened Solar Pro

Company Description:

What makes us different? Attention to detail and Quality. We are one of the premier Enphase Energy Microinverter installers in Arizona.

Black Platinum Solar & Electric has worked hard to achieve and maintain an impeccable customer satisfaction rating. Our photovoltaic systems are installed with professionalism and the highest attention to detail, starting with top-of-the-line microinverters.

Over the years, we have committed to installing the Enphase product only—and installing it right. With the added energy harvest and current pricing, we are extremely competitive when it comes to squaring off with other central inverters in the field.

Our quality installations, combined with the extended warranty of our Enphase Microinverters—currently a 25-year warranty with Lifetime Monitoring—makes us the ideal choice for your home. The monitoring brings system information to a detail not expected or experienced by any central inverter system with extreme modifications.

Although we only offer solar to consumers who own their systems (no solar-leasing at this time), Black Platinum Solar & Electric prides itself on customer satisfaction and is sure to maximize your PV electricity production.

Services:

• Poor

• Terrible

Would you recommend?

114 Reviews

Sort by: Date or Ratings (sorted by most recent)

A great company to do business with

A great company to do business with

John Black, the owner of Black Platinum Solar and Electric was professional, efficient, and easy to work

with. He created a very thorough assessment of our solar needs and designed a system to meet our requirements.
The work was completed in the time frame promised, with John and the other workers showing up at the scheduled times. The estimate we were given for the work was reasonable, and there were no additional fees or ''surprise'' costs at the end of the installation.
The solar system has performed as promised and we highly recommend this company.

Reviewed: 02/01/2016

Black Platinum

Black Platinum

I first met John and his team at my Son''s house where I help oversee the installation.
I was impressed

with how clean and neat the team worked.
The only hiccup on my Sons install had nothing to do with the Black Platinum. It took APS a really long time to commission his install.
When John had completed the work on my Sons Home I ask his put together a quote for my home it was very competitive.
At my home John and his team arrived at 6 AM on a Tuesday morning and the job was completed on Friday. John had pulled the permits arranged for the inspections, every thing went smoothly and APS commissioned the new meter the following Tuesday.
John and his team are very dedicated, efficient and clean. When they left the only way you could tell they were here was the photovoltaic panels on the roof. A very clean install no exposed conduit, all broken tile replaced and pigeon stop mesh installed.

Reviewed: 01/14/2016

Excellent experience from first phone call to over a year later

Excellent experience from first phone call to over a year later

Black Platinum Solar was highly recommended to me by a colleague who told me to go ahead and talk to other

installers and get quotes before calling John. He was confident that I would end up signing with John and assured me that I would not be disappointed. He was absolutely correct.

Initial Phonecall to Design...
From the beginning, I had a ton of questions for John and he answered every single one with no pressure at all. After agreeing to move forward with Black Platinum, John and I exchanged multiple emails coming up with a design for a system that worked for us (our install was a complex one with shading from the two story house next door). John was very receptive to my input as we went back and forth with different designs to come up with the perfect set up for us. His pricing is also very competitive with others out there.

Installation...
With other companies, you have one person that talks to you on the phone, another person that comes to your house to show you a design, and who knows who will end up installing the system. With Black Platinum Solar, I spoke with John on the phone, John designed the layout, and John was out there with his team doing the install. John and his team came to the house on schedule and did a fantastic job with the install.

Comparing our installation to other houses in the neighborhood that went with other installers, ours is so much cleaner. John takes pride in his installations. When viewing our house from the street, you can hardly tell that we have a solar system installed - there is no exposed conduit running down the side of our house and panels are placed in such a way that they blend in nicely with the roof.

Performance...
We have had the system for just over a year and production has been as originally estimated. We are very satisfied with our system and after a year of ownership, we ended 2015 producing just slightly more electricity than we used for the year. John''s design was perfect. By the way, if we ended up going with the design of one of the other larger solar installers, there is no way we could have produced the amount of electricity as John''s design - the other installers were going to place panels on parts of my roof that are shaded for a good part of the day from the house next door. I have had questions for John within the first year of our system being installed and John emailed or called me back right away answering all my questions.

I could not be any more pleased with my experience with John and Black Platinum Solar and I highly recommend him for anyone in the valley looking to install a photovoltaic system. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed: 01/13/2016

Extremely Satisfied

Extremely Satisfied

I spent about 4 months searching solar companies and found Black Platinum on SolarReviews.com. Black

Platinum had an excellent rating. I read all of the reviews and gave them a call. John, his wife Toni, and his crew totally deserve that excellent rating. From the time they started, to the end of the job, everything went as planned and on time. Everyone was professional, courteous, and they did a wonderful job. We are extremely happy with our system, and highly recommend them.

Reviewed: 01/09/2016

asujrpv

Gilbert, AZ

PV system

PV system

Black Platinum Solar and Electric company does an excellent job. They are fair, and they explain what needs

to be done and why. I needed other electric fix to the house which they did. They also installed skylights. I am very happy with their work. So far things have worked very well. If you plan to install a PV or have other electric installation done to your house, I would not hesitate to contact this company. I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed: 12/31/2015

A must have company for your solar project!

Excellent

A must have company for your solar project!

I was introduced to Black Platinum Solar and Electric through my father, he recommended them because he was

thoroughly pleased with their work and continued customer support. John Black and his wife Toni were very professional and helpful through the entire solar process, answering all my questions and concerns. Mr. Black will even complete the electric company application for you if you are having difficulties accomplishing the required information. Mr Black and his crew were prompt, worked quickly, efficiently and resulted in a quality product. I recommend Black Platinum Solar and Electric to all of my friends and coworkers for the best product at the best price with worry free installation and after purchase support. Me Black will walk you through the entire process and explain why buying your solar system is more beneficial and economical than leasing. He even recommended a reputable bank that offers solar loans at a reasonable rate. I had electric ran to a detached garage and an RV plug-in at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Black Platinum Solar and Electric for all solar and electrical needs!

Type: Other

Reviewed: 12/26/2015

Excellent Excellent Excellent

Excellent Excellent Excellent

I can''t say enough about John Black and his crew. Honest, professional, and excellent work. What you see

is what you get with these guys. I 100% trust them and they have been so easy to work with. Workmanship is perfect, such attention to detail. When the actual owner is on your roof doing quality work that says a ton. If you want to see my home , you are welcome to come look at his work.

Reviewed: 07/31/2015

danny9ds
07/31/2015
No question best installer and company.

Black Platinum Solar is the Best!

Excellent

Black Platinum Solar is the Best!

They upgraded 24 micro-inverters on my two story. After going to bat for me with my original providers, John

got them to upgrade them all for free! I just paid unbelievably low labor charges and gave them a tip to boot! Prompt and wonderfully friendly service. Very competent with unbelievably low prices! I have no reservations about recommending them highly for any job.

Reviewed: 07/23/2015

AMAZING SERVICE

AMAZING SERVICE

THE SERVICE AND INSTALLATION WAS AMAZING!! JOHN WAS VERY HELPFUL AND I WILL RECOMMEND JOHN AND BLACK

PLATINUM AS LONG AS HE IS STILL THERE

Reviewed: 07/21/2015

Integrity, service and a class-act - @ 1.5 years after install

Integrity, service and a class-act - @ 1.5 years after install

We finished our install and a refund check arrived in the mail from Black Platinum. The price of the newer

inverters was less than they originally got quoted so they were refunding the difference. We never expected anything like this. We had signed a contract for a set amount. This was exceptional customer service.

John always called back and returned emails promptly even when we were in a rush to get started.

They only use the best possible materials, including the mounts, panels and inverters.

John answered any and all of our questions clearly and patiently.

He and his crew have been exceptional in every way from the first contact to a year and a half after the install.

We are so pleased with our system. Too bad that we can''t find exceptional companies like this for other aspects of our lives.

We can''t say enough about how terrific they are!!! We looked at reviews before buying and Black Platinum Solar was the only one with good or great reviews and nothing negative. Now we understand why.

Reviewed: 06/02/2015

Larry and Kim

Larry and Kim

John and his crew were very professional, courteous and trustworthy during the planning and installation of

our system. I had complete confidence in John''s suggestions and decisions during the whole process. I would recommend Black Platinum Solar to anyone interested in a solar system. Thank you John and Toni for a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed: 03/19/2015

Ed1

Positive experience

Positive experience

John and his crew are top notch. Every question I had was answered quickly. The installation was complete.

They left no mess and other than the panels and equipment, you would never know they were there. We are very glad we chose Black Platinum for the job and would recommend them to anyone who was thinking of going solar.

Reviewed: 01/29/2015

When you want the best!

When you want the best!

Black Platinum Solar was referred to us by a friend that was among their many satisfied customers. If you

are looking for the best solution available, the cleanest installation and great advice all along the way, this is THE Company to choose in Phoenix. John and his team are top notch, and the microinverter solution is the most efficient, highest value technology out there based on my research. We are completely satisfied, and would recommend Black Platinum without any hesitation or reservation. If you are considering PV Solar in greater Phoenix, call them first.

Reviewed: 01/25/2015

Platinum service!

Platinum service!

I looked at solar to offset my high APS bill during the summer months (I have 3 AC units).

John and

team were outstanding from day one. I must have spent six months researching the technologies, the industry offerings, the installers etc. I chose Black Platinum because of their reputation for quality, Johns knowledge and value for money. I have an LG/Enphase system on the roof performing above my expectations.

Bring the heat, with solar energy my home is ready!

Reviewed: 01/23/2015

Residential Solar

Residential Solar

Excellent communications, price, labor and follow up. The whole process was done without any headaches to

me. Would recommend this company to anyone. Very easy to work with.

Dave G

Reviewed: 01/23/2015

Excellent experience!

Excellent experience!

They handle everything and then some. Above and beyond expectations!

Reviewed: 12/02/2014

great experience!

great experience!

Black Platinum Solar saved me thousands of dollars compared to Solar City. Black Platinum Solar was a

pleasure to work with on our solar system. They were on time and went above and beyond throughout the entire experience. I would refer them to anyone with a clear conscience knowing they will keep their word unlike a lot of other contractors that I have done business with in the past.

Reviewed: 11/30/2014

Amazing install

Amazing install

I wanted to get on the Solar band wagon and reduce my power bill. I feel this investment will pay me back

for many years to come. Asking my neighbors I had many opinions and all had central inverters so I was a little concerned about the micro inverters John uses since all the installs I had seen have central inverters. John explained that the manufacturer warrantys them and pays to change them if there is a failure, i was very pleased. I want a system that makes power for many years and requires no maintenance. The LG panels , Enphase inverters and all the materials John uses appear to be top of the line stuff. Other quotes I had gotten were much lesser quality with POLY panels and central inverters and conduit strapped to the side of my home. I feel really good about the system, the Install was professional and the way John and his team run the wiring inside the walls ( not exposed)it really makes it a clean job. I think John takes pride in his work and the finished product shows that pride. The whole process was really easy and quick he got the approvals and permits much faster than expected.

Reviewed: 11/26/2014

great service, great advice, great quality of work

great service, great advice, great quality of work

The owner of the company is an ex-telephone company employee, and like many I know, they are very

detailed-oriented and quality-oriented. John B. was no exception.

John B. was a pleasure to work with and he kept me up to date with status reports. He also showed me any items that I needed to know about. He also responded anytime I called him.

I would STRONGLY recommend his company to my friends & family to have Black Platinum Solar install their solar system.

Reviewed: 11/24/2014

Excellent service

Excellent service

It was a pleasure working with John. He was very responsive and went above and beyond to take care of us.

I would recommend their company if you want solar panels without reservations. They have competitive pricing and use the latest technology (microinverters and high quality panels).

Reviewed: 11/21/2014

Highly Recommended

Highly Recommended

Very pleased with the entire experience of having solar installed by Black Platinum. From the initial call

til the end of the project, everything was handled in a timely and professional manner by the company. They took the time to review my requirements, explain my options, and help me select a system that would meet my family''s needs. The installation process was painless, and communication during the entire project was second to none. Highly recommended.

Reviewed: 11/20/2014

Going Green in the Brown Desert

Going Green in the Brown Desert

Everything is awesome. The price was great, the install went great and we were up and running faster than

planned. I am pleasantly surprised at how much lower my utility bills are. Everyone is super friendly, we are planning phase 2 for 2015 which will make us net power producers and potentially receiving a check at the end of the each year from the utility. Two thumbs up.

Reviewed: 11/18/2014

Excellent!

Excellent!

John Black is professional and very knowledgeable about solar. He helped us to design a solar system based

on our current and projected usage. His prices were reasonable and service excellent. We are very happy and highly recommend Black Platinum Solar.

Reviewed: 11/07/2014

Adding Additional Solar Panels to Existing Solar System

Adding Additional Solar Panels to Existing Solar System

In addition to adding 16 additional solar panels, Black Platinum Solar & ELectric Comapany updated our

existing panels to become more efficient by producing more electricity than there were producing previously. They also updated our breaker box to bring it up to code all within budget. This company and their employees absolutely put the customer first and foremost. Their honesty, high level of integrity and outstanding work ethic certainly went way beyond our expectations. All employees were professional and considerate. The quality of work definitely makes this a 5 Star Company. This is truly an outstanding company.

Type: Other

Reviewed: 08/09/2014

Excellent Install and system monitoring after install

Excellent Install and system monitoring after install

John Black pays attention to detail and does each job as if it were his own home. He will spend the time to

make sue you understand the options and how it works and also what he recommends and why. He remotely monitors my system for any possible issues. I would definitely use John again, have recommended him to many already, some of whom have had systems installed.

Reviewed: 07/27/2014

Competent, competitive, and aims to please

Competent, competitive, and aims to please

Title says it all. We''ve had a 10kW LG + Enphase installation now for two months. It works great.

John + Toni Black worked with us to recommend a design, dealing with the constraints of our roof. They helped us get it approved quickly, installed on time and on budget. Really personal service, high quality and were there for us to make it happen.

Reviewed: 06/07/2014

Great Job

Great Job

John and his team are great to work with. The installation was very neat and even though he estimated the

system producing significantly more energy than the nrel pvwatts calculator would predict he was absolutely right. The panels and micro inverters produce power for a large part of the day. Great working with someone local rather than through a salesman of a large company.

Reviewed: 06/02/2014

installed December 2009, 4.5 years ago

installed December 2009, 4.5 years ago

Hey John! Hope all is well. Just wanted to share that my system has now produced 80.0 Mwh. I''m so glad I

did this when I did. Could not be happier with the system and I''m glad I chose Black Platinum Solar for the installation.

Reviewed: 05/31/2014

Great company

Great company

John and his staff worked quickly and efficiently to get me the power that I needed at a great

price!

Reviewed: 05/31/2014

Installation just completed

Installation just completed

John Black and his company Black Platinum Solar did an exemplary job from start to finish. I was not sold on

it by John as he doesn''t sell you, but by a neighbor who could not say enough positive things. We are delighted by the polite professional team that designed and installed our system. If you want it done right this is the company to call.

Reviewed: 05/28/2014

azcactusman
05/28/2014
absolutely, these guys are great.

5-year update

5-year update

Black Platinum Electric installed our Fountain Hills system over 5 years ago (see my original post on

9/2/08) and we couldn''t be happier with the results. No problems of any kind with the system whatsoever, but then again, would you expect problems with an installer who knows his business, uses top-of-the-line equipment and stands behind his work? We''re extremely happy in having chosen John Black to do our solar installation.

Bob M.

Reviewed: 03/08/2014

Great to work with

Great to work with

John and his crew have gone above and beyond to make our solar panel installation painless. We highly

recommend them for any work you want done.

Reviewed: 11/12/2013

Best Solar Installer Ever

Best Solar Installer Ever

I have worked with John Black of Black Platinum Solar & Electric for the past 6 months and completed the

installation ahead of time and to perfection. When I threw the switch, we immediately had superb power generation. John and his crew are a breeze to work with. He even fixed several other electrical problems in my panel that he came across while hooking up the solar. I give my highest recommendation to Black Platinum Solar & Electric.

Reviewed: 11/05/2013

A++ installer and service

A++ installer and service

From analysis to install, John has shown that he not only installs top quality products, but stand behind

them. When any of the components have gone bad - and we used top of the line panels and inverters - they were replaced (a couple inverters went bad) it was with upgraded components and immediately and of course with no charge. He''s a quality technical installer and A+ for post install service.....You will love his work and his products and I encourage him to bring people to my place and see his work.

Reviewed: 05/06/2013

ppollockaz
05/07/2013
I reviewed John and his company back in 2009 when the system was installed, but forgot that I had done so - but you can see my opinion of his work and my satisfaction with my system has remained an A+.

Click here for more details

Great to work with and will again

Reviewed: 01/29/2013

Click here for more details

Black Platinium was great to work with and I am very pleased with the repairs and the additional new solar

panels. John Black wnt out of his way to made a previously installed solar system that was installed poorly and not working correctly by another contractor into an Aplus system.

Reviewed: 01/18/2013

Click here for more details

John Black, from Black Platinum cared enought about me as his customer to get involved with my install, when

my first contractor turned out to be unreputable, untrained, and hired unskilled workers to install my Solar System. The system was never activated, because I had no grounding, the wiring was done wrong,the racking was installed inproperly and I had some brackets holding my solar panels barely touching the panel. I had water in conduit which contained electrical wiring and no lightening arrestors. Mr. Black and his crew removed my entire solar system and redid the whole thing. He had my roof resealed, installed the racking per manufacturers specifications, removed the conduit and ran the wiring though my attic.
Mr. Black reistalled my system and I couldn`t be happier. Because of all of the problems I had Enphase threw in the Envoy for me. John added more panels and now my electric bill is the minimum for ED3. I am so very thankful for John and I wouldn`t hire anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed: 01/15/2013

Reviewed: 01/11/2013

Click here for more details

I could not be happier with our choice of installers. John, the owner, was extremely informative in every

aspect of the process, and even helped us maximize the cost effectiveness of our system by explaining the different payment plans that our electric company provides. He always gives a prompt response and his information and logic are reliable. I highly recommend Black Platinum Solar & Electric!

Reviewed: 01/10/2013

Great people

Reviewed: 01/06/2013

Click here for more details

Completely satisfy with the install and it looks great. The install did not interfere with any of our daily

activities and there’s no wiring or conduit on the outside of my house.
Bill M.

Reviewed: 01/06/2013

Click here for more details

BLACK PLATINUM SOLAR & ELECTRIC is a Aplusplusplus company, I will refer them to anyone considering

Solar, or electrical upgrades to their home, John and crew were knowledgeable and went out of their way to insure everything was 110% complete, from performance to visual aesthetics to top quality Equ.. I’ve seen two other installs from other companies and that’s what I was expecting, but once BLACK PLATINUM was completed, I was amazed on how clean and no short cut were taken… I’m glad I went with Solar and I believe I’ve chosen the best GC in the valley… No complaints!!!

Reviewed: 01/03/2013

Click here for more details

John Black is AWESOME!! Very professional, very prompt, very knowledgeable and experienced, followed through

on all promises, exceptionally nice and friendly to work with- in short, if every contractor was as good as Black Platinum Solar life would be so much simpler.

Click here for more details

John Black is a dedicated professional who when well above and beyond what was necessary to insure I was

informed of the various types of systems, how they functioned, and, after studying my electric consumption and planning for future changes, recommended the perfect system. He and his crew were consummate professionals who arrived on time everyday and completed the installation on schedule. I recommend him without reservation- indeed, you could find no better solar electric PV system installer than John.

Click here for more details

We were totally pleased with our solar installation from beginning to end, and love the system we now have.

The contractor and their employees were totally professional and polite. The quality of their work exceeded or expectations, from the type of supports used to the guage of the wire. Just as important, the contractor did an amazing job of communication with us from the quote stage through the completion of the work and inspections.

Click here for more details

John and his crew completed my installation ahead of schedule and I could not be happier with the results. A

short test showed the system performing well above expectations and I look forward to bringing the system online full time. To quote a phrase this thing "ROCKS"!

I would recommend John and his crew to anyone wanting a PV installation. They use top of the line equipment and their expertise is second to none.

Click here for more details

Black Platinum completed the project on time and budget. John and crew did a great job on our solar project.

Click here for more details

John Black (owner) is the best contractor of any type I have hired. I have done a lot of work on my house

and had issues with every contractor EXCEPT Black Platinum. I got 2 other quotes which were more money. One large company told me not to use Black Platinum “because they were small with little experience”. They also said “micro-inverters were unproven technology”. They were totally wrong on both accounts. I found smaller is better especially when the owner is onsite doing the work. John was also willing to accommodate unique needs of my situation. Mine is large system which required swapping out a main electrical panel. There was an manufacturer issue with the panel causing a partial power failure that showed up on Thanksgiving Day morning. Despite the holiday, John and one of his workers came to the house within a hour to address the issue. I doubt that would have happened with a “large company”. John also monitors his subs (roof, stucco, drywall, etc.) closely and makes sure the job is up to his standards. BOTTOM LINE: I highly recommend Black Platinum.
I love the Enphase micro-inverter system with its online monitoring. Very cool.

Click here for more details

A very knowledgeable,honnist,and committed company to give the buyer far more than they expected. A company

that is not doing the work just for money but for the satisfaction of doing a top quality install for the themslves and the customer. A breath of fresh air finally in the service install industry of the world. Well done John Black.

Click here for more details

Every thing that was done was above abd beond what anyone would exspect from a company. I would recommend

them and will do so if anyone asks about solar.
all work inspections and work were done by the contractor which is why I would recommend them at the highest advantage of everything done,.

Click here for more details

I`m a demanding customer and I`m not easily impressed. I selected Black Platinum Solar after carefully

researching several solar PV installers. John Black is unquestionably the finest contractor I`ve ever worked with. He went above and beyond at every phase of my solar PV project. John is proud of and enjoys his work. It is evident in everything he does. We worked together planning the project and I`ve never received such enthusiastic communication from ANY contractor. John made me feel like the work he was doing for me was as if it were his own house. If you want an honest, hard working, extremely knowledgeable and quality conscious PV solar contractor, Black Platinum Solar is the company you`ll want to hire.

Reviewed: 11/19/2012

Click here for more details

I have never worked with a better contractor. John Black was the 3rd contractor I interviewed for this

project. John went above and beyond expectations upgrading parts to the system that I would have never known about because he wanted to make sure the system was perfect according to his high standards. Do not use any other contractor to install your solar system. John takes the time to make you understand what you are getting and what you are paying for better than any of the other companies out there.
I can not speak highly enough about my experiences with John Black`s Platinum Solar

Reviewed: 05/26/2012

Reviewed: 05/18/2012

Click here for more details

John Black is the best contractor I have ever worked with. He listened to me and worked with me to get the

most of what I needed.
In regards to the incentives, He did not charge for the utility payback, but he did for the government payback obviously.

Reviewed: 05/17/2012

Click here for more details

The cost for the system was stated showing the full amount. The APS amount was not paid by the buyer.

. APS forwarded the funds directly to the supplier.

Click here for more details

Extremely professional organization. Goes above and beyond their responsibilities.

Click here for more details

John Black was a very honest hard working man. I would recomend him to anyone looking at a PV system. Our

system is working exactly as he represented and we are very pleased with the system and the quality of the installation. JTM
All handled very professionally and as represented by John Black.

Click here for more details

The entire process from the first sales call until after the final payment was made was handled with the

utmost professionalism. And the process was easy and friendly. It was a pleasure dealing with this company. Since our project was completed, we have successfully engaged the same company on a second project.
Our contractor handled all the attendant issues with the local utility company and the city building inspectors.

Click here for more details

I have recommended them to all my friends who ask. We are very pleased.

Click here for more details

I found everyone associate with Black Platinum Solar to be 100% honest, hard working, respectful, diligent,

professional, helpful, informative, and a number of other very positive adjectives. When I started looking into solar options, I had narrowed the options down to 4 companies and then talked with each one. By a very wide margin, Black Platinum Solar outshines the others. I have recommended Black Platinum Solar to many friends and acquaintances with at least one couple that has already had their system installed by Black Platinum Solar. They are just as happy as can be. I know that my choice in Black Platinum Solar was the very best that I could have made. I give Black Platinum Solar the highest marks possible in every category!
On the purchase incentive, this was an important aspect as it lowered the total cost by a considerable amount. I may or may not have been able to afford the purchase without the incentives provided by APS. Knowing what I know now, with the cost savings each month and over time, it would have been a wise investment even without the incentive.

Click here for more details

Excellant turn-key job! John Black and all of his crew filled every expectation.

Click here for more details

John and Toni Black were awesome to work with! John is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to solar

electric systems. He provided us with the details we needed to make an informed decision and took the time to explain how the system would work. John was patient in responding to all of our many questions and always asked if we had more. John and Toni handled all of the paperwork quickly and efficiently – we didn’t have to worry about anything. John was always in communication with us during the project so that we knew what to expect along the way. John and his team were always on time, efficient and courteous, with excellent attention to detail. The project progressed smoothly and was completed ahead of schedule. Black Platinum Solar & Electric exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend them.

Reviewed: 05/11/2012

Click here for more details

excellent, thorough, and pays attention to detail. easy to communicate, extremely knowledgeable

Reviewed: 09/05/2011

Click here for more details

Provided a very professional solution to moving the electrical main line from under an addition. Would

strongly recommend company to anyone. Had very good relationship with the county officials and power company.

Reviewed: 08/23/2011

First Class Work.
The problem is SRP !!!!
Price was net of the little SRP incentive but not of the

Tax credit.

Reviewed: 08/20/2011

Click here for more details

Only area that would not rate above average was supervision of sub contractors. It was average. Sub

b contractors did not comply with contracts and caused additional work to be performed. Additional costs paid by Black Platinum or sub, did not affect my price in any manner.

In all extremely professional contractor. Delivered as promised on time at price of contract. Contract price extremely fair, not low bidder, but delivered high quality for fair price.

Excellent after sale follow up and remains in contact. Assists with warranty issues and always available for questions or comments about system. Would use in future and definately recommend to others.

Reviewed: 08/19/2011

Click here for more details

John Black of Black Platinum is great to work with. All details were discussed with me before the job was

started. I had a drawing of panel layout for my approval. The Enphase Inverter system is amazing technology.

Reviewed: 08/19/2011

Click here for more details

I would recommend Black Platinum to anyone. I work for a contractor, John and his crew did the project on

time and on budget. He has been available to us for follow up questions.

Reviewed: 05/23/2011

Click here for more details

John Black and his installers were THE most professional construction crew I have ever worked with. He and

his team, arrived on time, arrived on the scheduled date, did the work they said they were going to do and left the site cleaner than when they arrived. This is an EXCELLENT company.

Click here for more details

John and his team were great to work with. Very professional, friendly, and helpful!

Click here for more details

An awesome experience. We interviewed ten solar companies before choosing Black Platinum. It was the only

one that was able to expertly and authoritatively answer all of our questions, both technical and financial. Everyone else just sent out part time employees with canned PowerPoint presentations and no knowledge at all. Black Platinum has taken care of us after installation. They monitor our system and stop by every so often to see how things are working. If you care about having the job done right, and don`t want any late stage unpleasant surprises, you can`t go wrong with this company.

Reviewed: 04/14/2011

Click here for more details

Contracter was very customer orientated, explained everything in great detail. Followed through with the

installation as scheduled. Completed project was very neat and clean. Highly recommend this contractor.

Reviewed: 04/12/2011

Click here for more details

Super group to work with!

Reviewed: 04/12/2011

Click here for more details

Black Platinum Solar and Electric went above what was in their contract by upgrading parts of my electrical

system that were to code but not up to their standards at no additional cost to me. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed: 04/10/2011

Click here for more details

I obtained bids from six companies prior to selecting Black Platinum Solar to install my solar power plant.

My two-story house does not have a lot of southern real estate for panels, but I wanted to get the largest system possible. Black Platinum`s bid provided the largest KW STC system size of all the bids, almost three times the size of the smallest bid. Black Platinum had no problem with any of my several change requests, even relocating a furnace flue to squeeze one more panel in. John Black, owner, spent hours on the phone and in person explaining the technology, and working on the design. Every aspect of this project exceeded my expectations. I must say that Black Platinum Solar ranks at the top of my satisfaction list of all companies that I have ever done business with. Now if only I could find a dentist and auto mechanic with the same honesty, friendliness, and work ethic...

Reviewed: 11/10/2010

Reviewed: 10/29/2010

Reviewed: 10/28/2010

Click here for more details

We can highly recommend Black Platinum Solar and Electric for any one considering hiring them to install

their PV system.

Click here for more details

Very professional and competent. Very happy with my new system.

Click here for more details

There was an issue with the city permitting, and Black Platinum dealt with it very professionally. I did not

have to take any time to deal with the situation. They did the research into it, and resolved the problem with little delay in the project. I was very pleased with the service. They still send messages to ensure the system is working properly!
This company was very easy to work with, and did a very good job with the project.

Very professional and knowledgable

Click here for more details

Excellent communications, proposal, quality of workmanship, and follow up after installation. I have

recommended Black Platinum to many of my friends.
Black Platinum took care of all the paperwork and incentives as much as they could. I am very pleased with the ease of paperwork and incentive and power company coordination provided by Black Platinum.

Click here for more details

john is simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (bill too)

Very excellent communicator

Click here for more details

Black Platinum explained all details in advance, talked about options, gave an itemized proposal, and

recommended a system size estimated to supply all needed power over a year. The system was installed on schedule and works fine, providing expected output. We really appreciated the personal attention and excellent work provided by John Black and his team!
This question: Did this project work has increased the value of your building ?

isn`t a sentence. I assume it meant did this project work increase the value of your building.

Click here for more details

Very pleasant to work with...went above and beyond.

Reviewed: 05/16/2010

Click here for more details

Considering installing PV is a complicated process with approvals from several entities, there was no way

Black Platinum could have made this process easier. Also, he has the highest integrity.

Click here for more details

John Black was very receptive to changes, and his communication was excellent. The slight delay in

completing the job was no fault of his, but delays in obtaining/processing permit from the City, and inspection process by the utility company.

Click here for more details

Maybe one of the best solar contractors!

Reviewed: 01/19/2010

Click here for more details

They were very professional!

Type: Residential Electric, Residential Hot Water

Reviewed: 01/14/2010

Click here for more details

John Black, president of BLACK PLATINUM SOLAR & ELECTRIC, INC and his people were a pleasure to have

worked with. John and his organization were extremely knowledgeable and professeional. I chose Black Platinum because they presented a solar system that met my requirements and offered the latest technology in DC/AC invertors, the Enphase micro-inverter. In addition, I liked John`s installation philsophy to hide the work so nothing would be visible on the exterior other than the meter. John and his organization not only speaks to customer service and satisfaction but delivers on those ideals. John has a very engaging personality and I enjoyed our conversations about solar and the newer technology he is utilizing. He was always available to answer any question and encourages his customer to become more informed and knowlegeable about solar. I am extremely satisifed with the performance of my system. I feel extremely confident my decision to have Black Platinum do my solar has been validated and would not hesitate to have Black Platinum do additional solar work for me.
I had the highest confidence in the contractor I selected in terms of abilty to get the job done properly. The city and the utility made the installation more difficult by requiring unexpected upgrade work be done that was not ddirectly related to the solar system. The contractor did the upgrades with no additional work to me. I believe the contractor showed a great deal of patience and intergrity.

Reviewed: 01/10/2010

Click here for more details

I enjoyed working with John and his staff. The relationship was personal and professional. It is important

to me to work directly with the contractor and installers...like John...not a large, impersonal sales staff.
I chose to pay the full job amount.

Reviewed: 01/10/2010

Click here for more details

The job was finished ahead of schedule and under budget. It performs as well as or better than expected.

What more need be said ?
I suspect the cost of electricity is going to skyrocket due to the global warming hoax. Therefore my intensions we strickly economical.

Reviewed: 01/09/2010

Click here for more details

From the very beginning communication was fantastic. I rarely had to ask a question. The work on the project

was fast and according to plan. I am extremely pleased.

Reviewed: 01/05/2010

Reviewed: 01/01/2010

Reviewed: 01/01/2010

Click here for more details

John Black is the most dependable contractor I have ever hired. His attention to detail and his willingness

to explain options, etc. was outstanding. Additionally, he always showed up when he said he would and did the work he said he would do on that day. It was a pleasure doing business with John Black.

Reviewed: 12/29/2009

Click here for more details

This project exceeded my expectations in all categories. I just hope I can work with John and Toni Black

again. Every once in the while you find a contractor that is competent, forthright, honest, and in every way a pleasure to work with- that describes Black Platinum!

Reviewed: 11/23/2009

Click here for more details

Contracto was extremely helpful- prevented us from making several mistakes based on misinformation received

from others.

Reviewed: 11/23/2009

Click here for more details

The team at Black Platinum Solar and Electric respond quickly to emails and phone calls, they go the extra

mile to help you correct any issues that may affect your system or any other issues they notice while setting up your system. They are ready to answer any questions you or your neighbors may have about PV systems. They are friendly and willing to help meet your needs! I have recommended them to everyone I have told about my system!!

Reviewed: 11/22/2009

Click here for more details

I am a customer service professional, employed for 33 years at IBM. I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED by John Black`s

and his team`s professionalism, project quality, accuracy, communications and courtesy.

In fact, I am so satisfied, that I have already moved forward with additional projects with John and his team.

BRAVO!

M. Wulff
John Black rocks! I would recommend Black Platinum Solar and Electric to anyone desiring the best quality, professional communications and results at price that is worth the value received.

Reviewed: 09/27/2009

Click here for more details

We started researching this back on Jan 1st. We have detailed bids and research from 8 or 9 companies that

responded. To be honest, John`s bid was slightly higher than 2 other very similar solutions, but we chose John, because we felt we would get the best quality and service, and we are very happy with our choice. He has exceeded our expectations in every aspect of this installation and solution.
question above, "do this project work has increased the value of you building" Have someone proof read you questions, poor English.
We paid for the whole project, we will take care of incentives on our own.

Reviewed: 09/26/2009

Click here for more details

John and his staff were simply the epitomy of service and delivery. I worked for an industry and company

where customer service was the number 1 priority next to the quality of service offered and for the system they put in, the service delivered, I have to give Black Platinum an Aplus for the project beginning to end. Other companies offered less infomation, less technical service and i would recommend Black Platium without resercation.
I would absolutely recommend John Black an Black Platinum for any installation.
He responds immediatley to your questions and concerns, all documentation provide on time and as requested, NOTHING was left on the table and the project to install my system was great..

Reviewed: 09/13/2009

Click here for more details

aLL NEGOTIATIONS AND WORK WAS PERFORMED WHILE WE WE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE. WE WERE NOT ON SITE UNTIL AFTER THE

APPROVAL FROM THE ELECTRIC COMPANY. COMMUNICATION WAS DONE BY EMAIL AND TELEPHONE. WE WERE WELL INFORMED AND THE WORK DONE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL. WE WOULD RECCOMMEND USING BLACK PLATIUM.
WE HAVE NOT HAD THE FINAL MEETING WIH THE CONTRACTOR SINCE WE JUST ARRIVED BACK FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE ON SEPT 11. WE WILL BE MEETING THIS NEXT WEEK FOR THE FIRST TIME FACE TO FACE.

Reviewed: 09/13/2009

Click here for more details

Black Platinum did na excellent job on all aspects of this job and I would highly recommend this company to

anyone interested in PV Solar!

Reviewed: 07/14/2009

Click here for more details

John Black is honest and ethical. We felt completely comfortable working with him throughout the process. We

would high recommend him to anyone considering PV installation.
While we didn`t solicit other bids, we knew who the other providers were and what their basic value proposition was.

Reviewed: 06/26/2009

Click here for more details

Black Platinum is by far the best contractor I have ever dealt with. Every detail is handled professionally

and with commitment to quality and honesty. I would recommend this company to anyone without any reservation
Regarding the incentive, Black Platinum gave me the option of having the incentive serve as our final payment or having the incentive reimbursed to me. I chose the latter.

Reviewed: 02/15/2009

Click here for more details

John Black of Black Platinum Electric, Inc. is a highly knowledgeable Solar Energy System designer,installer

and implementation expert. He is a real professional, dedicated to delivering high-quality services and products.
World class!

Reviewed: 12/31/2008

Click here for more details

I am very satisfied with Black Platinum Electric Incs work. They are very different than all other

contractors I have ever dealt with. As a contractor thet are very knowledgeable and precise, and get things done on time. As people they are very caring, conscientious and honest. I consider myself very lucky to know them.

Reviewed: 10/09/2008

Click here for more details

I am very impressed with the character and work ethic of Mr. Black. He was always reachable by phone or

email and returned my inquiries promptly. Communication with him while the project was underway was never an issue and when I made requests for change orders, they were handled professionally and quickly- very much to my satisfaction. I have dealt with many contractors for various projects on my home over the years and can honestly say that employing Mr. Black for this project was by far the most enjoyable contracting experience I have ever had. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Black and his company for any project and quite frankly, have already done so with family and friends. I am totally satisfied with the quality of work that was done from initial consultation to work completion.

Reviewed: 09/02/2008

Copyright © 2012 - solarreviews.com. All rights reserved.